Cervantes Matchup: Discussion

As Captn said aB gets TCed and gets beaten by 2A. More 9B+K on close range pressure might work though. Not beeing able to use 1AB so often due to the punishment is annoying...

I didnt know he cant punish a spaced aB, will check next time.

Thx for the tips. This is by far the matchup i struggle the most with ( i even prefer Alpha!).

What TC moves? 236A,B ? I dont think it is very good move at this MU. You cant approach Carvy with it, only can use in scripts.
2A and AA is too range dependable, after 1B and 1K. Just look at thouse script situation. After 1K 2A wiffs, and AA wiffs first hit and second is duckable on reaction(50% anticipation). He cant catch your back dash with 66B because of 42G. But can with 3B that is avoid with simple 4. Only 236A cant be backdashed=( It is a gamble but i'm not shure that is in Pats favor (meter dependable)

Working on the guard is also a very good idea
Agree, really good thing to do.

he cant punish a spaced aB
it is pain in ass.

42G is just good in certain matches. In actual fact, it's a strategy in certain MU.

Against Pat, zoning him out of 66B range nets you the best result. Punishing 66B on whiff is easy, Pat doesn't have Cervy's bA so no need to worry. Looking out for 1A,B is actually what you want your opponent to do, then you can remind him why it's stupid to try and duck and block punish 1A,B, it's even better that Pat has a good punisher for it because that will make Pat players more likely to duck.

For 236A, B. JG second hit all the time, and if you realize he stops at the first hit, you can still aB him.

Defense wins you this MU.

For 236A, B. JG second hit all the time, and if you realize he stops at the first hit, you can still aB him.
You can also back step 236AB for the same results if you're not confident in your JG abilities. Not really directed towards you but just thought I'd put that out there for those who may need it. :P

It's pretty hard to explain. You don't exactly wait for 236A, B to come out, but visually you are able to see that it doesn't and still aB it. However at the same time, if they do 236A , B you are able to JG it. It's really based on your judgement, observation and technique. It's consistent for me and that is important.

It's pretty hard to explain. You don't exactly wait for 236A, B to come out, but visually you are able to see that it doesn't and still aB it. However at the same time, if they do 236A , B you are able to JG it. It's really based on your judgement, observation and technique. It's consistent for me and that is important.

I really can't distinguish between them. It seems like when you would JG the B, that's when Pat drops back down again when just doing 236A and it feels like there isn't enough time to do it. 44B+K works well against 236A,B btw as long as you're aren't at ring edge or wall.

Any tips on the cervy-mitsu mu? Never really looked into it.

Cervy vs Mitsu is very good imo, First of all you can auto GI 4B on reaction, so this can make the player think twice about using it. On top of this your damage output is much better and your punishment vs him is better than his punishment vs you. In general mitsu's tech crouch game is not very good, so 66A becomes very good for step killing. During Mitsu 50/50s, if you guess right (block a 2kb BE or evade the second hit of 3B BE) you will take out massive life, however your primary problem in this MU is that 6B2 is safe vs Cervy, however if you are on point you can CE punish him for it. I hope this helps

I dont think i have ever disagreed so much on anything. You are basically putting this into a Hilde-Rock relatio here.
If your opponents can react to a i17 low, i20 mid mixup then you are right this is a horrible matchup. Really need a vid please.

From what i have seen in the match versus Xeph you let him close the distance all the time, you let him unpunished for random ducks all over the place, you freeze once he is on close range etc. I have rarely seen a video where somebody was able to duck so often without beeing punished. For me this looks like classic outplayed, not like Xeph beeing able to block a i17 low and then stand up to block the i20 mid within 3 Frames. As is said delay a move, cancel a move etc. If you have a better vid please let me know since the one (as you also said) was not really well played.

This is not an attack or anything, but if you always play like this i can see why you think this is 7.5:2.5. So many AAs from Xeph and not one single 22K, which would Auto GI it, give you a KND and is safe.

I think, from the video, Hate's played like a women. However, him and I have played too much- and what you saw was a collection of mental games, influences towards hesitation, and common shit we've both seen. I think Hates and I have played the MU over 500games. With that said, you may have answers for what Hate's didn't have- but know, I developed answers to his counters just as much as any one I've played thoroughly. Wish we could play, I'm sure we'd both show each other some new shit.

I think, from the video, Hate's played like a women. However, him and I have played too much- and what you saw was a collection of mental games, influences towards hesitation, and common shit we've both seen. I think Hates and I have played the MU over 500games. With that said, you may have answers for what Hate's didn't have- but know, I developed answers to his counters just as much as any one I've played thoroughly. Wish we could play, I'm sure we'd both show each other some new shit.

Last time i was in California i tried to get people to play but there wasnt much interest :) I'll let you know next time im in Cali. Also agree on the above, always hard to judge from videos but thats all we can do apart from theory fighting.

On a different note, against Violas CE Cervantes can do an insane Half screen jumping attack with 8B+K. Useless since Violas dont just do a random CE when you are out of range but funny to watch. Once she does her CE Animation just 8B+K from half screen away and Cervy will jump over her whatever it is CE.

Back