Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

ShenChan

[11] Champion
Time to update the list! I'm going to be doing a little editing/cleaning, as well as putting what I consider to be the most useful combos in italics for easier reference. -- Hates

Combos

3B Normal Hit

- 8A+K~ B2 (Back Hit)
- 8A+K, iGDR, 28B (67-85 damage; properties of launch and wakes change depending on opponent's orientation/size. Experiment)
- iGDR ~28B (63-65ish damage)
- 6A~66A (55 Damage, can be air controlled)
- 8A+K~3A+B (52 Damage)

3B CH

- 8A+K x3
- 8A+K~ 214:B+K
- 8A+K x2~ iGDR ~28B
- 214:B+K (delay slightly for best damage, roughly 74ish, and tends to whiff on side and back launches)
- 4A+K~ 2B+K (can be JF teched after 4A+K. Have a backup plan)
- 8[B+K]~ 11B
- 22B, iGDR 28B (88 damage, really tricky timing. Not for the faint of heart)

iGDR
- 22B~ 8A+K~ iGDR~ 28B (8A+K is only 100% guaranteed on small and medium characters if your opponent is BT in mid-air)
- 214:B+K
- iGDR~28B
- 8A+K~ aB
- 4A+K~ 1K

2A+B CH
- 11B
- WS A~ 3A+B~ iGDR
- WS A~ 4K, K to Wall Combos
- WS A~ 4B, K to BT mixups at neutral
- WS A~ aK to BT mixups at +5

- WS A~ aB
- WS A~ Back Throw (Only at wall)
- iGDR ~ followup of choice

4A CH or 4[A]
- 2A+B, WS A ~ Combo of choice (Refer above)
- iGDR ~ Combo of choice (Refer above)

3A:B
- 8A+K~ aB
- B2
- 2B+K
- iGDR 28B

11B CH
- 11B
- iGDR 28B

44aB Attack Throw
- 3A+B
- B2 (sketchy--will not always AT)

8A+B CH
- 9B+K~ iGDR or 33B
- 8A+K~ iGDR~ 28B

1A
- 33B
- WS B (guaranteed at almost any range, WS BB guaranteed near wall or edge)

9B
- aB

bA CH
- 3A+B~ iGDR
- iGDR, combo of choice
- 2A+B, combo of choice

88A
- 11B (depends on position--sometimes whiffs)

DC K
- 2B

DC A+K
- 2B+K

4B+K
- 33B (techable)

8[B+K] Back Hit
- Back throw (sometimes whiffs)
- aB
- iGDR, combo of choice

4A+K
- 33B (techable)

Slide Kick
- 33B

11A, B
-2B+K

11A,A CH
- aK
- iGDR
- 3A+B
- B2 (whiffs on many characters)

BT B+K
- 66B
- 3B
- iGDR~ Combo of choice

CH 421K
-11b - 58
- 2B+K

CH 66K
- 11B

33A
- 11B

44A+B
- 214:B+K
- 22B, iGDR 28B

If you eat the first hit is there any way to avoid the other hits? I tried GI but my character is still stunned

What stun combo are you talking about? Cervantes has a lot of them. You can escape some stuns (called crumple stuns) by just pressing any button repeatedly, but it's usually just easier to move the control stick back and forth repeatedly.

In the future, you should probably post this here: http://www.8wayrun.com/f26/

Oh alright, I didn't see that thread. Can a mod move this thread there? And I'm not a Cervantes player so I don't know the exact move but I think it's a low stun move and then they tend to follow it up with a series of other stun moves to trap you. When I get home I can figure it out and post it here if that would help.

It's really hard to say without the exact move name. I would suggest using the method I discussed earlier for the crumple stun. Is this combo off of normal hit or counter hit?

could be 22b or 22a? 11a?
i knwo 22b stuns on hit but u can block after it.

unless it's 3a,b

I saw someone recently on another forum that thought Kilik's a+k hit low,high. So I'm gonna guess he's talking about a+b, since that kinda has a low angle to it, but actually hits mid, and leads to a shakeable stun.

So what combos are people using? I haven't found a really good one for 3B CH yet:(

For 3B, I've been using 8A+K, 3B. Simple, effective, decent distance away. I also do iGDR, 22B, 8A+K, 3B. Nice chunk of damage. Thoughts?

Screw it, found my staple 3B combo: 3B, 8A+K, iGDR. Great wakes afterwards, and 66 damage. I was only able to get 3B, 8A+K, iGDR, 28B once and it was 70 damage. IMO, not worth it.

Uh, guys? His wall combos aren't mentioned... I'm assuming that it works along the lines of 2A+B, WS A+B, 4KK, BT B+K, rinse and repeat/ work on from there? Cuz' it doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the board... I'm referring to these videos for the input by the way:

PLease correct me if I'm wrong. I wanna know how to devastate my opponents agianst a wall like the videos show.

Do me a favor with that list, add both 6a, 66a and 8a+k, 3a+b to that list. First does more damage, Hates has been using the second primarily for the good wakes it gives.

KowTow means:

3B~6A~66A (55 Damage)
3B~8A+K~3A+B (52 Damage)

And especially for newbies and lazy "i dont wanna use instant Moves" people:

iGDR~4A+K~1K (59 Damage)
ch 3B~4A+K~2B+K (76 Damage)
ch 3B~[8B+K]~11_77B (Think about 72 Damage)

Both 4A+K's can be JF Ukemi'd, but ist really hard as hell. Feels really random to me. Damage is good for no instant Moves...

iGDR is done by executing 214:B. The 4 and B has to done at the same time.

doc: I got your add on xbox live. But i seldom go live much. Edited the combos. Thanks.

@ Jovian

No Problem, i added you like months ago :)

Unfortunately, playing online over such a distance wouldnt be a great thing to do anyway...so nevermind.

doc: yea i know.. I only went on to live to get the patch and that's it. Well, let's continue to work hard with Cerv xD

And especially for newbies and lazy "i dont wanna use instant Moves" people:

iGDR~4A+K~1K (59 Damage)

That would be me, haha. And that's good damage off iGDR, more than the 22b, 66a I'm using currently. Not so much lazy though, just taking the sure thing for guaranteed damage. I only use combos I can do close to 100% in a tournament match. I'll save my poor JF skills for things like iTP, lol.

Back