Character pros/cons/playstyle

Viola

Playstyle: Mixups and pressure.

Execution: Medium to high. If you want to be a great Viola you need to learn her 6B+K FC 2K B+K combos. That can be frustrating.
Pros:
  • Insane 50/50s with 6B+K for 133 damage with only 1/4 of meter
  • Lol 44A BE. High damage, delayable, step killer, pseudo safe
  • So much damage with meter
  • Ring out game too stronk
Cons:
  • T-rex arms
  • Weak to good spacers because of said dinosaur arms
  • You'll be getting no damage anywhere but close range

Time for natsu. Sorry this may be long, I like to do everything in depth and a short bullet point list just won't do for our ninja princess. Natsuloverxoxo ^_^

Natsu

Play style- speed, punishment, wall/ring out pressure

Execution- medium/high. A:6 and PO a:6 are essential. Some -10 a:6punishes are difficult and getting a consistent i8 4a+ba is demanding as well.

Pros- speed; fastest AA in the game at i10 with a B followup for 48 damage. i10 a:6 for punishment, knockdown/ring out/wall splat. i8 4a+ba and 2Ba for interrupts and interesting frame traps. Also guaranteed on 2a hit and PO B block.

Damage- her wall damage is insane with her standard combo, mid screen damage is respectable off of 3b, bomb combos, 22a ch, and 66b/BE

Wall/RO pressure- once you have your back to the wall she can herd you and fish for a ch 22a for the ring out. Blocked 22a leads to reverse mixup where a good read can put you out just as easily. Step after a blocked 22a eats an a:6 or ch Aab. Has a variety of moves to ring out with from all angles.

Jg game- with a:6 almost any move on just guard can be punished for chunky damage. It may to be as high as a stab from the Pyrrhas but the frequency with which you can land a:6 makes up for it.

Evasion- natsu has a great variety of tech crouch/step/jump moves. 22a both tech crouch and tech step and leads to good reward on hit and great reward on ch. 66b can go under and around most AA and BB at slight negative frames(-4 to-6) leading to nice damage with ch bonus(pray for clean hit). 3b has a nice tech crouch and tech step on it, has some specific uses such as in the pat matchup after blocked 236 a it will punish raw 236 a and interrupt the b for mid air a:6 combo. Great tech jump moves in 8ka( big damage, confirmable, 8k only -4 on block). a+b far reaching knockdown with reverse mixup on block, and 8a mid knockdown push out move. Also has 3_9 b+k to get away from ring edge pressure.

Cons- can be zoned fairly easily. Has a hard time catching good backstep at range 2 or beyond. Has to commit to 66k which is -16. Only advisable to spam in certain matchups with weak punishment.

Poor throw range. Have to be right up in their face to attempt a throw. Compound this with the fact that against characters like nm and cervy who shrink their hurtbox when they guard and it can be frustrating to land throws. Kind of on the same note natsu extends her hurtbox when she guards so she can be thrown from further away than her neutral stance. A throw without meter does 38 damage so a person committed to breaking b has to eat 7 throws in a round to be killed unless you want to burn meter.

Some may not agree but I would argue poor lows.

1k has abismal range compared to many other characters 2k.

2kk is decent but slow for a poke and can be jg'd on the second hit with practice, poor tracking as well.

1a should be blocked on reaction though it does have merit for super tc, range, ring out, and hard to punish when spaced at max range.

Bombs should be blocked jumped on reaction so their use as a mixup is 0, they still prove useful as oki/step/block punishes due to the damage potential.

4a is an insane round ender that is fast, doesn't suffer guts system, tracks to one side and has the PO brave edge if they block it. Outside of ending rounds though its not terribly good. Some characters (natsu with 66b and apat with 3b) have a universal move to beat all options post 4a hit. Failing that other characters can backstep and do a tech crouch move and deal with most options that way.

PO b+k is slow since you have to do the PO transition to access it, doesn't track well, no range. Nice damage and ring out though, decently safe if blocked.

11a is decent in that it has range and is hard to see. Still not very fast so can suffer ch. Meh damage that suffers from guts. If opponent gets ch during a TC move you won't get the knockdown and instead can be punished for landing a CH.

Combine the poor lows and poor throw rage and it can be hard to get an opponent to duck for her nice mids. She has great frame traps to cover this and ok guard damage game with po b, 8a+b, 6ka among other things.

In conclusion she da bes.

Yoshimitsu

Playstyle: Rushdown with mixups/counter hit opportunities.

