Character specific strategies

I believe I remember attempting to 66A Ivy's 214B and whiffing...

I think it is bad enough on block to use k:B or b:A instead. I'll mess around with it Thursday...

just keep in mind Ivy can step in SE. for reference see some Judas (DR mitsu) vids vs Elizer.

i miss soulcalibur, a lot, so can anyone give advice on algol bubble patterns that does not include gi or parry?

you can jump over algol (if you anticipate/react to slow bubbles) w/ 9A+B. MST dashing under bubbles work too.

otherwise, smart stepping/8wayrun (don't back up!) and most importantly, patience (don't pitbull in!) is paramount in this matchup.

And I now realize that 214B forces crouch. Oh, bother.

66A can punish 214B, but only up close, farther away it starts whiffing...

That's not really cool. :|

As you said, she can step in SE so further out 66B and 4K become unreliable.

Oh, phooey.

I didn't see these in previous posts but they Kilik ones are so obvious it's hard to believe they weren't...:

Kilik
:sc1kil1: :(6)::A:,:A: (This is a very over-used telegraphing High/Low double horizontal)
:sc2mit3: :6::B::+::K:, :8:, w/e (as opposed to ducking then jumping and punishing)
or :(3):/:(9): :B: (Preferred because it doesn't let on to the opponent as much that you will not be hit by that crap)
:sc2kil2: :(8)::A:,:A:,:A: (High/Special Low(?)/Low Horizontal swings)
:sc2mit3: :6::B::+::K:, :8:, :8:, w/e (as opposed to ducking, jumping twice and punishing)

Cervantes
:sc1crv1: :4::B::+::K:/:(B)::+::(K): (Disappearing jump slash)
:sc2mit3: Relic~:B: (works great, move is performed when 'Vante is descending)
also Relic~:A::+::B::+::K: (works but timing is difficult)
:sc1crv1: :3::A:,:B: (Quick low sweep with a following rising slash that puts his back to you)
:sc2mit3: :G::+::9:, :B::+::K:, :(4)::(B):, :6::B: / :6::B:,:B: (god do I love doing that)

Back