CaS Mirror Match.

Ramus

[14] Master
So hello you guys, did you ever were browsing in this forums and had the thought.
"My God, this character is pretty cool, but I would have done X and Z different, or maybe redo the style with different parts."
Well here is your chance, I will post one of my characters, then whoever wants to give a new interpretation to the said character can.
Now please, the rules are not well established for now, but soon judges and all that will be on hand.
Anyhow, here is the first one.
Liesloth, governess of Argelos house.

soulcalibur-_12-png.33518
soulcalibur-_13-png.33519

Anyhow, I discussed the idea with @Quinion

It may interest:
@Le_Bello
@Pocky-Yoshi
@VILARCANE
It may interest Gatsu as well.

Edit-
Well lets establish some rules:
There is no limit of recreations one can do.
There is a limit of one request for recreation per week.
There is no winners or losers, but everyone is free to comment on the quality.
Be kind, if your request is not taken, try to change it, or be patient.

Thank you for anyone willing to contribute, and have fun.

Last edited:
So hello you guys, did you ever were browsing in this forums and had the thought.
"My God, this character is pretty cool, but I would have done X and Z different, or maybe redo the style with different parts."
Well here is your chance, I will post one of my characters, then whoever wants to give a new interpretation to the said character can.
Now please, the rules are not well established for now, but soon judges and all that will be on hand.
Anyhow, here is the first one.
Liesloth, governess of Argelos house.

soulcalibur-_12-png.33518
soulcalibur-_13-png.33519

Anyhow, I discussed the idea with @Quinion

It may interest:
@Le_Bello
@Pocky-Yoshi
@VILARCANE
I would put Gatsu but he disabled so, oh well.
Fascinating idea! It's like making recreations of our originals. Getting feedback, improving our CaS, debating art...everybody profits. I'll definitely post something later.

I don't know how soon I can get to this, but I think it's an interesting idea and I'm definitely going to try it.

Since this isn't a straight-up "take a non-SC char and recreate it", it's really an exercise in interpretation, any chance we can get more info on the original in question? Doesn't have to be a life story, but maybe just a sentence or so that captures the character, time period/setting/etc...........

And yes, I'm revealing my ignorance about Argelos House.........apologies.

Here's my remake:
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.jpg2.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_52.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_82.jpg

Design Notes: Horns on head (helmet extension), centurion plume (fur lapel) and feathers of strength (shirt frill) on chest.

There was something about the original's layout that I really liked, so I wanted to put my own spin on it. Disco Jim's always been super flamboyant, but I figured he'd like to try something a bit more aristocratic and go chase some petticoats for a change. Mostly the same armor pieces as the original. I just toned down all the colors and added some bling. Optional mask for the masquerades!

Edit: Lol just realized same color scheme and gauntlets as @Quinion's Dampierre 3P. You can see pictures here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/quinions-customs-house.15441/page-11

Formula attached.

Attachments

• formulaDJ.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
As much as I love your version of Disco Jim @brucege, I can't help but feel the loss of the vibrancy is the loss of the character. Forgive me if I'm wrong and, really, only Pocky could say for certain, but I thought he was supposed to be this "in your face, clashing patterns" kinda guy?

As much as I love your version of Disco Jim @brucege, I can't help but feel the loss of the vibrancy is the loss of the character. Forgive me if I'm wrong and, really, only Pocky could say for certain, but I thought he was supposed to be this "in your face, clashing patterns" kinda guy?
No, that's a very fair statement. Swag is the very essence of Disco Jim. In addition, anyone familiar with my work can tell that I'm far from adverse to bright colors, so the question is really "Where the hell did this come from?" I treated this recreation as a challenge to keep 90% of DJ's equipment and design while pulling a 180° in personality.

And it's not like DJ would never wear something like this. One time doing his laundry, maybe he mixes up the detergent with the bleach and ends up washing out half the colors on his clothes. The stress from messing up the laundry causes him a huge acne breakout. So, on the way out, he pilfers a mask from some hungover party-goer doin' laundry next to him....and BAM! You have the outfit above!

On a more serious note, who knows what'll happen to DJ as he navigates the perilous obstacle course of life? Kinda like how all the fun and games in The Hobbit gets all real and shit in the The Lord of the Rings. Give him a a dozen heartbreaks, a couple battles for life and death, a few government conspiracies, and maybe a car chase or two. Oh, and don't forget the cigarettes. I certainly wouldn't come out the same.

P.S. ~ Edit of Liesloth in the works.

