Cervantes top 10 moves.

Yes, they do build even on whiff except throws. Throws only build when they are successful.

Defensive moves on the contrary don't seem to build at all.

One Move to mention is 4B+K, im starting to play around with this. Damage is meh, no CH stuff etc, but it really evades quite a lot. Need to play around more with this, so i wanted to encourage you to do the same. Im pretty sure i evaded even alphas throws etc....

Also whenever you have time spam 6B+K UB, i do this all the time. I dont know if its known but this UB builds meter also on whiff, so whenever i feel like it i just back up and spam it all day....since opponent must sidestep to come close you can do it 3-4 times most of the time...

Yup 4B+K is really good. TC, SS and it's like +6 on hit.

You should mix up 6B+K with 8B+K when they get to a close distance, your opponent will react to it like it's 6B+K lol. Also really good against Ivy whiffing with her long range attacks.

Found that in the opening match, against either Pat or Pyrrha, 4A beats a lot of their rush in attacks like 66As. Something to consider. It seems Cervantes' 4A has some invincibility or evasive properties. Worth using more.

Outside of that... still not connecting with everyone's favorite moves in this list.

1) aB
2) bK (people should use this move more. TJ, safe, neutral on block, AA stops most BS in the game, throw attempt)
3) iGDR
4) 3B (if you can't do this consistently drop the char, he cannot win against high level w/out it)
5) 44B
6) 2K
7) 11K
8) 6A (excellent underrated poke)
9) 1A, B
10) 66A

66B, 4B BE, iBT B+K, AG BE, AA, 3A all honorable mentions. I use way more than 10 moves

1) aB
2) bK (people should use this move more. TJ, safe, neutral on block, AA stops most BS in the game, throw attempt)
3) iGDR (if you can't do this consistently drop the char, he cannot win against high level w/out it)
4) 3B
5) 44B
6) 2K
7) 11K
9) 1A, B
10) 66A

66B, 4B BE, iBT B+K, AG BE, AA, 3A all honorable mentions. I use way more than 10 moves
Fix'd, I think.

1) aB
3) iGDR
4) 3B (if you can't do this consistently drop the char, he cannot win against high level w/out it)
5) 44B
6) 2K
7) 11K
9) 1A, B
10) 66A

Less than half of those are working for me.

Also, you can get mostly the same damage from iGDR with 4B BE. There's a few combo exceptions, but using 4B BE as a learning substitute until you can reliably pull off iGDR in battle, isn't hurting anyone.

Less than half of those are working for me.

Also, you can get mostly the same damage from iGDR with 4B BE. There's a few combo exceptions, but using 4B BE as a learning substitute until you can reliably pull off iGDR in battle, isn't hurting anyone.

i think it does, one of the best things about cervy is that he doesn't really need bar to do damaging combos, and when you do use bar correctly you do well over 120, using 4B~BE instead of iGDR almost defeats the point of picking cervy in the first place.

Using that bar for GI's is FAR more usefull then getting 20 extra damage or so from a juggle.

bK- +1 on block, can start wall combos. can be stepped.
aB - Unsafe. i11
44A - -3 on block = *fast and deceptive reaction after this is blocked.
2A+B - Linear. safe. Causes Full crouch on block. Causes wake up on hit. Cmbo on CH.
6A - -2 on block = as good as mitsu's 6B8 and 6A. +8 on hit. read above*
4A - -3 on block = read above*
2A - safe and +8 on hit
6A+B - Linear. long range. -8 on block with pushback, drawback = multi JG :(.
3K - linear. i15 -4 on block +6 on hit see above*. note: on hit at +6 3K:B+K = BT B+K = i10 after 3K hits :).
3A - i15 mid Horizontal. knd on hit. UNSAFE
33B - linear slow! -3 on block see above*. causes Full crouch. Hurts CG. JG = -20
3B - unsafe. i19 launcher.
iGDR - i17 punnisher. used in combos. Horribly unsafe!!!!

Can you explain why Brian?
Absolutely. You can't step out of it on block and can't interrupt between the hits. At close range, it's actually a 3 hit string (playing hell with jG), and it does work on the guard meter. You can essentially start employing it much like Voldo's 3B_3BB. You abbreviate the string to set up lows, grabs, etc.

People with lots of anti-Cervantes experience tend not to duck very often at all. This particular string provides a fairly dirty way to put opponents in a mixup scenario--or, indeed, nested mixup scenarios--with little risk when an opponent refuses to cooperate and duck into 3Bs.

Definitely. I don't take advantage of it as much as I should, but I find that against opponents who won't otherwise open up to me, abusing 1BB and cutting it short is an excellent way to sneak in a 3B or 1AB.

Totally off topic, but I just wanted to ask. If I were to start a thread/poll based on which character will win EVO, where would I post such a thread? SRK had something like this for Street Fighter and I like the concept. So yeah if I could be pointed in the correct area much thanks!

Like a fun harmless "bet" thread where we all look back after evo and have a laugh ?

Like a fun harmless "bet" thread where we all look back after evo and have a laugh ?
Sure, just to get a feel of what people around 8 way run are feeling character wise. Just like you said. Something to look back on. Imagine if we took that type of poll in march. So where should I start it?

I have an inkling that 1BB will become really important as people learn how to fight against Cervantes.

Without a doubt. I've been using it more lately, but still not enough. Especially against the ring. 1B, 1BB or 1B, Grab works too well.

Sure, just to get a feel of what people around 8 way run are feeling character wise. Just like you said. Something to look back on. Imagine if we took that type of poll in march. So where should I start it?

Tactics may be less vulnerable to mod discretion.
You may get more opinions in the general SC5 subforum, but it may get derailed shit talking much faster.

I created a "best CE in 6 months" on the first day or release so we can look back in July, and the thread has been wiped by some other mod in the general SC5 subforum. Just a heads up

Tactics may be less vulnerable to mod discretion.
You may get more opinions in the general SC5 subforum, but it may get derailed shit talking much faster.

I created a "best CE in 6 months" on the first day or release so we can look back in July, and the thread has been wiped by some other mod in the general SC5 subforum. Just a heads up
Ok started it in "tactics" thanks for the input.

Ok crew. Your captain needs your help! I want to finish what the previous captain here started! The guide to using Cervantes thread. But for that I need to finish this list to 10.
Cervy's Top 10 moves:
  1. iGDR- The ultimate weapon up Cervy's arsenal. A 17-frame initial 30 damage launcher which can be extended for combos and add major damage. It's also a big gamble move leaving you @ -21 when blocked.
  2. aB- A decent punish-er and interrupter. 11 frames, 40 damage, -4 on hit, a bit of a gamble leaving you @ -18 when blocked.
  3. 3B- Staple launcher/whiff punisher. 19 frames, 28 damage, -13 on block, so not immensely unsafe.
  4. 1A:B- Staple low/anti-step. 23ish damage, -4 on hit, very unsafe on block. CH grants a combo.
  5. 4B BE- linear but decently fast 21 frame attack that guard crushes leaving you an 8 frame advantage.
  6. 2A+B- versatile, though it leaves you at -11 on block, it forces the opponent on crouch and punishment isn't that easy to go by. 20 damage, 19 frames and knocks down opponents on hit.
I am not a professional Cervantes player so I need you all to pick moves you think should belong in this list for top 10 moves. I need the input,frame data, damage and/or a basic description of the skill. I'm counting on you all :D

Back