Cervantes Tech Traps

docvizzo

[14] Master
Feel free to add, use and comment. All tested on Asta. why? Cause i like Asta. Some may not work on smaller Hitboxes.

• 44K~WS A (Catches every direction + normal Tech. Combo to 4KK since aK does not connect in some cases)
  • 44K~66K/6K/2A for low Risk (No Escape, catches all)
  • 4B+K~A+B (Escape to the back)
  • Close Range bK~A+B (Escape only with Tech Left)
  • FC A+BBB~A+B(Escape to the back, but if you do a single 6 Tap after FC A+B it will also catch Back)
  • FC A+BBB~iGDR (Escape Tech Right)
  • 214 K~BT B+K (No Escape, catches all)
  • 4A+K~A+B (No Escape, catches all)
  • 4A+K~iGDR (No Escpape, catches all)
  • ch 3A+B KND~A+B (catches all directions, a forward tap is needed: ch 3A+B6~A+B
  • 11AB~66~A+B (Catches All)

Thats all for the Moment. Please post if something misses and maybe Hitbox issues.

Hey guys I was fooling around with cervy so you might want to try a few of these.

iGDR-> iTS, (didn't test any directions)
CH 3B-> 8A+B:B+K->214B (just regular ol' geodaray"

after iGDR regular GDR also is a tech trap... and i found something rather odd... if u do 3B, 8A+K, iGDR, 28B and delay the 28B a little bit then i got a tech trap against ivy...

Good ways to make 214k HIT, you mean? No, not really. With how long it takes to step after standing up in this game though, you can use it in places where they're knocked down with some space between you.

Well an instance I use 214K is after the B+G grab. You can use your BT mix-ups from there, you can also teleport behind them too.

I did this one the other day. Nh 3B 8A+K 3B. I was suprised when I launched them again.

FC A+BBBB, 3B. Not sure which side to escape honestly. I never use this move, it comes out on accident. I use a pad, and still, I don't know how people manage to get this consistently.

Both sides are techable for FC A+BBBB 3B. But A+B tech traps all sides. It's easier on a stick IMO.

is there a certain number of times you have to press B for this attack because i think its a major tool for cervantes and it would gratly increase my game with cervantes

new tech traps

So I'm looking for Cervy traps and here are a few I've found.

3A+B stun counter ~ 44B

Tech traps all directions, doing CH2A+B, WS A, 3A+B, and getting them with the 44B tech trap takes away a little over half of their health (Though that's with CH on.) The buffering is just a teensy bit strict but once you got it down it's easy as breathing.

CH3B:B ~ 9B+K

Techable in some directions haven't tested them yet, but high damage .

22B_88B AT ~ 88A or quick dash forward A+B

88A Catches all but left, not huge damage, but is something, not to mention it gives them a reaso nto not tech leading to another 22_88B. A+B catches all, but it's less damage than 88A, unless they don't shae fast enough that is.

Will keep looking.

Edit: expect some new tech traps late tonight. I'm a crappy Cervy player but his lack of tech traps posted in his SA is criminal, and I intend to remedy it.

i found this to be very effective especially against offensive players.....

GDR-A(make sure theres plenty of room that it misses)
-then-
2A+B(hits them on counter)

@ jadilla

You can also go for 44A, really good for baits since it has fast recovery and even on Block you are at -1 from max Range...so you dont have to enter DC.

Of course all "fast recovery" moves are nice to bait, 6A, b2, 44A, DC A...all pretty nice.

I know it's been a while, but I'm lazy...like real lazy.

anyway not much to add haven't spent much time looking but:

CH 44K ~ 44B, all directions but left (There might be more that can be done but I'll need to look some more.)

CH 66K (brief delay ) 44B, you can also get (brief delay) A+B.

The wall splats I get from 44B in these tech traps lead to insane damage.

I know these aren't much but I will get more time to look tonight.

if you grab and cancel it then do 3A:B it'll tech trap all directions as long as you do the cancel at the midway point of his grab

I did this one the other day. Nh 3B 8A+K 3B. I was suprised when I launched them again.

They can't air control out of that, and it only relaunches if they make an attempt to stand up

what i find funny is why you try a much bigger version of this -

(CH :3:B) or (CH :7:or:8:or:9::A:+:B:) :8::A:+:K: (x2,x3, however many times you can it in)

trying to follow up with :3::B: will whiff. Even though it should hit. Whiffs every time for me

new tech traps

So I'm looking for Cervy traps and here are a few I've found.

3A+B stun counter ~ 44B

Tech traps all directions, doing CH2A+B, WS A, 3A+B, and getting them with the 44B tech trap takes away a little over half of their health (Though that's with CH on.) The buffering is just a teensy bit strict but once you got it down it's easy as breathing.
I've tried that on certain characters and sometimes they manage to escape when they tech roll. Either that or they tech roll to the left to avoid it.

You can also do 2B+K but they can avoid it by tech rolling to their left.

Just do another iWS A, see here at 0:11....

When they stop teching you can mix with 33B Ground Hit or 22B.....

Back