Cervantes Glitches, Bugs etc

docvizzo

[14] Master
Since i hope the next patch will fix some of those annoying hitbox fuckups, lets write down the glitches etc you encounter, Videos would be perfect:

-4B BE whiffing magically against Voldo and Algol. This move just goes through the opponent, huge upset, wasted meter, open for punishment....etc maybe more chars, but for those two its just extreme.

-Camera angles on Walls sometimes cause an angle where no input at all will let you do a CE or your combo after a iGDR air hit etc.

- 11AA second hit whiffs a lot of times through opponents when first hit whiffs, again it just goes through the opponent.

-Alpha can block WS A+B second hit...can be seen in Belials Glitch video.

If you have more, please write down! NO Balance stuff please, just glitches.

I'm not sure but people able to block 3B/iGDR after BT B+K feels like a glitch to me. Unless it's not guaranteed on normal hit and we didn't know about it. Then they should have put that in the patch details.

DC K's anti-BehindMeYouFool was another, right?

[joke]Cervantes' damage output is a glitch[/joke]

DC K backwards shoot was like that in SC4 also...dont know if its worth to call glitch...

I'm not sure but people able to block 3B/iGDR after BT B+K feels like a glitch to me. Unless it's not guaranteed on normal hit and we didn't know about it. Then they should have put that in the patch details.

DC K's anti-BehindMeYouFool was another, right?

[joke]Cervantes' damage output is a glitch[/joke]

I tried but i absolutely cannot recreate the BT B+K situation....maybe char specific?

I've had that happen to me too. The opponent sometimes is able to block my 3B or igdr after BT B+K. Although, it might just be a timing error, since the window is pretty tight.

-This might not count as a glitch, but sometimes the camera switches sides after you land CE. This happened to me once when I was going for 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, CE, 9B+K, and the sudden switch resulted in me pressing 7B+K instead and getting gunshot.

This camera switch happens once out of maybe 20-30 tries. Again, probably not a glitch, but annoying regardless. I want consistency from my moves, not dramatic camera movements.

-iGDR x2 sometimes leaving you back-turned, preventing you from doing the normal followups (namely 2A+B). This is annoying because there's no apparent means of controlling when this happens; it's just a by-product of the fact that any move that might leave you off-axis leads to random stuff in Namco games.

This can also happen when iGDR is used after 4B BE, DC B, or 6B BE.

Camera switches happen all the time like this on walls, try ch 2A+B into iGDR on a wall, camera switches in a way you wont be able to input CE at all..

also iGDR BT happens to me every second combo...i just try to Guard into 2A+B, but yes it sucks,,,

DC K backwards shoot was like that in SC4 also...dont know if its worth to call glitch...

Well, considering it's impossible for a gunshot to travel the opposite way the gun is pointing and the fact that the gunshot's sound is sometimes missing I say it's a good candidate for a glitch.

I tried but i absolutely cannot recreate the BT B+K situation....maybe char specific?

Maybe. At this time anything could prove true. I'll try to figure the cause in the next days. At first I thought it had to do with only one sword hitting but that doesn't seem to be the case. For now it looks totally random.

I've had that happen to me too. The opponent sometimes is able to block my 3B or igdr after BT B+K. Although, it might just be a timing error, since the window is pretty tight.

I really don't think it's a timing error as BT B+K is +frames on hit so that should give you more than enough time to land either 3B or iGDR, the timing is not strict. I really think it's a random bug as you can clearly see the opponent blocking soon after BT B+K hits which for me looks quite glitchy.

Well, considering it's impossible for a gunshot to travel the opposite way the gun is pointing and the fact that the gunshot's sound is sometimes missing I say it's a good candidate for a glitch.

Lol yeah makes sense :) But worth a patch...hmm. Imagine a game ending like that, mad hype.

:)

I think 4B BE also goes through other characters. I recall going through Nightmare, Ivy and maybe Lizardman.

ok so most of you probably saw my other thread...it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, though, so i figure i'll try asking here.

i was playing a guy with like a half dozen CAS characters and every one of them was 100% immune to bt b+k~3b. he completely shut down the bt mixup by ducking, eating the b+k for lol damage like 10 or 12 or whatever it is, and then blocking the launcher. here is an upload of our last match before we stopped playing...iirc he does it twice;

yeah, i know i'm terrible. yeah, i know that spamming bbb is uber scrubby even if they never punish me for it ever. yeah, i know that doing left and right GDR to troll is bad. yeah yeah yeah yeah.

i don't care. i only care about learning how to make a CAS that can get out of guaranteed bullshit. does anyone know how this is done? there is noooooooooooo way that i'm gonna waste time testing out shit with CAS. i'm REALLY hoping that someone else has already done this horrid dirty work.

thx in advance.

Interesting. We always wondered why this happens, very rarely it happens against regular chars, but we have never been able to recreate this. Seemed like an inconsistent glitch. So you wont find any help here for now unless somebody checks all hitboxes now. Another reason why cas should be banned, lol.

Also it was a bit painful to watch that :) You can 4B BE Astas 1AA fyi. Way bigger range than iGDR.

6b+k, while rarely working, is far more awesome :)

i miss the good old days when i could just jump over garbage like that without watching my character stand there, do nothing, and eating the low until i rage the fuck out.

yeah i'd seen it randomly...this guy had a whole slew of lame CAS characters, all of whom were completely immune to it. he probably didn't even mean to do it. i will not stop my search until i can make a Cervantes CAS named Cervantes that looks like Cervantes and gives me a broken advantage in all online mirror match challenges.

Geezzz Lobo BBB is so scrubby.... jk dude. Ive had this happen to me a few times and always chalked it up to input error. Ill keep a lookout for this glitch when im playing cervy.

Back