Cervantes Match Vids

Your spacing and whiff punishing is pretty good, so is your iGDR inputs, however you tend to get a bit showy when finishing off the opponent, like at 5:55 You could've finished off your opponent and gone 2-2 with that B+G grab>CE or maybe 4B BE if he teched, but you did 44[A+B]? That was very odd.

However that Raph was pretty damn good aswell. These were some fun matches to watch so good one. Too bad I am EU and dont face-off people like that anymore.
PSN EU is full of good sc5 players

Your spacing and whiff punishing is pretty good, so is your iGDR inputs, however you tend to get a bit showy when finishing off the opponent, like at 5:55 You could've finished off your opponent and gone 2-2 with that B+G grab>CE or maybe 4B BE if he teched, but you did 44[A+B]? That was very odd.
However that Raph was pretty damn good aswell. These were some fun matches to watch so good one. Too bad I am EU and dont face-off people like that anymore.

I didn't feel I was gonna kill him with 4B BE and wanted all my meter for the next rounds, but you are right, it was a bad idea indeed.

Ah I c. Well I just now joined. Love Cervy. Ima upload some matches and I hope to get some feedback from pros as yourselves

Sure. Also, don't forget to check the other threads in this arena for important information regarding Cervantes. You will find lot's of useful tips and data.

Lastly, if you can't find what you are looking for then there's the FAQ thread where you can ask for specific stuff. Welcome to 8wayrun and hope your stay is one full of enjoyment. See you around. :)

Thank you! Didn't know there was a whole website just for SC. This is great stuff! Hope we keep this up!

My current console died a few days ago. I'll be trying to fix it in the next days but in the meantime I'll borrow one and upload some Cervantes vids, etc. It's not guaranteed but I'll try to make it happen. Take care, guys.

I'm quite new as Cervy. I usually don't fare well with high execution characters. Here are a few videos. I'd appreciate tips :)

Hey welcome to the Cervatnes SA :) Well I can give you a few tips.

First of all you are not properly playing Cervantes and your opponents where mostly not playing properly either, here is a basic way to play him.

You should space your opponent with 2A and whiff punish with 3B, which can lead to devastating combos.
You should use aB to punish your opponent.
You should use 1A:B for step killing and great for grab mixups.
4B BE is an amazing brave edge that can lead to 100+ with almost zero risk. It provides also great mixups since you are BT and at advantage after the move.

I suggest that you watch a few vids on this thread and look around the forums to understand how he should be played.

You can play an aggressive Cervantes but he is way more effective when you play him tactically.

All these tips make sense. Thanks a lot. I suppose the videos didn't show, but I use 4B BE quite a lot. I'm also becoming more constant with aB. I'm just beginning to make a more extensive use of 1A:B. And though I had realised that his 2A has an amazing reach (for a fast 2A), I hadn't really started to use it as a big spacing tool.

I'll try to apply this stuff and watch some vids. Thanks again.

First to Five against Furzy! Have fun. I play quite aggressive in this one, in a tournament i would play a bit more tactically by spacing more, buts its boring to watch. So have fun with hyper aggression.
Those JGs on the suicides were awesome! And nice demonstration of the power of 1A:B. Very entertaining matches!

Just a few games I had the other day with everybody's favorite warping pirate. Id say i played ok, feel like I generally go more ham with backstepping than is shown here. Any constructive or unconstructive criticism welcome.

EDIT: Sorry about the quality, shot from my shitty camcorder on my shitty TV

Just a few games I had the other day with everybody's favorite warping pirate. Id say i played ok, feel like I generally go more ham with backstepping than is shown here. Any constructive or unconstructive criticism welcome.

EDIT: Sorry about the quality, shot from my shitty camcorder on my shitty TV
Nice Cervantes! I couldn't help but notice your match against the Siegfried. I noticed you took a bit of damage to his attacks in his 3B stance. You can 8 8 K Sieg users whenever they go into that and it beats out all attack options. After it becomes apparent to the Sieg user that all of their options won't work, they begin to just block right after that stance. In my experience it causes them stop throwing it out all the time like this Sieg user did against you. Trying to punish 3B with aB on reaction online usually results in you getting beat out by the BE or a trade. Once they get used to you doing the magical GI kick, punish their block cancel with aB since there will be a less likely chance of you getting traded out by their attack.

Nice Cervantes! I couldn't help but notice your match against the Siegfried. I noticed you took a bit of damage to his attacks in his 3B stance. You can 8 8 K Sieg users whenever they go into that and it beats out all attack options. After it becomes apparent to the Sieg user that all of their options won't work, they begin to just block right after that stance. In my experience it causes them stop throwing it out all the time like this Sieg user did against you. Trying to punish 3B with aB on reaction online usually results in you getting beat out by the BE or a trade. Once they get used to you doing the magical GI kick, punish their block cancel with aB since there will be a less likely chance of you getting traded out by their attack.

Yeah i have noticed i do tend to get blown up by siegs stance, its just become such a habbit to aB after moves like his 3b that sometimes i just do it without thinking. The only other thing i sometimes would do in that circumstance is GI but 88k seems like it would work miracles given its auto GI property. Thanks for the heads up dude! On a totally random note i actually stole a bunch of tech from you when I was getting into this game lol, small world eh?

You can 8 8 K Sieg users whenever they go into that and it beats out all attack options. After it becomes apparent to the Sieg user that all of their options won't work, they begin to just block right after that stance. In my experience it causes them stop throwing it out all the time like this Sieg user did against you. Trying to punish 3B with aB on reaction online usually results in you getting beat out by the BE or a trade. Once they get used to you doing the magical GI kick, punish their block cancel with aB since there will be a less likely chance of you getting traded out by their attack.

22k loses to SCH 6 K and SCH K beats aB on startup. it's all a reverse mixup. bait him into doing SCH 6 K, then just aB him immediately on block, or 22K to beat immediate SCH K. gotta rely on yomi to get meterless damage. or just say fuck the mixup and CE it on block, which beats every option.

22k loses to SCH 6 K and SCH K beats aB on startup. it's all a reverse mixup. bait him into doing SCH 6 K, then just aB him immediately on block, or 22K to beat immediate SCH K. gotta rely on yomi to get meterless damage. or just say fuck the mixup and CE it on block, which beats every option.

I forgot about that! Lucky for me not many Siegs do that. :) I forgot to mention there is also the option to back step and igdr if you know they aren't going to block when they enter the stance (assuming theres no wall in back of you). But that requires good timing enough to go underneath SCH A and hit them before the SCH B hits you... and you need to trust your igdr ability :P.

Back