Character aesthetics for SoulCalibur 6

My monitor may be fucked up or something, because that does look more silver to me
IMG_7335.PNG

One of these is silver. The other is blue.

So... What do you guys think of the models, given that, from the looks of it, we are getting the ones we are used to, with the same basic look as the ones from SCIV and SCV. Do you guys like this, or do you want to see a bit of an upgrade. Personally, I really like the design of the models RN. SO what does everyone think?

So... What do you guys think of the models, given that, from the looks of it, we are getting the ones we are used to, with the same basic look as the ones from SCIV and SCV. Do you guys like this, or do you want to see a bit of an upgrade. Personally, I really like the design of the models RN. SO what does everyone think?
I don't like that, because to me they look too close to their latest counterparts as opposed to this being a new beginning for their characters. I like what they did to Mitsurugi, making him look close to his SC1 model as they could but I just think (if not stress) that Sophitia, Kilik & Xianghua should look younger in their faces or face shapes, as well and I don't want to see Siegfried within the armor look like his SC4 model. I was hoping they'd make their faces look closer to their SC1 face models most.

I also think Sophita has a pretty static facial expression to her as of now too.

I don't like that, because to me they look too close to their latest counterparts as opposed to this being a new beginning for their characters. I like what they did to Mitsurugi, making him look close to his SC1 model as they could but I just think (if not stress) that Sophitia, Kilik & Xianghua should look younger in their faces or face shapes, as well and I don't want to see Siegfried within the armor look like his SC4 model. I was hoping they'd make their faces look closer to their SC1 face models most.

I also think Sophita has a pretty static facial expression to her as of now too.
It's her eyes, they don't have any real expression which gives off a very porcelain doll look.

It's her eyes, they don't have any real expression which gives off a very porcelain doll look.

Xianghua’s face is the worst. It reminds me of SCIV faces. Why is it so hard for them to make normal faces now, SCIII &II have good faces. Also, most faces don’t even have those ethnic features. Virtua fighter and even tekken does this right with their faces.

Xianghua’s face is the worst. It reminds me of SCIV faces. Why is it so hard for them to make normal faces now, SCIII &II have good faces. Also, most faces don’t even have those ethnic features. Virtua fighter and even tekken does this right with their faces.

It's still an improvement over her SCIV face, I don't what the hell happened to most of the faces in that game.
They just need to fix the dead porcelain look in SCVI.

screen-xianghua-sc4-jpg.48088
screen-xianghua-sc6-jpg.48089

Wonder if should he appear, Raphael will have that goatee he had in one of his SCII outfits. If not, maybe CaS can let me give one to him.

Cass should get that bobcut back if she returns. And her outfits with pantyhose look good on her.

I dunno, I think SCIV, which on itself was an amalgamation of her 1p in III and 2p in II, was a pretty nice direction to take her style, however I do hope that green becomes her signature colour, because white+blue has already a lot of representation in Sophitia and Xi.

Also
cassc3art3-jpg.3588

I wouldn't be too mad if they went back to the gladiator-esque design they tried to give her in III's 2P

I dunno, I think SCIV, which on itself was an amalgamation of her 1p in III and 2p in II, was a pretty nice direction to take her style, however I do hope that green becomes her signature colour, because white+blue has already a lot of representation in Sophitia and Xi.

Also
cassc3art3-jpg.3588

I wouldn't be too mad if they went back to the gladiator-esque design they tried to give her in III's 2P

I always loved that sassy smirk on her face lol .
The green outfit from SC2 is really well designed, that "apple green" color shade would match with her blonde hair. :sc2cas2:
Btw, the two concept arts on the left side are really good. The green costume is sexy with interesting patterns , and the red one is more like a "valkyrie" (or "atlantis warrioress") , with a kind alike "Wonder Woman" side .
Anyway, if those two styles are used in SC6, that would be really great !

The original green is my favorite color scheme for the outfit that she gets a rendition of in SC4.

I'm still a big fan of her original P1 look in SC2, it just needs a little rework in places.

I hate that her shield became pink in later games, it was a bit too distracting for me. I prefer the original blue and gold or her P2 silver one.

I actually found her SC4 P1 costume to be the most defining look for her for me, as it a was like a combination of her SC3 P1 & SC2 P2 outfits. It has the colors and trims of the P1 with the preferred leotard and bow & ponytail of her P2 outfits. I'm also in the camp that would like to see muscle tone on her visible parts, even if just them changing the skin textures (which SCVI kind of needs). Her and Seong Mi-Na would look pretty good. (Giving Seoug Mi-Na at least some light Abs).

@Crimzin That haircut in the picture makes me also wish they kept the more even looking inverted bobcut she had in SCI over what she currently had from SC2/3 onward.

Last edited:
It's still an improvement over her SCIV face, I don't what the hell happened to most of the faces in that game.
They just need to fix the dead porcelain look in SCVI.

screen-xianghua-sc4-jpg.48088
screen-xianghua-sc6-jpg.48089

Kills me inside that they're using decade-old hair models for so many of the characters. Wouldn't even be so bad, but UE4 can't do good-looking hair very easily.

Kills me inside that they're using decade-old hair models for so many of the characters. Wouldn't even be so bad, but UE4 can't do good-looking hair very easily.

Ok it's not just me. I thought the hair looks pretty bad for such a game. They could make them a bit more realistic with thinner strands instead of just a couple of big pieces, they look too anime-ish.

I noticed that too when I saw SC4 and SC6 Xianghua side by side. The SC4 hair even looks slightly better...

Which Taki do you want? The raki with a mask, or the one that doesn't. Do you want a brand new design? I personally want to see the red/magenta Taki, becaybe that's the one I'm used to. It'd be pretty cool to see the 1p become something like SCIv's 2p though, and I wouldn't mind that. Anyone's thoughts?

Back