CEO 2018 Siegfried Brain Dump

Thread starter #1
Like the @Linkrkc did, I took a few notes and I thought I'd share them along with the move list. I think I'll do the notes first, then combos, then move list, in that order.

General Notes:
Sieg's standing B is his old B6; New B6 is a mid hilt strike that crumble stuns on CH for a combo (new B6 is unsafe)
Sieg seems to revolve around being annoying with B, B and agA at mid range.
With B, B being a NCC, it is an excellent mid range interrupt tool. On CH, it knocks down, rings out, and wall splats.
Downsides to B, B: Linear and can step the 2nd B if you are using it blindly. Also unsafe but with push back. Think A, A but not B, B punish. X can punish B, B with super
3(B) -> SCH K, B is a natural hit combo with nice oki. If they like to mash off the ground, another 3(B) will CH (not tested vs all characters obviously but seems to be true)
3(B) -> SCH K, K also works, will ring out to the left. slightly less damage. (oki off of this still needs to be explored vs SCH K, B ender)
SCH A+B from SC4 is back! <3 3(B) -> SCH A+B is your CH combo.
the new low 1(K) -> SCH K is uninterruptible; and both SCH K, K and SCH K, B are NCC
new low sweep 22(K) -> SBH K seems uninterruptible but unsure
SCH A, A (new high low string) is NC
Soul Charge 66K, B is NCC; SC 66K, B -> SCH A+B is massive damage and rings out from galaxies away. 2nd hit of 66KB can be stepped to the left.
6B is the old 11B, and I think they moved the command because they are trying to get us to use it more.
6B is Siegs most reliable tech crouch move
The 6B trailer combo (6(B) -> SCH K(K) -> SCH A[A] -> SRSH A+B) is in. It hurts, and I found myself hitting with this a lot more than I thought.

Combos:
CH B, B
NH 3(B) -> SCH K, B
NH 3(B) -> SCH K, K
SC NH 3(B) -> SCH K, A+B -> a:(B) -> SBH K (trailer combo; must get jf a:B)
CH B6 -> a:(B) -> SBH K (Not for certain but I don't think you need jf on this one)
CH 3(B) -> SCH A+B
CH 3(B) -> SCH B
CH 6(B) -> SCH K,(K) -> SCH A,[A] -> SRSH A+B
CH 6(B) -> SCH K,(B) -> SBH K
SC CH 6(B) -> SCH K, A+B -> a:(B) -> SBH K (untested, but I think this will work)
backwards flapjack, BT 2K
(With back to wall) backwards flapjack, G, 6(B) -> SCH K,(K) -> SCH A,[A] -> SRSH A+B
(With back to wall) backwards flapjack, G, 6(B) -> SCH K,(B) -> SBH K
(With back to wall) SC backwards flapjack, G, 6(B) -> SCH K, A+B -> a:(B) -> SBH K (untested, but I think this will work)
CH 66KK (2nd hit is high, and you can't CH confirm)
SC CH 66K(B) -> SCH A+B <3
44(B) -> SBH B (also tech traps)
SBH B -> 66A+B -> 66B (trailer combo, but someone got out of this (?))
CH 6A, A
SRSH (K) -> SRSH A+B
SRSH B -> 66B
SRSH B -> 66A+B (?? somebody got out of this but I may have been slow)
SCH A, A
SCH (B) (full charge) -> a:(B) -> SBH K (untested but I think this will work)
SCH B -> 3B
SCH B -> a:B (untested; unsure if it will work but might)
SSH BBB

Thread starter #2
Move List
A same (A) goes to SSH; SSH K is interruptible after (A) is blocked
AA
AAA 3rd hit animation kinda looks like SCH A+B
3A same
2A same
1A same
4A -> old 6A
6A -> SC4 4A
22A = SC5 22A
66/33/99A = SC5 66A
11/44/77A same

B
B -> old B6
BB -> 2nd hit is old 6B
aB = new move from trailer has jf version a:B
bgB = old 6B
6B -> old 11B
3B same
2B same
1B -> old 2A+B
4B -> old 1B
7/8/9B while landing launching mid (B) transitions to SCH
33/99 B same
11/77 B ?? (I don't remember)
22 B -> old BB series
44B same

