CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Results

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships were this weekend! We were also fortunate enough to have Katsuhiro Harada, fighting game directory of Namco Bandai in the audience. Harada-san presented the top 3 with a medal to wear around their neck, and also a Hori joystick. CEO 2012 is already in the works and SC5 is guaranteed to be on the docket!
  • 1st - RTD (The Apprentice)
  • 2nd - Suirad (Sophitia, Astaroth)
  • 3rd - Enkindu (Voldo)
  • 4th - LuigiPR (Voldo)
  • 5th - Death In My Eyes (Nightmare)
  • 5th - Killa6 (Setsuka)
First and foremost, thank you to Alex Jebailey for allowing us the honor of running a SC4 event at CEO. The level of competition that showed up was by far the best Florida has ever experienced.

Link to the Final Top 4 stream replay
SC4 Pre-Match Hype MammothMan Vs DIME
SC4 Pre-Match Hype Gharabad the Weak Vs DIME
SC4 Casual Laswagga Vs Suirad
SC4 Tourney RTD (App) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM)?
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs Longshot (Sophie)
SC4 Tourney AlpazarBPM (Sieg) Vs TheDandyCage (Maxi)
SC4 Tourney Killa6 (Sets) Vs ShadowZero (Cass)
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Blackstar (Xiang)
SC4 Tourney Dr Hat (Sophie/Maxi) Vs MammothMan (NM)
SC4 Tourney RTD (Apprentice) Vs BrianKun (Yun)?
SC4 Tourney MammothMan (NM) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM) - Cam dies here but DIME wins.?
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Yimaxi (Mitsu)
SC4 Tourney RTD (App) Vs DeathInMyEyes (Nightmare)
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs LuigiPR (Voldo)
SC4 Tourney Suirad (Sophie) Vs Mr Cox (Kilik)
SC4 Tourney Gharabad The Weak (Voldo) Vs DeathInMyEyes (NM)?
SC4 Tourney IceColdEdge (Sieg) Vs Longshot (Sophie)?
SC4 Tourney LuigiPR (Voldo) Vs TheDandyCage (maxi)
SC4 Tourney Killa6 (Setsuka) Vs Suirad (Sophie)?
SC4 Tourney Enkindu (Voldo) Vs Suirad (Astaroth) - Winners Semis

I've got 28 videos that I'm going to be uploading later today after I get some well needed sleep. I think I slept a total of 6 hours this weekend.

I just watched the replay of the stream and I have to say ROFLMAO @ "that screaming lady is annoying" /becky we were so hype. I'm so glad you were able to make it to watch the finals with us. It definately wouldn't have been that hype without you.

When Sp00ky shut off the stream, Harada was putting medals on the top 3 and giving them a joystick. 3rd place got a PS3 Hori wireless stick, 2nd place got a Hori HRAP v3, and 1st place got a VLX stick. I'm so envious. I want one of those!

Can't hate on sp00ky for not commentating well in Calibur. It wouldn't have even been there if it weren't for myself, and Crimson so I'm satisfied with the way it turned out. I thought sp00ky did a good job commentating after Suirad gave him a little bit of the character mechanics. WE MADE THAT SHIT SO HYPE lol. I wish there were more of these so I could get back into it again but with virtually no local offline scene I think this will be the last SC4 tourney my watered down self will compete in.

DIME, you are a true friend. I can't wait to see the damage you'll do in SC5 when it comes out. If you do decide to drive to DEV I wish you the best of luck and you'll no doubt impress everyone with your skills. You're so good at adapting and executing and punishing on reaction.
I really hope Crimson is ok. I haven't heard anything from him since Friday night.

Shoutouts to Robert for not being intimidated by Becky's good lucks and challanging her to a match for her phone number and WINNING. You are too godlike for only being 16 years old. Play SC5 when it comes out. You are pretty good at 4 despite what you think. YOU BEAT BECKY AND GOT HER PHONE NUMBER. I hope you're trying to call her right this second.

Roy, you are such a cool guy I wish I lived in A-Dale so we could chill more. I wonder if DIME knows how lucky he is to have great friends like you, Rob, and Kitz. If he doesn't, I'll have to remind him next time I see him. Take care, friend! Send me a friend request on XBL!

Kitz, you are such a fucking troll! I couldn't help laughing at you. I'm supposed to be mature about stuff because I'm an adult, but damn if you're not a funny motherfucker. Trolling online with the 2bar hotel connection while you talked shit to the people we were playing through the headset was too much fun.
Thank you DIME, Robert, Roy, and Kitz for allowing me the great pleasure of staying with you this weekend. I hope I wasn't too much of a pain.

