Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

According to the Namco stream:

B+G, CE is a combo.
6B BE, BT B+K, CE is a combo.
CE CAN hit on certain grounded. ie. after the above^
BT B+K on an airborne opponent has the same effect like in SC4.
The 28 animation has a JF version and it sends the opponent strike down after it finishes.
DC A (on block), aB works.

CE punisher is awesome.

What is really important and i think nobody tested, is there an instant DC Cancel?

In SC3 you could do DC A (Unblockable) Mixup with DC~instant Cancel~44aB....since Cancel was so fast the animations looked basically the same, really good back then. If there is a possibility like this DC A could work well, it has ok speed imo...

Then of course there is so much to test, aB on hit, 3A on hit, the new staple low 1AB etc....but from the vids i like him, really good damage (11B!!, now 33B)....then WR B+K is more usefull then it was in DC, cause now you can punish Highs maybe...can somebody check if his BEs are NH Combos? Like 6B BE etc?

Does anybody still have access to the game?

22A (BE) on block guaranteeing a CE sounds sick and if his CE wall splats like i think it does its guna be a nice way to start wall combos

All I can say is that, at first glance, the pirate is looking pretty damn strong. After this morning's stream, I'd liked to have seen more 2A+B application to try and intuit more about the move's properties, but I think we're once more looking at a Cervantes who can really drop a lot of damage on an opponent quickly, but who can also move this time around.

Lack of SCIV 1K really hurts, as does the loss of WS A. Other than that, Cervantes dishes out a lot of damage and his throws are really good with meter.

3A doesn't push back as far, and it got punished by Raph 6BB and Cervy aB when I played. I seem to recall getting BB'd somewhere too I'm not sure.

On CH it leads to the same stun you get when you did SCIV 3A+B after WR A. It makes sense for it to be unsafe now that it has a good CH property instead of being big disadvantage on hit, while still being a fast tracking mid. SCV 3A might have a tad more range as well.

Still, you're right, this is SCV-unsafe, which is pretty safe

Ah i see i didn't test that. Good to see it's unsafe which means effectively 1A, B and 3A will be his main close range step killer and may work as a mid/low mixup to a certain extent.

Lack of SCIV 1K really hurts, as does the loss of WS A. Other than that, Cervantes dishes out a lot of damage and his throws are really good with meter.

Well there's still 11K, 1A,B, 2K, and 22A. The loss of WS A won't be felt so much. You have tons of better horizontals to replace that.

I feel that B, B, B CH will be very important in SCV considering the last hit can be a clean hit, the damage is really high and it's really easy to check hit.

Ah i see i didn't test that. Good to see it's unsafe which means effectively 1A, B and 3A will be his main close range step killer and may work as a mid/low mixup to a certain extent.

Well there's still 11K, 1A,B, 2K, and 22A. The loss of WS A won't be felt so much. You have tons of better horizontals to replace that.

I feel that B, B, B CH will be very important in SCV considering the last hit can be a clean hit, the damage is really high and it's really easy to check hit.

Losing WS A hurts cuz it was his easiest way to punish ducked highs/throws. Sometimes WS A+BB is hard to whiff punish with.

Losing WS A hurts cuz it was his easiest way to punish ducked highs/throws. Sometimes WS A+BB is hard to whiff punish with.

Well now you have WS AB, WS B+K (old DC B+K)...so 2 new tools to replace that. What is going to be missed is more WS A as a wall combo starter...but there is plenty to replace ducked high punishement.

Also maybe even 4B BE can be used depending on speed...pretty easy to do 4B from FC.

There was no WS A in SC1,2,3...so not a big deal imo...

We'll see how the absence of 1K really affects things. A 11K that gives +frames is a pretty sturdy replacement in some scenarios, and newer, faster 3A:B (well, whatever the new input is) might function along those lines, too. What I suspect, though, is that Cervantes' big mixups won't be Mid/Low, but rather Mid/Throw and Horizontal/Vertical. 2A+B, 33B, BE 4B, etc will definitely provoke sidesteps, which in theory are countered nastily by 3A, etcetera, for wakeup pressure.

In SC3 you could do DC A (Unblockable) Mixup with DC~instant Cancel~44aB....since Cancel was so fast the animations looked basically the same, really good back then. If there is a possibility like this DC A could work well, it has ok speed imo...

With the new animation though, they don't look all that similar. Unless they're a player that ducks for 44aB blatant, they SHOULD be able to tell the difference.

That new DC A is high, right? I mean, that'd be pretty fucked up if it wasn't, but I haven't seen anyone duck it yet.

With the new animation though, they don't look all that similar. Unless they're a player that ducks for 44aB blatant, they SHOULD be able to tell the difference.

That new DC A is high, right? I mean, that'd be pretty fucked up if it wasn't, but I haven't seen anyone duck it yet.

Yes the DC A is a high AGI.

You still have WS B which launches. Actually, i never tested if CE will wall splat on air hit. I only know it ROs front to the front on air hit.

The new DC A looks like a GB Version of his old 33A (which he still has), makes sense with the Auto GI also...so you are right, dont look similar at all.

And his 22B UB looks so linear, pretty useless it seems. Then again BBB looks good, if BB alone is safe this could be so good.

Btw here at 0:42 you can see his new 1A i think, really fast and looks maybe a bit like 3A+B aka 3A in SC5...in 1:28 you see 1AB

the new DC A is a GB version. the AUTO GI work on all mid Attack!
You got a free aB or AA or CE after DC A on block!
of course DCA it's High, but I think We'll can mix it with DC B.

I still don't think 11K (unless I didn't read correctly and it's faster) will hit anybody w/decent reaction time, unless it's going under a high/throw. Plus on block is pretty good though.

DC A is pretty telegraphed, I was able to duck it on reaction.

There's also DC K though, which is his old 421K low with two JFs that make it combo into the stab and gunshot if successful.

00:36 this is quite possibly the most damaging NH meterless combo i have seen, it looks to be roughly 85+ damage

Back