Cervantes B+G, B JF Throw

babalook

[10] Knight
ok so ive gotten iDGR and iTP down and the only move of his i can't seem to get consistently is this grab is there any tips or signs to look for during the animation that could help

that the throw where he throw his opponent in the air? but, to optimize damage, i think 8B+K is the best *if im not mistaking, its the move where he fly up and twisting*

There are 2 timings in that throw, one that lets you hit the spin (TS) after the igdr and one that makes TS miss.
There are no sighns to give away the timing but its not so hard to get the JF down for the iGDR motion, you hit it when the opponent has fallen more than half way down.
Now how to make TS hit and not miss is a total different matter, this throw is too inconsistent for me, I prefer to do: B+K or just K after the throw and not the JF.

Yeah there aren't any Cervy players that use this JF right now, I don't think. Opt for the B+K for damage or K into mixups. The K is especially good with their back to the ring, since you can get away with B grabs while they're breaking A. After the K followup, they'll be right there against the edge again, with you in a position to mix up, so long as you can stop them from side rolling.

i can do this move with about a 30% chance of getting it of now but still there dosnt seem to be much point in useing it cause i think it only does about 65 damage and isnt really worth it cause if you mess up your left with about 10 dmg

aye does anyone know why 8A+K dosnt hit after iDGR somtimes and how to get it garanteed

oh sorry i was thinking of 22a but also that combo is what im talking about after 22b 8A+B isnt always garenteed

What exactly is the timing to pull this off!? I've literally spent over 16hrs doing nothing but this in training and only got it to work once!

Lol, only once in 16 hours? :)

You have to do it very late, thats all i can say. This JF is the biggest piece of shit Cervantes has. It is not worth to train it at all. First of all even if you HIT the JF sometimes the second part whiffs. Then if you fail you you dont get anything. Against some chars like Nightmare it doesnt work at all....

Dont waste your time with this move, its just bad designed, really bugged.

Lol, only once in 16 hours? :)

You have to do it very late, thats all i can say. This JF is the biggest piece of shit Cervantes has. It is not worth to train it at all. First of all even if you HIT the JF sometimes the second part whiffs. Then if you fail you you dont get anything. Against some chars like Nightmare it doesnt work at all....

Dont waste your time with this move, its just bad designed, really bugged.
I still wanna learn it, I've done it once, I just need to know what movement to look for, for the B button press.

Well you will not be able to learn it since its really random. Its whiffing randomly, its different for every character.
There is not ONE timing, its different for some characters and even if you hit it will whiff.

There is no movement to look for, try to press B just before the opponent hits the floor. Really late. If you dont get it, just delay a bit more till you find the timing...

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Part of my problem in training could've been I was training using Nightmare as my dummy.

There's also this time when I did the timing correct but instead of iGDR he did regular GDR and there's a flash indicating I did it right. It whiffed completely as he trailed across the screen.

Theatrically speaking B+G:B JF may work on Amy and maybe Xianghua. I use B+G K and usually for other characters you hear a double kick on impact but for characters like Amy and Xianghua, you hear only one kick.

Ok so in lamens terms, I.E. not abbreviation iGDR and GDR are what? I understand the i is for impact, but GDR? If it's guard shouldn't it be GRD?

Back