Chronicles Of The Sword

SacredWarrior

[09] Warrior
Does anyone else here remember this mode and if so, did you enjoy it or hate it? Let us have a moment of silence for all who lost their save data by the way.......

I honestly really loved the mode and even after over a decade of playing it, I never get tired of it! I know the mode like the back of my hand but Good Lord it's pretty damn hard! So many Game Overs I've had because of SC3's insane AI -_-

I'm glad that Libra Of Soul in SC6 is similar to COTS and I hope for SC7, Bamco decides to continue the trend!

Chronicles of the Sword is one of the best modes in the series, but it only really works with the custom styles and job classes stats system. Libra of Soul really doesn't come close to capturing the same feeling, at least not my opinion. I did like the alternate side story too, seeing some fictional kingdoms war over the swords instead of being the same old same old, it was a fresh take. I really would liked to have seen them do more with it, but we got the infernal Tower of Lost Souls instead... and then Quick Battle... but Libra of Soul is a step in the right direction again, albeit with a canon story. I'd still like to see custom styles and alternative gameplay make a bigger return.

Gp0NMLc.jpg

I'd still like to see custom styles and alternative gameplay make a bigger return.
I'm not sure that'll happen. It hasn't happened since 3 and I'm pretty sure Bamco is too lazy to implement something like that again. Plus those custom styles would just piss off and annoy the competitive/hardcore crowd

Back