Cervantes General Discussion

GhostTear

[13] Hero
12_cervantes01.jpg

Last edited:
Soul Calibur 6 - Cervantes Battle Director Comment

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ibur-6-cervantes-battle-director-comment.html

"For this occasion, Cervantes gains the ability to 'kick off' from the wall in his newly added 'The Baron' stance. He can rebound off the wall leading to many different attack variations that he can use in battle. Ignoring attacking Cervantes from head on, the opponent now can't afford to drop their guard as the combat now involves many sided directions that Cervantes can attack from when he is engaged in an arena that has walls surrounding it."

I can see him having a break attack off the wall.

Soul Calibur 6 - Cervantes Battle Director Comment

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ibur-6-cervantes-battle-director-comment.html

"For this occasion, Cervantes gains the ability to 'kick off' from the wall in his newly added 'The Baron' stance. He can rebound off the wall leading to many different attack variations that he can use in battle. Ignoring attacking Cervantes from head on, the opponent now can't afford to drop their guard as the combat now involves many sided directions that Cervantes can attack from when he is engaged in an arena that has walls surrounding it."

I can see him having a break attack off the wall.
I hope this is more like a bonus, like for others that have good ring out potential. I dont want Cervantes to be wall stage depentend to be competitive.

Realy looking forward for Cervantes, he and Voldo were always my mains, kinda leaning more towards Cervantes so far.

I hope this is more like a bonus, like for others that have good ring out potential. I dont want Cervantes to be wall stage depentend to be competitive.

Realy looking forward for Cervantes, he and Voldo were always my mains, kinda leaning more towards Cervantes so far.

I doubt he will be wall dependent but its interesting to know he can jump off of walls and do various movies. Pretty being able to keep on offense no matter where you are.

Being able to turn a wall from a serious disadvantage and possibly flipping it on its head is really good. At best, this new stance can be an amazing boon. At worst, we simply avoid using it. We need to see some gameplay of this.

Surprising though that Cervantes gets something like this and not someone like Xianghua, Kilik or Voldo. Not complaints though.

Cervantes Move Analysis

A6(New Move)
AAA(Last 2 Hits are from Cervantes' 4aA from SCII)
aB
6AA
6A(A) ~ Dread Charge
6AB(Last 2 Hits were Cervantes' old 66A+B)
3A
2A_FC 2A(New Move)
1A(SCIV Version)
1aB
1aBB ~ Dread Charge
4A(SCIV Version)
WS A(SCIV Version)
JMP A
BT A
BT 2A

bA
bK
Soul Charge b(K)
BBB
Soul Charge BBBB
6BB
6(B)A+B(Last Hits Are Cervantes' WS A+B & 6A+B)
3B
Soul Charge 3BB
2B(SCIV Version)
1B(Was Cervantes' 22_88B fron SCIII & IV)
1(B)
4BBB(Last Hits are from Cervantes' SCV 1BB)
4BK
JMP B(SCIV Version)
WS B
WS (B) ~ Dread Charge
FC 2B
BT B
BT 2B

K
3K:B+K
2K_FC K
1K(Was Cervantes' SCV Dread Charge K)
Soul Charge 1KBB
4KK:B+K
WS K
BT K
BT 2K

A+B ~ Dread Charge(Was Cervantes' 8A+B)
6A+B(Was Cervantes' 6B+K)
2A+B
1A+B
1a+bG
4A+B ~ Dread Charge
8A+B(Was Cervantes' SCV 8B+K)
Soul Charge 8(A+B)
B+K
2B+K
2(B+K)
9B+K
9(B+K)
BT B+K

33_66_99A(Cervantes' 66A just with 33_99 inputs)
22_88AA
22_88AB
44A(SCIV Version)
44aBB
66B
Soul Charge 66(B)
33_99B
Soul Charge 33_99BB
22_88B
44B
33_66_99K
22_88K
11_77K
RUN K
44A+B
44(A+B)
33_66_99B+K
Soul Charge 33_66_99B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 33_66_99(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
22_88B+K
Soul Charge 22_88B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 22_88(B+K) ~ Dread Storm
11_44_77B+K
Soul Charge 11_44_77B+K ~ Dread Charge
Soul Charge 11_44_77(B+K) ~ Dread Storm

214 = Dread Charge
Dread Charge A(New Move)
Dread Charge B
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BA
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BB
Soul Charge Dread Charge 2_8BK
Dread Charge K(SCIV Version)
214:B = iGDR
Dread Charge A+B(Was Cervantes' SCIV Dread Charge B+K)
Dread Charge B+K
Dread Charge (B+K)

RE AA
RE (A)
RE AB
RE B
Soul Charge RE (B)
RE K

Cervantes little low slide returns, but no longer has the just frame components for additional attacks and damage. Instead, his Soul Charge form gains those extra attacks, and thankfully doesn’t require a Dread Charge to pull it off.

Further, much like Groh, Azwel and Kilik, Cervantes Soul Charge is of the transformation variety, gaining a tremendous amount of damage off Soul Charge moves and additions.

Further, much like Groh, Azwel and Kilik, Cervantes Soul Charge is of the transformation variety, gaining a tremendous amount of damage off Soul Charge moves and additions.
I think the "transformation" is only visual. Everyone gets more damage in soul charge, additional or changed moves.
But I could also be wrong

Has anyone played Cervantes? How dose he feel? From the videos it seems like some of his best moves are nerfed (3B, old 3A, IGDR). Did he get good new or buffed moves in return?
It seems that most of the characters have improved, but I don't see this in Cervantes so far.

Last edited:
3B is actually looking safe. 3A is from SC2, which was unsteppable. B2 combos off iGDR.

Originally I thought he was a very SC4 inspired design, but now, he's looking more like his SC2 self with some SC4 underpinnings mostly stemming from gunplay.

Ok some questions:
-8A+B sometimes glows like it's a just frame, what's up with that?
-B2 sometimes lethal hits on combos, I have not idea what the criteria could be, any ideas?
-lethal hit criteria in general for Cervantes
-his IGDR seems easy on its own from standing, but in combos, after a move its a different story. I haven't played Cervantes in 5, is there like an hidden cooldown or recover of the move you did before? So you have to time the 214 motion? Any inside would be awesome.

Buffering is practically gone at this point. No more iGDR buffers.

B2 lethals after 12 gun shots from his move pool.

Haven’t seen 8A+B changes yet. Will check again.

Overall, he’s really really good.

Edit he has an unlisted 70 damage throw from non sc state 236 a+g

I can't say, but pretty much everything is unsafe. 3A, 3B, 66A, WRA
At least 2A+B is safe, his damage is insane, and his combos are fun as Hell.
what is the general gameplan?

Last edited:
Buffering is practically gone at this point. No more iGDR buffers.

B2 lethals after 12 gun shots from his move pool.

Haven’t seen 8A+B changes yet. Will check again.

Edit he has an unlisted 70 damage throw from non sc state 236 a+g

Did you mean while in soul charge for the grab? That one is listed, but when not in soul charge I just get normal grab

One of his old throws, not curse of the ancient mariner, is unlisted, this is where he stabs the opponent with both swords lifts them from off the ground then pulls the two swords away from.

His other throws are still there but do standard damage.

A6 is so good.

All in all the battle guide suggests utilizing moves to bait attacks and the interrupt those with fast some faster attacks.

The training mode move list shows that it’s possible to get into Dread Storm even without walls, but this only looks possible through SC state.

Good God, the combos and damage output on this man are out of this world. This might be one of the best incarnations of Cervantes in the series' history.

Back