Civil War 4 Results

17 entrants at a major? this makes me sad. i really wish i could have made it out but with exams right around the corner it was unrealistic. i hope we can still get a strong showing at majors in the future.

Well Algol won a major...this game seems to be dying.

The game does seem to be dying, but it isn't because Algol won a major. Tiamat is just that fucking good. He is no slouch with Nightmare either. Ask anybody who has played him or watch this archived stream: http://www.twitch.tv/zero000/b/312010202

If people don't start showing up for these majors - note: ECT4 in NJ coming up - it will reflect very poorly on the community's interest in the game. If the community can't prove its interest, why would anyone else be interested? People MUST show up for majors.

Speaking of ECT4, if anybody wants to go, hit me up ASAP. Hotel rooms are disappearing.

I like SC5 and the community and respect them, (SCV did get a sword, after all) but I can't seem to get any traction in 3D game turnouts. Maybe it's an xbox thing, maybe it's I'm not a 3D player, maybe its that the RVA 3D scene is really small, maybe it's MLG on the same weekend (which they never talked to me about), or whatever.

I understand your frustration, and I wish there was a good way to avoid conflicts, but at this point there are "majors" every other week. If it was a big MLG event, I can see the issue, but I don't think it's fair to expect MLG to tip-toe around every single tournament just to have an 8-man invitational.

This is a growing problem in the FGC. We really need to start properly defining what's a major and what's a regional/local event. I'm not saying CW4 was or was not a major, but right now almost every tournament from 100 entrants to 2,000 entrants is considered a major. That shouldn't be the case.

As far as stream and what not. It's a logistics thing, MK was the lowest turnout tourney that got streamed, and it had 25 entrants and out of state comp (Chris G). The rest that were streamed had much more, and even then, we didn't finish the tourney till 1am.

I'm fine with SC5 not being streamed, especially if it only had 17 entrants. However, the schedule said the finals were streamed. I was unavailable that weekend and the archives on Own3d are terrible. Was top 4/8 for SC5 streamed or no? I'd like to watch if they were.

The game does seem to be dying, but it isn't because Algol won a major. Tiamat is just that fucking good. He is no slouch with Nightmare either. Ask anybody who has played him or watch this archived stream: http://www.twitch.tv/zero000/b/312010202

If people don't start showing up for these majors - note: ECT4 in NJ coming up - it will reflect very poorly on the community's interest in the game. If the community can't prove its interest, why would anyone else be interested? People MUST show up for majors.

Speaking of ECT4, if anybody wants to go, hit me up ASAP. Hotel rooms are disappearing.
I know what you're saying. I have been busy with school. I think people have drop the game because of the patches.

As a pretty knowledgeable person said, you can't just throw Road to Evo on everything and call it a major. Not a lot of none-Capcom people are sponsored and, on top of that, the games that aren't barely ever get anything along the lines of a guaranteed pot. I'm not saying that it's the TOs fault but it IS about the money; we all don't have cash to be throwing away 17 times a year just because we heard there's amajor going on, especially when, even if you make first, you can only hope hour pockets aren't hurt too badly.

Why do people keep letting Tiamat win tournaments? When I was in the area that never happened... hmmm...

Why do people keep letting Tiamat win tournaments? When I was in the area that never happened... hmmm...

haha

You were at the 2nd (and last) SC4 tournament I entered but I still won cause you couldn't get thru Winback's Kilik!

True lol. I tend to forget that tournament. Although I don't remember you ever winning a tournament were we actually had to face each other...

Back