LuigiPR, Luis, it was really good to see you again. We haven't really hung out since we use to play SC3 and SC2 in those days. Could you imagine the damage we'd have donein the tourney if we had been practicing like we use to? Good games repping that Voldo. Hope to see you again soon, but we can always talk on Windows Live or something.
The Dandy Cage, I'm not sure if you'll read this, but I did tell you about this website so hopefully you'll follow through and check it out. Anywho, it was nice meeting you. Repping Maxi is an uphill battle in SC4 and you did some really good stuff with him. I hope to see you again in the future.

IceColdEdge, I haven't seen you in years! Thank you so much for coming out and joining the Calibur tourney. You were all over peoples radar when we found out you were coming. You're in the same boat I am though. You love the game, but don't really have anyone to play with so your skills diminish. I know you could've done better than this so I hope nobody holds these results against you.

RTD, ahhhhhh, why are you so solid? I know Apprentice has alot fo unsafe stuff, but come on! SO MANY BB's lol. I had almost gotten my timing back for GI'ing by the time our match was over. Wish our scene had someone like you to play with on a regular basis. I know we'd get much better from it. Congrats on winning the tourney. Thank you so much for coming out. I hope it was worth it for you.

MammothMan, I hope you had a great time. Thank you so much for coming out. I wish you were able to come back and watch the finals with us. IT WAS SO HYPE (see replay link). It's people like you that make playing the game fun. I hope we see you again sometime. Take care, brother.

Aceunlimited, nice meeting you. It was so funny when I recognised your name from playing you on PS3 those random times. You're a cool guy. Thank you for joining the tournament.

Yimaxi, hardcore to the core. I have the utmost respect for your dedication to the series. I've known you since SC2 and you were always a very solid player. I wish we were able to play more together as I think it would have helped us both to improve.

Suirad, you're my nemesis. Thank you for keeping me humble. You're a great player and I have enjoyed watching you progressively get better and better each time we meet. I wish you nothing but success in anything you do. My only wish is that you lived closer so we could play all of the time. Congrats on getting 2nd. You earned it!

Longshot, it was really nice to see you again. Last time I met you was at ATL regionals when those happened. You had the same problems alot of people had at the tourney, not practicing for a long time lol. Thank you very much for making the trip from NC to Florida. I hope you had a great time and have some great memories of this event. Hope to see you again.

25 signed up but a few of them were no shows. I think we had 21 total that competed.

OH! and thank you SO much to Alex Jebailey for allowing us to play Calibur at CEO. You are an amazing T.O. and I hope this even was a complete success for you.

Also thank you to Sp00ky for streaming us as well. It was great listening to you commentate for SoulCalibur.

Was so hype to see some SC4 streamed, I didn't know it was being played @ CEO. Commentary was serious business d^_^b

Congrats to all of you guys, it was an amazingly fun weekend! I hope Crimson is ok though, we never heard a peep from him after Friday.

I'm waiting to see some of the matches during the tournament besides the finals. We all had some amazing matches. Killa6 and Suirad was an intense as hell match!

Fifth place! One place below the finals. Gaaaaaaaah. Thanks, Suirad. I hate you.

Oh, man. I can honestly say CEO was the best weekend I ever had. I made some really good friends and just had a wonderful time in general. I hope it isn't the last SC major in Florida, and if it isn't, you better show up again, Enk.

This being my first major, I'm a noob to shout outs. So bare with me.

Enkindu: You're truly a great friend, one that I respect to the fullest. And you're an incredibly good player. You should have won the finals, despite what you think. I blame online. Thanks for everything, man. This weekend wouldn't have been nearly as great without you. And I blame you for putting me up against RTD the first match. Thanks a lot.

RTD: BB is broken. 'Nuff said. It sucks that you were my first tournament match, but I did hold my own against you in casuals after the finals. Whether you were letting me do that, I don't know. But I'm going to get you one day.

Suirad: I don't know what it is, but I just can't beat your Sophitia. I think you're just a much better player, and I've got a long road to travel before I get in your head. But I'll get there, just wait.

MammothMan: We had some pretty epic matches man. And thanks for making me $5 richer! Haha. I'll see you online (if I ever play online again), and the offline monthlies we can both attend. Looking forward to making you eat wall!

Yimaxi: Finally got my revenge against your maxi! Haha. You're a damn good player.

