CEVO is Hosting a Xbox360 Blazblue Tournament *NOW FREE TO ENTER*

Dr_Evil

[08] Mercenary
CEVO LLC (CYBER EVOLUTION) is very excited to announce the opening of the first CEVO BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger XBOX 360 Live Tournament.

The regular event membership fee for Season 1 is FREE per player to enter and will feature $500.00. This tournament is only open to US and Canada Residents.

The BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger XBOX 360 Live Tournament is a double elimination online event for gamers in the XBOX 360 community. The format of the tournament will be 1 v 1.

Registration for the tournament will open on Wednesday July 15th at midnight and remain open until 11:59pm est Wednesday August 26th. Brackets will be released August 27th and first round matches will be scheduled Friday August 28th after 11:01 PM CDT. The deadline for first round matches will be Monday August 31st before 10:59PM CDT time.

PRIZES:

1st: $250.00
2nd: $150.00
3rd: $100.00

BRACKETS:
To Be Announced

RULES:

Game Play Match Start Times
Players should ensure that they are ready to play fifteen (15) minutes prior to the agreed upon time. After fifteen (15) minutes have passed, both players must be connected to the agreed upon host.

Match Guidelines and Information

Match Hosting
A host MUST be agreed on by both players and MUST fall within the PING IMBALANCE RULE. You may test both hosts until the best one has been determined. The host MUST be one of the players participating in the match.

- Standard Hosting Policy: The player who has the BEST CONNECTION will be considered the HOST.

- Optional Hosting Policy: If one (1) of the players has an excellent connection both players ping fairly to, they may agree to use that host for the duration of the match.

Match Format
BEST OF THREE (3) FORMAT (Regular Bracket Play)
Each match of tournament play will be played in a best of (3) three format. In a best of three (3) format, the first player to win (2) two matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Winners/Losers Championship Final)
The Grand Finals matche will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Grand Championship Final)
The tournament Grand Championship finals match will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

Match Breaks
There are NO match breaks allowed in between rounds.

Game / Option Settings
- Players: 1 vs. 1
- Round Time: 99 secs
- Rounds: 2 Rounds
- Handicap: OFF
- Characters: ALL Characters are allowed
- Round Winners: MUST keep their character, Match Losers MAY change characters if they choose
- No Unlimited Characters
- No Easy Specials On
- Starting a game with the wrong rules or settings will result in a forfeiture of the current stage for the host team

Stages
All stages are ALLOWED

TO CREATE A TEAM NOW, LOGIN TO YOUR CEVO USER NAME AND FOLLOW THIS LINK:

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=account&func=createteam

CEVO is Hosting a Xbox360 Blazblue Tournament

Good luck with the event man, the SF4 one was run really well. I know why you have to charge, but I just can't justify spending any money on an online tournament, sorry man.

Anyone interested in this tournament?

I think it's gonna be a tough sell for a community of largely offline based players to pay money for an online tournament. Nothing against you, the SF4 event was quality, but online gaming just has too many random elements for most people to warrant paying for it. I hope you're able to find interest from another source.

This tournament is now free to enter, so just sign up and skip the paying process and when we switch it over to free, you will be automatically enter into the group!

Anyone that has paid already will be refunded back their money, i will send you all emails telling you how to do it.

and registration will be extended till the 26th of August

I think it's gonna be a tough sell for a community of largely offline based players to pay money for an online tournament. Nothing against you, the SF4 event was quality, but online gaming just has too many random elements for most people to warrant paying for it. I hope you're able to find interest from another source.

Yea you do have a point but might as well have went for it x_x

It's free now players so sign up and let's get it!

For free I'll give it a shot, I enjoy the game no doubt. Even without a prize I'd throw down just for fun, but you can't ever get past "just for fun" on the internet.

Tonight is the last night to sign up for this tournament everyone!!

Before 10:59pm CDT time, after that its closed up!!

Remember its a free tournament with Payout!!

Back