Cervantes Force Blocks

babalook

[10] Knight
Aye so ive been messing around a bit and I think his 11B, which breaks SG in 8 blocks, may be a forced block (FB) after quite a few things. I haven’t tested them in depth yet but I believe here's a list of things I think it may be a FB after.

-2K ground hit
-A+G
-44B
-2B+K ground hit
-3B ground hit without it pushing really far
-after iGDR in a air combo without the 28B, ex. iGDR 22B 8A+K iGDR then 11B

I'll update when I find them true by putting a + next to them and ill add more as more are found.

this could be really useful for his CF game, i find his 6A+B:B does really good SG damage as well might actully make it more useable

well unfortunately the can roll to there right to escape it but 44K will be a force block there and i doubt anyone is going to know about this so you could really get her away with alot.

this could be really useful for his CF game, i find his 6A+B:B does really good SG damage as well might actully make it more useable

Moves that damage the SG but are punishable on block as 6a+b:b is are generally counter productive. It's a big reason Yun wasn't as good as originally thought, he has to eat real damage to deliver soul gauge damage. For a character with overall the weakest SG game as Cervy is, using unsafe moves to damage the soul gauge just doesn't add up.

6A+BB is a nice move, its very underrated. its +5 on Hit and totally safe for the first one and if you just do the first one the animation its kind of strange, quits very fast, so you can play some games with them. The second one is unsafe but has big pushback. Especially if you use 6A+B from far range, punishment is not a big deal unless you play Cass/Sophie or Nightmare/Siegs who a:ga you on reaction!

I need to test against which chars this move is safe, im almost sure chars like Mitsu, Yun, Taki cant do shit against it and if, just a stupid Kick.

Actually i played Kira on the weekend, a very good french Cervantes, one of the best i have seen so far. We had awesome mirrors and we kind of managed to get each other blinking red a couple of times! 11B, 1B, 8A+B:B+K, 44A...its not like we both are pros in playing against Cervantes, but it was hell of fun seeing 2 technically very solids Cervys, a pity it wasnt recorded!

And i think i have to use more 6B{B}, 6{B} etc. Crushes in 5 Hits or something, have to test it again. And they are safe! -12, -13 around. Maybe this is a good tool! i dont think anybody will step the charged ones on reaction, or better i hope not. The normal 6BB is -17, which is a bit too unsafe...

i dont have a massive back ground in cervanties (hes only my secondary charicter) but i seem to get people flashing red more often than my main (maxi)

anything that helps towards a CF or getting them worried about that possibility then its a bonus, they sould worry about your punishing anyway, so adding that would really keep people on egde.

And i think i have to use more 6B{B}, 6{B} etc. Crushes in 5 Hits or something, have to test it again. And they are safe! -12, -13 around. Maybe this is a good tool! i dont think anybody will step the charged ones on reaction, or better i hope not. The normal 6BB is -17, which is a bit too unsafe...

I use this against some players, others I know GI the second hit pretty consistently. Which not only gives them a huge advantage, but also swings the soul gauge back in the other direction anyway. But if they're not doing that, then yes it does decent gauge damage. 5 hits I think is pre patch though, pretty sure it takes closer to 7-8 now.

This was my whole issue with that patch anyway, in relation to the SG. I said early on they should have just tweaked individual moves, not overall soul gauge damage. Moves that didn't make sense to be crushing gauge as fast as they did like Amy 3b,a could get a SG nerf, while heavier moves like this one and Cervy 11b could retain their good SG damage. Instead they took the easy way out AGAIN and just nerfed it across the board.

Back