LuigiPR: Good job on making it to the finals. I wanted to play you, but never got to. Hell, I don't even think we talked. Haha, but you have a pretty good Voldo.

Rob, Roy, Kitz: Damn, guys. Thanks. We all had to chip in to make it through the weekend. But this weekend wouldn't even be possible without you. I'm glad we all had the opportunity to go to CEO and took it. Soul Calibur isn't just a game, its a way of life! Haha.

Everyone else that attended the tournament that I forgot: I had nothing but good games this weekend, and thank you all for it. I hope to see you at the next event (if there ever is one).

First and foremost, thanks to those who made the tournament possible. Getting to shake Harada's hand was bad ass.

Suirad, you're my nemesis. Thank you for keeping me humble. You're a great player and I have enjoyed watching you progressively get better and better each time we meet. I wish you nothing but success in anything you do. My only wish is that you lived closer so we could play all of the time. Congrats on getting 2nd. You earned it!
I'm gonna credit random crouch throw for evening the score between us, those tournaments before it where I got wrecked every time are not so far in the past to have left my memory. Also get some damn sleep!
P.S. Thanks for selling me that stick, it looks like it's gonna be able to make good use of it.

Thanks, Suirad. I hate you.
Enjoy that dollar. I'm coming back for it next tournament, with interest.
I hope it isn't the last SC major in Florida,
TO said he'd definitely invite us back to one of their events for V.
Suirad: I don't know what it is, but I just can't beat your Sophitia. I think you're just a much better player, and I've got a long road to travel before I get in your head. But I'll get there, just wait.
The more I see you play the more impressed and surprised I am at what you manage to implement. The two biggest things I think are working against you are knowledge of other characters/match-up and that you main nightmare(sorry to say).

RTD: Great to get to play you again under pressure. Your attitude and getting into character add some real soul to the community.

Killa6: You killed me man. That Setsuka was nerve wracking, not gonna lie I was just flat out lucky. Hilarious and a gentleman to boot(reminding me to punish Sets B+K mid-match), ladies you better watch out for dat Killa6!

LuigiPR: Pleasure to make your acquaintance. It's too bad you don't get to come out much, our scene could use more solid players like yourself.

Dave: Wish you were still in Gainesville, I feel like us not being able to practice any more is hurting us both.

Longshot: Thanks for making it all the way out to our neck of the woods. Keep reppin' Sophie, there just aren't enough us.

Mammoth: Nice 8wr cap. They just came out, you get it over-nighted or something?

Those guys who brought DIME: Ya'll a funny, patient bunch. Next time enter, if you can. One learns by doing after all...

Becky: Thanks for making room in your busy schedule to come and bring the decibels. No one will think SC ain't hype with you around.

And to everyone else who participated, if you're on/have joined this site thanks for coming out and I hope to see you again at other gatherings.

GGs everyone it was fun... Good seeing old and new faces as always...

Props to those who beat me... No excuses you were better this time. See you all in SC5. ;-)

- I.C.E.

i dont mean to take anything away from RTD, the dude beasts with whatever character he chooses, but can somebody remind me why apprentice isn't at least high-mid tier? its impossible for most characters to get any meaningful mixup going on him unless he has poor positioning repeatedly and loses his force meter from repeated grab attempts in the same round. As for the other way to apply pressure to him (via gauge), he has pretty good step and really painful whiff punishment.

anyway, well played RTD, you did a pretty good job staying out of range of anything that threatened your BB/single B -> step pseudo mixup. Very solid play. Still love the costume too, lol.

Great job to everyone else too. Hope you all stick around for Sc5.

Probably have no idea who I was but me and my brother were there. We signed up for MK, SF, and SC, with SC being our least involved game by far. I played SC2 a decent bit but never tried to compete at it, same with SC3-4 just played with few local friends and what not so me and my brother entering was just for shit and giggles. My brother literally played the game maybe 4 times for a total of like 10 mins a session haha. What is funny is that we became disinterested in MK and SF after playing the SC tourny and were very interested in SC finals, so you have successfully recruited 2 more people for this community!
Cant wait for SC5 to start actually getting good at this ha, thanks for the games.

Congratulations to everyone who made the top players!!!!! I'm so elated for you guys. Keep up the good work. :D

Live streams

12 Viewers
izayagenesis
izayagenesis
237 They would call us heroes
6 Viewers
DummyMan__
DummyMan__
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Walk Through Pt.2
1 Viewers
xomegathedeityx
xomegathedeityx