Cassie's Auto GI moves

ooberallen

[09] Warrior
I started a smiliar thread over at CF and I thought it'd be a good idea to post it here as well. I've summarized the replies I got, credit to Omnislash, Rable, and Syn1st3r.

236 - Auto-GIs high horizontals only, you can even Just Impact if you time it right. However, you don't get anything except a post-GI situation.

214 - Auto-GIs mids and special lows. The auto GI starts half way through the spin while she is facing backward.

FC 3B - Operates just like 66A+B:4 JF, even with flame-y sword goodness. And it works on ALL verticals and all vertical kicks. This move is an awesome way to kill Siegfried's ringout game; since you're pressing B it will break that stupid low throw that ringouts to his back and auto GIs his 1B.

4A+K - Auto-GIs horizontal highs, mids, and special lows. It won't work on horizontal lows like Cass 1A. 4A+K parries and returns with 45 unblockable dmg. The AGI attack from 4A+K is a sword twirl that can whiff.

4B+K - Auto-GIs vertical mids. It won't work on a vertical low like Cass FC 1B or a vertical high like Cass 6B or Astaroth's 66B. 4B+K parries and stuns for easy grounded dmg. Unlike 4A+K, Cassandra throws her shield so it won't whiff.

It is also really useful for interrupting some chains. For example, Kilik's AAB can very easily be interrupted by 4B+K after the second A. Just do 4B+K as soon as you can and you will have the GI every time. If you were not too close, you can follow up with 4BB:A. 4B+K does not ring out at all.

4AB - Auto Gi's mids and special lows does not auto GI kicks. Auto GI occurs between 4A and B when Cassandra holds her shield out front and kinda low, it has the same purple glow as her other auto GI moves. 4AB just creates a post GI situation and I think it just guarantees the B. I can't think of any thing else that could follow. Unlike her other auto GI moves this ones a little slower as it auto GI window occurs after the 4A finishes as she transitions into the slow B swing. I haven't really found a good use for this yet.

-Updated with 4AB.
-Updated with Rigel's info.

I just updated the post with 4AB. Not sure if my testing was thorough enough so if anyone wants to verify/correct me please do so.

For testing I picked Cass vs Cass and recorded the following actions: 2A (S-Low), 3BB (V Mid Mid), 3A (H Mid), WC 1B (V Low), and AA (H High High). Set playback and basically tried to land 4AB. The ones that I couldn't auto GI were AA and 1B, the rest I was able to auto GI and thats how I came to my conclusion. So like I said, feel free to verify or correct.

Pardon me, but I have to correct you, sir.

You have 4A+K and 4B+K somewhat mixed up.

4B+K is the shield throw on GI;
4A+K is the sword twirl that can whiff.

I think that's the only oopsie, though.

Argh, discovered last night against a spammer yoda that the auto-gi's from 4B+K and 4A+K both always whiff against him (though it is a cool looking whiff).

So when would be good times to use her aGIs?

Mainly, FC 3B, 4 A+K, and 4 B+K. Her angel step aGIs and 4 A,B don't seem anywhere near as useful. I assume they work like crushes, where you can use them to continue your offense while at a slight disadvantage by countering your opponents retaliation with the aGI?

So when would be good times to use her aGIs?

Mainly, FC 3B, 4 A+K, and 4 B+K. Her angel step aGIs and 4 A,B don't seem anywhere near as useful. I assume they work like crushes, where you can use them to continue your offense while at a slight disadvantage by countering your opponents retaliation with the aGI?

Well, as for times to use them, I find that:

FC 3B - This is generally good to toss out while already crouching. Seems to be particularly nice against nightmare/sieg or taki when they are trying to ring you out. Works well against kick-spamming taki's, your typical mitsu spammer, voldo when crawling around on all 4 (mantis stance i think that's called). This is probably the auto-gi that I land the most. Though if they toss out a mid, you're in trouble (unless its too high to hit you :) ) But if you are already standing, its too slow to get into and use. It can ring out too :)

4A+K - I find myself rarely using this one.

