Cervantes Match Vids

franman

[13] Hero
Post any match vids for comments & critiques or for just pure entertainment.

Here's a match vid featuring KDZ's Cervantes against two different Viola players.

California is the magical land of Pirate-love. Too bad everyone's terrible with him but me. ;) Do we know if there was any Cervantes representation whatsoever at WB?

California is the magical land of Pirate-love. Too bad everyone's terrible with him but me. ;) Do we know if there was any Cervantes representation whatsoever at WB?

My friend Valei said he beat some Cervy scrub at WB during casuals, but that's about it. I didn't see any on stream. So for our purposes, no Cervy players at WB.

Cervy players made it through SC4 without having half their unsafe shit punished, because everyone else just thinks they're fine as long as they punish iGDR. Wonder if that'll continue in SC5? I don't think I've EVER had 66B punished for as long as I've been a Cervy player, not even by Greeks. That's pretty sad.

People in socal will learn how to punish cervantes properly, if they dont they will continue to be free to him.

My friend Valei said he beat some Cervy scrub at WB during casuals, but that's about it. I didn't see any on stream. So for our purposes, no Cervy players at WB.

Cervy players made it through SC4 without having half their unsafe shit punished, because everyone else just thinks they're fine as long as they punish iGDR. Wonder if that'll continue in SC5? I don't think I've EVER had 66B punished for as long as I've been a Cervy player, not even by Greeks. That's pretty sad.

That's because there weren't any Cervantes players that proved themselves to be a threat, so nobody studied the character. You can afford to do that when the high level community consists of 20 people.

That's because there weren't any Cervantes players that proved themselves to be a threat, so nobody studied the character. You can afford to do that when the high level community consists of 20 people.

I'm talkin all the way back to SC2 though, haha. There was some unsafe shit that people just didn't punish, I guess because you can just step G all day anyway, who needs to be solid? I was a scrub back then though, so I wasn't really a factor anyway.

Played him some today, tourney tomorrow but I can't see myself using him. I just hate LIFE when I miss iGDR, it puts me in such a bad mood. Rather just roll with Raph and not have to worry about just frames, even though Cervy's a stronger character.

I've never had 66B punished either, but I always space it well because I normally only use it to zone during footsies. I only do it on wakeup versus scrubs that like to press buttons. Assuming it's spaced well I can't imagine anything having the speed to punish it at that range.

Are there any other cervantes vids people can post? I cant find many videos of good cervante

Outside of the SoCal weeklies, there haven't been many lol. Hates was at Final Round but didn't make it onto the stream afaik, that would have been a chance to see a good Cervy player. I don't really play him anymore, which almost rules out the entire east coast since for some odd reason nobody over here ever plays Cervy. Maybe people will jump on him eventually in this game, I dunno. Seems like people who are willing to invest the time in mastering JFs always just jump to Setsuka in SC4, which was totally justified, or to aPat in this game. I'm not so sure that there's NO reason to pick Cervy over Patsuka in this game though, whereas in SC4 the only reason to pick Cervy over Setsuka was absolute character loyalty.

But regardless, you're not playing the real character unless you've got iGDR down pat. And a lot of people, myself included now, aren't willing to put in those hours. If you're into that though, at least you know you're being rewarded with a really strong character now.

Back