K
K same
3K same
2K -> old 1K
1(K) new low that can go to SCH
4K (old 22K series, no 22kaA)
7/8/9 K jumping low
33/99 K same (no knockdown?)
22K = new low sweep can go to SBH
11/44/77 K = drop kick
66K shoulder but no knockdown on CH and no tech crouch
66KK follow-up is high and is NCC

A+B
A+B = new Break attack move that goes into SSH
6A+B = Parry (goon hand)
66A+B = 2 hit spike move from trailer after SBH B

SCH
A same
[A] same
AA high low that trips (NC)
B not adv but chargeable again; full charge is break attack launcher
K same
KK mid high 2nd hit tracks (NCC)
KB mid mid NCC knockdown
A+B = SC4 A+B

SBH
A same
B same
K same but hits grounded also
A+B jumping low from SC3 and 4; g cancelable to SRSH

SRSH
A same
B hilt strike
K same but goes (K) goes back into SRSH instead of SBH
A+B same as SC4

SSH
A same
B same but pops into air in certain situations; has BB followup
K same
A+B same from SC4

Soul Charge
66K(B)
SCH K, A+B
SBH K
There's probably more but that's all I found
I was told that stance transitions are faster in SC but I didn't test... I swear I thought SCH A+B came out faster in SC

"Rage"
6A+B Soul Wave: True mid, major plus on block, armor, break attack, does tons of chip, pops grounded and airborne opponents into the air, and hits from half screen or maybe a little more; can only use once

The 6A+B goon hand parry when not in rage can give you rage without being down on life if you do it enough. I wonder if you can just do it a bunch between rounds and it adds to the count. I'm not so certain that it's random.

- I.C.E.

Last edited:

Sacharja

[12] Conqueror
aB not being safe on block is a major disappointment. Could have been excellent for oki. It was super spammable back when it was Strife 6B in SC3. :(

Still, thanks for going out there and putting in the time, @IceColdEdge . It is appreciated.

hellbottom

それであなたがたは,主の恩恵のどれを嘘と言うのか。
Why no aga breakdown? it's his most important move. changes, attributes..etc

Is A,2A,A out? What about B,B,B_K from SC1? I'd prefer this mixup strings to the new B,B.
You're crazy, the new BB is amazing. It's old b6 followed by old 6B, NCC. Old SCIV/SCV B string is still somewhat represented in his new 2BBB. The third hit is a break attack with a small gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit, possibly making it safe against RE.
aB not being safe on block is a major disappointment. Could have been excellent for oki. It was super spammable back when it was Strife 6B in SC3. :(

Still, thanks for going out there and putting in the time, @IceColdEdge . It is appreciated.
a:B still seems like a good fast punisher, something Sieg lacked. @IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?

Thread starter #18
@IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?
I *think* it will... I actually don't know for sure because I didn't realize that it hit grounded until the last day of CEO.

I was only using it as an ender in this combo:

CH B6 -> a:(B) -> SBH K

Also, I agree that a:B will be useful as a mid punisher where 3B is too slow. As an aside 3B feels slower and like it doesn't tech crouch as well.

- I.C.E.

Sacharja

[12] Conqueror
You're crazy, the new BB is amazing. It's old b6 followed by old 6B, NCC. Old SCIV/SCV B string is still somewhat represented in his new 2BBB. The third hit is a break attack with a small gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit, possibly making it safe against RE.

a:B still seems like a good fast punisher, something Sieg lacked. @IceColdEdge does it combo into SBH K on NH?
Eh, I wouldn't go so far to say it's amazing yet. The 2nd hit is unsafe, how much has yet to be confirmed. And given the gap between the two hits, quite possibly also stepable on block, and it doesn't look like it's hit-confirmable.

But yeah... it'll definitely have a place in his toolset, if only for the fact that you could always just B if you want to play more conservatively with it. I'll take it.

As for a:B. Its speed hasn't yet been confirmed. Strife 6B was i19-20 if I recall correctly. It does look faster as a:B, but how much is uncertain. Here's hoping they made it i16. I doubt it's faster than that though (B6 and B should have the same speed unless they changed it from past games).

Btw @IceColdEdge

Can you confirm that 66B has no stance transition? I'm asking because Night's 22_88B goes into NLS now, apparently with excellent block frames.

Last edited: