Cervantes General Discussion

A+B sure has problems outside of the GI game:

1. DC lacks a low option for a mixup game. Meaning that standing there will just beat all options and DC 6 is not enough to call it a mixup.
2. The followup DC options after block can easily be interrupted by quick moves.

But boy, is it not the best feeling getting that juicy lethal hit out of it into Tornado Swell?!

A+B high crushes at least. And inputting it as WR A+B still gets you that move. Strongest WR option unless you want to CE.

So what are some good ways to mix things up?

Also what’s the catch to 4B+K (the gun) after CE? I know you can roll away from it...

The question here is how to get Cervy closer to our opponent to use our mix up. What strategy will we use here ?

i know its probably not top level play. But after the CE push, i've been doing 88B+K 28bb

sporadic movement, and closes lots of distance with a frame advantage attack.

sorry. still getting used to talking 8wayrun speak again. is basically a dread charge where he flys away and then at the opponent.

I used your strategy too, but the problem is we have to have a least 1 soul charge bar. So maybe our main strategy will be build soulcharge meter by RE until we got 1 soul charge then begin apply pressure ?

A+B sure has problems outside of the GI game:

1. DC lacks a low option for a mixup game. Meaning that standing there will just beat all options and DC 6 is not enough to call it a mixup.
2. The followup DC options after block can easily be interrupted by quick moves.

But boy, is it not the best feeling getting that juicy lethal hit out of it into Tornado Swell?!

DC A and K are both plus on block, and K leaves you BT for a nice B+K counter hit if they press a button. It's not all bad.

saw in the framedata thet you're CE A+B+K is -18 but after testing its -16 can punish with my CE wich is i16 but not with 3B wich i18. how did you guys do the - on block? bc -18 is a i18 punish not i18 to block

That's not how it works.

At -18, that means that you need something FASTER than i18 to punish with. If you go with anything at i18 frames or above, then you're not able to punish an attack. Remember that it takes time to react to and input any counter for a punish, so the general rule is that you look for moves that can punish that are two frames faster than the attack. In this case, what you want to look for is an i16 punisher.

That's not how it works.

At -18, that means that you need something FASTER than i18 to punish with. If you go with anything at i18 frames or above, then you're not able to punish an attack. Remember that it takes time to react to and input any counter for a punish, so the general rule is that you look for moves that can punish that are two frames faster than the attack. In this case, what you want to look for is an i16 punisher.

its -16 and you can block on i17

8zpG5jL.png

with proof Tira 5B is i16

EiXmR0n.png

DC A and K are both plus on block, and K leaves you BT for a nice B+K counter hit if they press a button. It's not all bad.

True, they are both safe, but one is high and the other has a wonky hitbox that gets messy in some certain distances and angles.

Ultimately, all three options can be beat after A+B which was my initial point.

I noticed he doesn't have one right in the beginning but he might got one but first needs to be unlocked. I'd guess you could have to play Ivy's first in order to unlock his. I might be wrong though.

iGDR is not programmed to have the bad input from crouch. This can be tricked into combos by holding 2 in an airgunshot buffer before your iGDR input. You will get HiGDR 100% of the time with this trick.

Furthermore, here's some moves that are 100% safe to RE (aka you can step after they have been parried).
*NM and Raph track certain moves on this list better*
A/AA
a6
8A
6A
kA
B/BB
2B
b2
bK
K
B+K
22K (step the direction you stepped post move)
44A+B lines up really well with REs in general frame wise.

Test these on the characters in your meta. He has one of the only safe to RE AAs in the entire game. (Jolly Tira and Raph being the other two).

iGDR is not programmed to have the bad input from crouch. This can be tricked into combos by holding 2 in an airgunshot buffer before your iGDR input. You will get ....

I agree that Cervy moves now safer but Bamco also takes away his approach plus frame 4b be so you have to work and block a lot to get close. Cervy also lacks of plus frame normal moves or break attack move to apply pressure.

Moreover his high damage combo aren't easy to do it requires iGDR or lethal hit to do. Until we figure out how to do the iGDR consistency, Cervy will still be struggling against long range characters

I agree that Cervy moves now safer but Bamco also take away his approach plus frame 4b be so you have to work and block a lot to get close. Cervy also lacks of plus frame normal moves or break attack move to apply pressure.

Moreover his high damage combo aren't easy to do it requires iGDR or lethal hit to do. Until we figure out how to do the iGDR consistency, Cervy will still be struggling against long range characters

I just told you how to get HiGDR 100% of the time...

As far + on block moves, you have 44K from range and DC K.

Also iGDR is really easy in this game even without any tricks
Hey thank mkl, Malec, by following your advices i was able to pull out 80% iGDR. Remarkable when i just try to do the fast input before i just get about 30%.

Last edited:
Back