Character aesthetics for SoulCalibur 6

I was wondering, are there any characters that you guys would want to have a completely different aesthetic than they did previously? Like Mina getting more of a tomboyish style or Talim having more focus on elegance than cuteness?

Personally, if Amy were to return, I'd want them to ditch the whole gothic lolita thing. I get that it's a popular style but it's just so overdone and boring to me. If not that, then at the very least something a little more age-appropriate. They're not the worst but I've always felt her designs were a bit too showy for how young she's supposed to be. Like, why does a 12 year old need to have cleavage?

I was wondering, are there any characters that you guys would want to have a completely different aesthetic than they did previously? Like Mina getting more of a tomboyish style or Talim having more focus on elegance than cuteness?

Personally, if Amy were to return, I'd want them to ditch the whole gothic lolita thing. I get that it's a popular style but it's just so overdone and boring to me. If not that, then at the very least something a little more age-appropriate. They're not the worst but I've always felt her designs were a bit too showy for how young she's supposed to be. Like, why does a 12 year old need to have cleavage?
I'm glad you asked this. I have been thinking for a while that because of how boring Rock is to me and how much I dislike him out of disinterest, I thought he could be re-imagined a bit. Early into the series I thought he was a neanderthal or something, before I found out he was British (but then why did he have a mammoth head in SC3 and a Rhino head in SC4?) I want a Viking character in the game too, but at the same time think Rock's husky character could fit that and it wouldn't necessarily cancel out Bangoo, being his adoptive son if he is a sailor. His aesthetic could be essentially the same too if not modified a bit and something actually definable about him.
Axe-a-rang6.jpg

Last edited:
Not much to contribute but I’ll say it anyway. I really wish Nightmare’s default colour was silver like it was in SC1. Also, I really hope Taki comes back as red and not the kind of magenta like in 4. And with her bangs too.

I really wish Nightmare’s default colour was silver like it was in SC1
Meh, I much prefer the look he has right now, I mean, he is supposed to be the azure knight, might as well look like it, besides, they did take after his best look, which was his SC3 primary.

I really hope Taki comes back as red and not the kind of magenta like in 4
What, really? I think her primary costume in IV was the best in terms of design, sure the models in IV were not great, but I thought the maroon like color worked best for that costume, especially with the shoulder, gauntlets and leg pieces being this dark blue/black with demon faces on it.

Meh, I much prefer the look he has right now, I mean, he is supposed to be the azure knight, might as well look like it, besides, they did take after his best look, which was his SC3 primary.

What, really? I think her primary costume in IV was the best in terms of design, sure the models in IV were not great, but I thought the maroon like color worked best for that costume, especially with the shoulder, gauntlets and leg pieces being this dark blue/black with demon faces on it.
On Taki, I think 4 was her best design too, I just didn’t like that the in game model of her bodysuit wasn’t red, which it even was in the artwork, so they probably just fucked up the model or lighting.

On Nightmare, wouldn’t they have taken after his SC1 look?
Maybe I'm color blind, but this really doesn't look silver to me.

Nightmare_Soul_Calibur.png
My monitor may be fucked up or something, because that does look more silver to me.

On Nightmare, wouldn’t they have taken after his SC1 look?
Well, to be perfectly honest, most of SC3's designs for the returning characters are just upgrades of SC1's, still, VI Nightmare is more reminiscent of 3 in both color scheme and design, just like in 3, VI has the golden patterns on the blue armor (something that didn't happen until 3, 2 only had golden parts on his helmet), his helmet kinda looks like a cross between 1 and 3.

Age of consent laws are only really a modern thing. Back then if you were old enough to bleed you were old enough to breed. Today we know better because of the dangers of child birth through undeveloped bodies and the possible mental impact on a developing mind (though you can say that about anything from sex to religion to politics). Personally I don't see how anyone can find it problematic considering girls have always played dressup, though perhaps that's because I've never thought of it beyond that as in it's not my fetish.

The gothic Loli thing can be cute, but not when it's done like the one in SCIV. It's kind of weird. Don't get me wrong, I like loli characters, and the loli style. Cleavage on a 12 year old is just weird though. If they had like an undershirt, like the sleeveless shirt in SCIV and SCV, it would be fine, though it'd likely be made of lace. As long as it does not get into weird points, where like @mokamoka827 said, A 12 year old having full on cleavage, it could be fine. Jsut don't give amy cleavage. It's just weird. Then again, with armor break we are probably going to get cleavage anyway...

We can't lie though, some characters are getting designs out of nowhere *cough*ZAS*cough*
Lol, it's my least favorite Zasalamel design too, but I really don't care, I couldn't, especially when he was revealed, because I'm just so glad he's back.

Age of consent laws are only really a modern thing. Back then if you were old enough to bleed you were old enough to breed. Today we know better because of the dangers of child birth through undeveloped bodies and the possible mental impact on a developing mind (though you can say that about anything from sex to religion to politics). Personally I don't see how anyone can find it problematic considering girls have always played dressup, though perhaps that's because I've never thought of it beyond that as in it's not my fetish.
I'm well aware of how girls that age were viewed back in the 16th century but that's not exactly relevant as I'm discussing a very underage character in a videogame created in the 21st century. As I said before, her designs aren't the worst, but they do still strike me as a bit inappropriate for her age and would be considerably less so with some minor alterations. Also, I feel this was misunderstood, I'm not saying the Lolita style itself is inappropriate, just her specific designs. My issues with the style are simply that I find it boring and overdone.

Amy's real age is not even known, the Raphael profile thing is untrustworthy as soon as her age is listed as unknown when she became her own character. Her voice is too deep to be younger than 14 and even her face is not juvenile enough to be 12.

We can't lie though, some characters are getting designs out of nowhere *cough*ZAS*cough*
His design is literally a mix of SC III and SC IV with hints of Abyss on it.

Amy's real age is not even known, the Raphael profile thing is untrustworthy as soon as her age is listed as unknown when she became her own character. Her voice is too deep to be younger than 14 and even her face is not juvenile enough to be 12.
I wasn't saying that her actual age is 12, I was more or less exaggerating. My point was that she's likely the youngest member of the roster and absolutely looks like it. Also I've met 10 year olds with deeper voices than her so her voice definitely isn't too deep to be younger than 14.

Back