Pros:

• Don't try that frame trap shit on my nigga! i10 iMCF is gonna set you straight real fast.
  • I'mma frame trap you and you better respect it right quick. i10 iMCF gonna make you quit the game.
  • If you get cutesy and try to jump my frame traps I'm going to yomi double kick your ass out of the air for 100 damage and you'll feel real fucking stupid.
  • I got an unseeable knockdown low that leads to the silliest oki you've seen in your entire life.
  • My guard game is ridiculous and nobody knows so you better recognize when my safe guard rape frame traps you into iMCF oblivion.
  • The throw range is so real doe. SO real.
  • THE THROWS. 65 damage A throw that leads to bonkers oki. 55 damage B throw that leads to the same silly shit.
  • My mixups so strong that they don't need introductions but people still are at a loss for words.
  • Speaking of which, nobody knows jack shit about me! Deathcopter mixups chew people up for four meals a day.
  • The meterless wall game makes people freak the fuck out on the regular. Best in the game by a country mile.
  • Ringouts? I got them.
  • 16 frame punisher that leads to half life? Yeah buddy.
  • Great movement.
  • Really great TJ/TC/TS moves and some that do multiple evades at once.

Cons:

• Can be zoned by every single character in the game extremely effectively.
  • That means he's short ranged as fuck.
  • Execution heavy for less reward than other execution heavy characters.
  • Outside of CE and GI his meter game is certifiably awful. Please start stepping the second hit for 66A BE and destroying him for it.
  • Garbage step killers.
  • Too reliant on CHs for damage at times.
  • Rarely gets good guaranteed damage from launchers/stuns and usually end in a gimmicky mixup situation that, while in his favor, can be studied well enough to limit his advantage quite a bit.
  • That unseeable low that is all sorts of awesome usually leads to 4x the damage you'd get if they block it.
  • Terrible while rising/full crouch game. Outside of CE he doesn't have good low punishers unless those lows stand them up at the end of the animation for 6K (many don't).
  • With proper knowledge he becomes fairly punishable.

Last edited:
Patroklos

Playstyle: Rushdown/Risk-Taker

Execution: Moderately Easy (a+b glitch and 236B JF takes practice)

Pros:

• One of the best if not the best CE in the game.
  • Excellent damage (a+b glitch anyone?)
  • Frame traps everywhere including a + frame low
  • Very annoying okizeme
  • Unreal FC punishment game
  • Brain-dead meter gain
  • Good guard gauge game
  • Recovers faster on whiffed throws
  • Doesn't rely on CHs to get damage
  • Post-GI game is very very good.
Cons:

• T-rex arms
  • All pokes under 18 frames lack range
  • Lacks a good TJ move
  • Guard damage moves are very linear
  • Lacks any good gimmicks (Most people have a very good understanding of this MU)
  • Can get out-zoned by certain characters (He especially has a hard time with characters with good backsteps)
  • Very punishable if you take risks at the wrong time.
  • Cervantes backstep (I mentioned backstep before but this one deserves it's own category)

For pros, you forgot to mention that he has the most swagtastic overkill move (66B+G grab)

No one left now but pyrrha and hilde. This weekend I will take the info garhered so far and start a new thread which will be stickied to the tactics forum. Everyone who contributed something I use in this guide will be credited. The stickied thread that contains the complete guide WILL STILL be subject to change based on feedback. If anyone is not happy with it in any way PLEASE pm me and we will see what we can do to make it better. Thanks again to everyone for keeping this community friendly and awesome!

Hilde
Playstyle: Evasion, and Zone control(Anti-step etc) with a touch of guard crushing.
Execution: Medium to Hard
Pros:
High damage off good reads
Reasonably safe.
One of the Best CE's in the game.
Good meter gain.
Has tools for all ranges and all situations.
Her unblockables can lead to 100-0 situations.
Cons:
Some moves will whiff if the camera decides to spaz out or change view mid combo.
Oki is negligible
Weak punishing game (Outside of punishing normally safe spaced moves).
Requires good reads to stop rush-down.
Mix-ups aren't very threatening.
Her most damaging *stable* combo requires Japanese levels of execution.
Her most damaging combo requires Japanese Levels of execution as well as encyclopedic levels of knowledge about how the camera affects the combos.
At point blank, opponent's GI causes her CE to Whiff. (She can't GI CE for the win unless opponent has no meter to GI or is properly spaced)

Sorry this is taking so long! Between work and other commitments I have just not had time to get the guide up on here. I have everything written down, I just need to transpose it onto here in the format I want. I will have each character (in alphabetical order) with a spoiler next to them which will drop down all the information. I'm gonna try really hard to get it on here this week.

Back