Cervantes General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Ha ok, that's this hahaha yeah I know this stuff. Back in 2004, japan expo, cuongster showed me how to do this with Mitsu
The mindgame was perfect...
He did WS 1BB guard crush into 66A+B:
1) U eat the 66A+B
or
2) U Gi the 66A+B and u eat the 3A_B+G

lol

Yep thats exactly how it works. Its not so easy but possible, Furzy did exact this setup yesterday when we played. I GI and bam JFC. But you can still break the throw!

Only with JFC Cervantes SC Guard crushes become really good imo, he is not the best in this regards but wakeup into SC Level 2 8A+B etc is quite good on wakeup. Such a pity he doesnt have a Level 1 guard crush.

Ah ok, thanks for the info, so ur testing the i, BS and HS of each move ?

Yeah I need to test out the I,GRD,HIT and CNT frames. But I have no base to work on right now. As in another character to compare the frames to.

EDIT: Looks Like talim has a complete set of frames. Ill use that to work the frames out for Cervy.

Last edited:
Yeah I need to test out the I,GRD,HIT and CNT frames. But I have no base to work on right now. As in another character to compare the frames to.

EDIT: Looks Like talim has a complete set of frames. Ill use that to work the frames out for Cervy.

You need a second person offline to test frames since there is no record function! Also clash system in this game makes FD a bit more complicated than in SC3,4,5....but rough numbers should be easy. Have fun :)

You need a second person offline to test frames since there is no record function! Also clash system in this game makes FD a bit more complicated than in SC3,4,5....but rough numbers should be easy. Have fun :)

Yup I just remembered there is no Record function. Well, f**k.
Still gonna try though.

Not everyone is Tharon Mortis.

Who is this Tharon Mortis? Kappa

We could test his main moves this evening quite fast....

3B, 2A=B, 22B, 1aB etc...maybe 15 moves in total. Should be fast.

That should be good. I dont have anyone in my house that plays soulcal other than yours truly, so I cant do impact frames. If you have a way to do it though, I can put them in for you once they are finished.

Last edited:
Oh yeah and he tested the frame data with one pad in the hand while playing with the stick, so that he could control both characters at the same time. He showed me how he did it once, that was some serious nerd-stuff going on.

Also for the moment i wont test any FD, we started yesterday to check a few moves but it was so boring we just decided to play instead.

Anyone remember the input for Cervys SC5 44aB in SC2? It was 4agb or some shit, or 44etc. Move is not in movelist and from one day to the other i forgot the input.
I tried SC2 not too long ago @ a friend's, boy am I damn rusty.

It's A~4~BB

I'm trying to figure out the execution for cervantes' BT A+B JF and having a hard time of it. The 3K and 4KK ones seem obvious in their execution. The BT A+B JF from 1A+B~G seems a bit more ambiguous and is 8A+B:BTA+B another one?

Does anyone have an approximate size on the JF window for 1A+B~G:BTA+B? OR another way they measure it, are there visual clues you look for when timing it? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

IF 8A+B:BTA+B is a move does the BT A+B occur during the start-up animation or after the landing?

Hi, there is a trick to do the 1A+B JF, thats the only BT setup you basically need.

You press 1A+B G and then [A+B]. You need to HOLD the input. You can delay it quite long, just cancel the 1A+B later. He is basically in BT all the time, there is no window. You only input the BT A+B wrong. Hold the input, thats it.

Then you can start varying the speed. Make sure after the G you input [A+B] fast. I think you can even keep holding G.

For 8A+B its different. The BT window is super late, when cervantes is half turned and in TC.

For 8A+B cancel i would see the use when peope try to GI from the ground when you Soul charge level 2 for the guardbreak. After the guardbreak you can buffer another move and use JFC, so people would like to avoid eating the SCL2 8A+B from the ground.

Otherwise 1A+B is superior in any way imo. No TC though. But good post GI etc if people dont use 2G.

Back