Mother / Nike
Older Sister / Sophitia
Brother / Lucius
Brother-in-Law / Rothion
Nephew / Patroklos
Niece / Pyrrha
Fighting Style
Type: Short Sword & Small Shield
Weapon: Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield (Reforged)
Discipline: Athenian Style
Cassandra Alexandra (カサンドラ・アレクサンドル, Kasandora Arekusandoru; Greek: Κασσάνδρα Αλεξάνδρα) made her debut in Soulcalibur II. The younger sister of Soul Edge character Sophitia Alexandra, Cassandra's main goal is to relieve her sister from the burden of the Soul Edge and the oracles of the blacksmith god Hephaestus. She's also well known for her sarcastic and arrogant comments before and after fighting.

Biography​

Bio: Soulcalibur II​

It was seven years earlier that Cassandra witnessed a mysterious Asian woman bring Sophitia back and draw shards of the evil sword out of her sister's flesh while treating her wounds. Therefore, when Sophitia disappeared again a few years later, Cassandra was certain that her sister had left to contend with Soul Edge once more.

One day, after running errands for her family's bakery, Cassandra visited Sophitia's home. There she saw a familiar metal shard. It was undoubtedly a fragment of Soul Edge. Angered by her sister's panicked reaction to the fragment, Cassandra ran to the Hephaestus Shrine.

"Why are you doing this to my sister? How can you claim to be an almighty God? Answer me!" Cassandra screamed. Her voice reverberated throughout the desolate hallowed grounds. Cassandra collapsed on the floor, worn out from shouting. It was then that she saw the metal fragment resonating with the holy sword blessed by Hephaestus. She realized then that Soul Edge was still alive. But she could not allow her sister to carry the burden any longer. Around this time when light began to filter in from the eastern skies, the holy weapon disappeared from the temple.

Bio: Soulcalibur III​

Determined to destroy Soul Edge on her sister's behalf, Cassandra left home. Unfortunately, she didn't have any actual clues. She managed to make use of the fact that the fragment of Soul Edge that she possesed reacted to evil energy as she conducted a thorough search as she travelled from land to land. At first, she had been acting on determination rather than actual clues, but in a land east of Greece, on the other side of the Danube river, she encountered a powerful energy, greater than any she had ever felt before. What dwelled in this land surrounded by steep mountains and a deep ravine? As she struggled to walk these unfamiliar mountain paths, she came upon a city, steeped in evil energy. An evil presence swirled through the city. It's residents had gone insane.

"What's going on?" At first Cassandra was taken aback by the sight before her. The fragment she possesed reacted strongly to this city. Soul Edge was somehow involved. Cassandra couldn't abandon these people. She made up her mind to free the city and began to investigate the cause. "My sister was able to do it..... I can, too!" As she investigted, she discovered that a castle, rising up from the mountains, was the centre of the evil city. Things had been going smoothly until she came upon the castle. Then something unexpected occured. Cracks appeared in the holy sword and shiled taken from the temple of Hephaestus.

"What?" Cassandra felt deeply apprehensive. The people of the city chased her relentlessly. They seemed to be after the fragment that Cassandra carried. Without a proper weapon, there was nothing Cassandra could do. She had no choice but to flee the city. Cassandra managed to escape, but she felt completely helpless. She was not a warrior. She was inexperienced with the use of weapons. Although she remembered using them a bit roughly, she couldn't believe that the sword and shield made from the holy ore had been damaged. "Is this too much for me? Is my sister the only one that can do it?" These thoughts joined the uneasiness already in her heart, and her resolve began to waver. As she stared at her broken sword and shield, images of her sister and her niece and nephew flashed through her mind. Her sister smiled at her, as she led her children by the hand. "No... I can't give up." Cassandra shook her head and forced her hesitation aside.

"I must do it for my family!" When Cassandra shook her head, her eyes shone with determination. Perhaps even holy weapons could break when exposed to such evil energy, she mused. "Humph. I guess the power of the gods isn't so special after all." Convincing herself, she returned home. There would be other weapons in the temple, and she could even consult with her blacksmith brother-in-law, Rothion. Unexpected news was waiting for her, however. Sophitia was gone again. During Cassandra's journey, Sophitia had decided that it was her duty to destroy Soul Edge, and she had set out on her own will. "Damn you, Hephaestus! This is your fault!" Cassandra didn't even consider that her sister had decided on her own. "Please help her," Rothion begged, as he handed Cassandra a new sword and shield. If she destroyed the evil sword, she would definitely save the city that was infected as well. She had to help her sister. She would stand by her and support her. With the early dawn's soft light shining at her back, she set out with a pure purpose in her heart.

Bio: Soulcalibur IV​

Cassandra set out once again for the town she had visited before in Eastern Europe, hoping to find more clues that would lead her to Soul Edge, but as she hurried through the night, a man appeared before her. His eyes were stained red. She was reminded of the story she had heard about a swordsman who had led the mad townsfolk. "You have a piece of Soul Edge, don't you? I can feel it," the man said, and in an instant he was upon her. After a hard fight, she was able to finally land a blow on her assailant, but he only sneered at Cassandra and vanished. "So, woman. You can ward off evil, though not as strong as the Holy Stone. Interesting. I'll let you live for now." "You're going to run?! You coward!" A laugh echoed around her.

"I already have what I came for." Panicked, Cassandra searched her tunic but the fragment of the cursed sword was gone. Unerved at first, Cassandra pushed those unhelpful feelings down and headed for the town where she discovered some townslfolk still retained their sanity. In fact, they had been healed by a shining blue crystal. Could it be the Holy Stone the swordsman had mentioned? She set out to learn more, and then a rumour caught her attention. A man carrying a mass of crystal as tall as himself was on his way to Ostrheinsburg. If the crystal he bore had the power to smite evil, then that could only mean some evil presence lurked in the ruined castle there. Was it Soul Edge?! Cassandra decided to follow the man to Ostrheinsburg and find out.

Character Artwork​

Art: Soulcalibur II​

casSC2art1.jpg casSC2art2.jpg casSC2cg1.jpg casSC2cg2.jpg casSC2cg3.jpg casSC2cg4.jpg casSC2end1.jpg casSC2end2.jpg casSC2wp1.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur III (+UFS)​

casSC3art1.jpg casSC3art2.jpg casSC3art3.jpg casSC3cg1.jpg casSC3wep1.jpg casSC3wp1.jpg casSC3wp2.jpg casSC3wp3.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur IV (+BD)​

casSC4art1.jpg casSC4art2.jpg casSC4cg1.jpg casSC4wp1.jpg casSC4wp2.jpg

Art: Soulcalibur VI​

casSC6art1.jpg casSC6art2.png

Back