4B+K - You can sneak this in to interrupt some vertical strings to great effect. Mitsu comes to mind.

4AB - Kinda sucks for gi'ing, since the gi happens so late. Can work ok as an opening move. And I think a 236B hit is guaranteed if you hit someone with the B part (gi or not). Though the auto-gi can whiff, which is really annoying. But it works nice against anyone who tosses out lots of verticals (though timing 4B+K is probably better overall in that case).

236 - The 236 moves are great anyways, the aGI is an added bonus on top of that :) Though high horizontals only, really limits what this can be used against.

214 - I don't find that the aGI lands too often, but, being able to pull out an A, B, or K, or another dizzying 214 is always nice, keeps them guessing. Covers a wide range of moves which is nice.

All in all, I find that FC 3B is the most useful. Since if you are crouching and using this, you either duck most or gi most attacks (course spamming it is bad). After that, I'd say 4B+K and 214 are the most usefull.

236 can also auto-gi high verticals in addition to high horizontals. It works on Cassandra's 6B high poke for example. Dunno if it applies to all high verticals though.

The info for 4AB is wrong, it auto-gi's highs as well as mids. I was able to auto-gi Cassandra's 6B and AA with it which are both high.

As for a follow-up, 236B seems to be guaranteed, given they are at the proper range when you impact them.

The info for 4AB is wrong, it auto-gi's highs as well as mids. I was able to auto-gi Cassandra's 6B and AA with it which are both high.

As for a follow-up, 236B seems to be guaranteed, given they are at the proper range when you impact them.

I thought 4BB:A was the most powerful follow-up? I never use this move so maybe I'm wrong.

As an addendum to add for the Auto-GI frame windows:

FC 3B is an i18 move. The aGI window starts on the 10th frame and ends on the 17th frame. Impacts on the 10th frame count as a JI.

4A+K is an i22 move. The aGI window starts on the 6th frame and ends on the 11th frame. Impacts on the 6th frame count as a JI.

4B+K is an i17 move. The aGI window starts on the 6th frame and ends on the 11th frame. Impacts on the 6th frame count as a JI.

*Just wanted to add a note to clarify that the ending frame will still aGI. So FC 3B has an 8 frame total aGI window while 4A+K and 4B+K only have 6.

Two other additions for aGI windows: a single Angel Step and a single Angel Twirl (without canceling either)

236 - The aGI window starts on the 4th frame and ends on the 14th frame. Impacts on the 4th frame count as a JI. Appears to aGI all High's (will not work vs Special Lows - untested vs Special Mids). Can aJI throws.

214 - The aGI window starts on the 20th frame and ends on the 27th frame. Impacts on the 20th frame count as a JI. Appears to aGI all Mid's and Special Lows. Untested whether an aGI guarantees any Angel Twirl followups (although my guess would be that it would guarantee A, AB, B, and ).

214 - The aGI window starts on the 20th frame and ends on the 27th frame. Impacts on the 20th frame count as a JI. Appears to aGI all Mid's and Special Lows. Untested whether an aGI guarantees any Angel Twirl followups (although my guess would be that it would guarantee A, AB, B, and ).

Unless my opponents were too stunned by the awesome twirling GI, B and are guaranteed from my experience.

Unless my opponents were too stunned by the awesome twirling GI, B and are guaranteed from my experience.

The guard impact can be reguard impacted. Or maybe it is the actual attack I don't remember, but it is not guaranteed.

Edit-The attack can be guard impacted.

the auto-gi is something new for me to work on, thank you, i'll see what i've learned before the online tournament, wish me luck

Never had this happen to me ever before, I had my 4B+K auto-gi re-ji'ed back at me, it was on the 3rd B of nightmare's BBB, so maybe it was the slightly longer distance involved. I always thought that auto-gi was guaranteed damage (I guess the unblockable isn't just meaningless flash then).

Back