Love your Disco Jim Brucege, it has a medieval jester twist to it that i like, and, pardon my saying, but artistically a tad more coherent than the patchworkey disco jim reposted...
but why am i even saying this, I did a Disco Jim Mistu myself, one i called LMFAO mitsu, who was really really colorful and flashy as hell (over the top and not for everybody's taste, but still very coherent design-wise) :P

Of course, Disco Hilde was more elegant and sexy...

oh, and i did reply to your post about cyberdoll in my thread btw, that and some other masquerade...
Something for you there as well retrotator, about your question on recreating...
[\Shameless advertising]

Last edited:
Personally, it looks better than mine. The outfit is pretty much if Disco Jim had to go to battle and brucege made him more coherent. What he wears is all about swag, and color is no problem. As long as it's flashy, DJ will wear it. brucege nailed it and I might as well steal the formula and such. Well done, you've provided DJ an outfit that summarizes him in battle. Impractical flair jester knight.

The original outfit is the modern zebra frilly shirt, pink flamboyant pants, and zebra shoes. Regardless, I ought to work on that.

God, I love snow days.

@Pocky-Yoshi: Glad you like it, mate. I'll have the formula for you by the end of the week. I might give that warrior Miko a try later too.

Anyways, here's the remix for Ramus's original creation, Liesloth. Just be warned, I took HUGE liberties with the equipment, but I tried to keep the design in character, i.e. a bookish MILF with a flower motif. Extra pictures of a goth-loli version included.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_72.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_322.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_112.jpg

Design Notes: For Old Liesloth, the general strategy was to simply up the detail with a few equipment swaps. I replaced the original's shirt with the top + corset to show cleavage and add layers. For example, I replaced the thigh highs + short boots with Viola's leggings + boots. As a bonus, they include two additional flowers to go with the floral theme. The original design was highly linear, with the two flowers directly above and below each other. I broke this line by removing the lower flower and switching out the tight skirt for the pareo. I replaced the glasses with a monocle to further increase the asymmetry. I also added a baroque-styled hat to add volume to Viola's hair, which is kinda flattened down (since it's supposed to go under a hood). Besides, back in the day, ladies never stepped outside without a hat/bonnet. I preserved the white/green color scheme on the original. I added more gold to the design (since you can't recolor the ringlets on Ivy's gauntlet), and I turned the rose bright red to add accent to the design. I also kept the thorny vine stickers from the original, but I blended them instead of contrasting them.

With a few modifications, it's easy to make a younger, goth-loli Liesloth. Same overall shape as the original. Younger face with extra hair bangs made from phoenix sticker. Clothing is more revealing and flashier. Ivy's armor on the left arm is replaced with Elysium's sleeves, which is lighter and girlier.

P.S. ~ It was tremendously helpful of you (@Ramus) to include a short biography on your character with your entry. I'll be sure to do the same with my own in the future.

Last edited:
Ok time for the review-

The pieces chosen, are particularly more fitting for a younger character, but the way you put those together, it was splendid, the top+corset it was a nice way to build up a up part of a dress, adding the rose helps to establish more composed and modest up part. The skirt design too, it is charming, because it is "simple", the hidden thorns give you something to look at and think "Oh...I see what you did there." She is basically wearing a more flamboyant costume, which is pretty nice since it was a nice character read.

Thanks for the the re-do.

Oh the younger version is pretty neat too. (The skirt is very well done, very French if you ask me.)

PS: Thank you, I do hope you did enjoy the tales of this nanny/fugitive soldier
PSS: Hells man you are on fire, I need to work in something.

call me an idiot, but is this strictly CaS? granted I really don't have the imagination to make really cool CaS's such as these, but are we allowed to showcase character edits? I wouldn't mind sharing a few of mine and if people want to try and improve on them as they are here that'd be great. If not then that's cool.

call me an idiot, but is this strictly CaS? granted I really don't have the imagination to make really cool CaS's such as these, but are we allowed to showcase character edits? I wouldn't mind sharing a few of mine and if people want to try and improve on them as they are here that'd be great. If not then that's cool.
This particular thread requires a bit more flexibility and artistic license than color edits can provide. You are, however, more than welcome to post your work in one of the old threads dedicated to color edits or, if you desire something more personal, create a gallery of your own. Whatever you decide to do, you'll find yourself in a friendly, helpful community willing to answer any question you may have about design or technique. Best of luck to ya, mate.

*lol at sounding like a shady realtor

This particular thread requires a bit more flexibility and artistic license than color edits can provide. You are, however, more than welcome to post your work in one of the old threads dedicated to color edits or, if you desire something more personal, create a gallery of your own. Whatever you decide to do, you'll find yourself in a friendly, helpful community willing to answer any question you may have about design or technique. Best of luck to ya, mate.

*lol at sounding like a shady realtor
I don't mean colour edits, god only knows you can go so far with them. But thanks for your help, I'll keep searching :)

Back