Collector's Edition, Deluxe Edition, or Standard?

What version of the game are you picking up?

• Standard

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Deluxe

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Digital Deluxe

• Collector's Edition

• Combination of 2 or more

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

kyrt

whatever
Just curious what version of the game everyone is picking up.

Do you believe the collector's edition, deluxe edition, or standard edition is the best value and is there anything you wish they would have done differently for these editions. I am not counting store exclusive editions so no bonus talim figure, ivy pin, etc...

I was previously undecided on whether or not I want to pick up the standard edition and/or the collector's edition or the deluxe edition. The only two things I really care about are the artbook (which V's was pretty awful) and the season pass. Unfortunately they do not offer a means of getting both the art book and the season pass in the same package.

I'm really hoping the art book will have some unique art work not found in the game and if they have art from the story mode the art book will be more than worth it to me. I'm a fan of the artist.

I've gone ahead and decided to get the Collector's Edition PS4 (which means I'll also need to pick up the season pass), the Digital Deluxe (via Steam), and I'm picking up a standard copy as a birthday present for a friend...I'm buying the game 3 times. I sincerely hope that the game sells well to warrant Namco continuing to support it long term. I'm spending 300+ dollars total for this upcoming release...I'm at least doing my part to try and make it successful and I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think Okubo has done the best with the hand dealt to him.

So the issue here is the collector's edition which is 150 dollars for the following; base game, a really obnoxious collector's edition box, a metal case with a 4 line sound box, a lackluster and possibly poorly made Sophitia statue, a compilation soundtrack (no idea how many songs), and a 120 page art book (V had an image only on one of every two pages while the second page was often just the same image of a soul edge/soul calibur).

The Deluxe Edition comes with the metal case with 4 line soundbox, the soundtrack, the season pass (5 packs - 3 characters & 2 customization dlc), and the full game for a grand total of 100 dollars.

The online Deluxe Edition is slightly cheaper with just the Season Pass and the full game for 90.

The standard edition comes with nothing but the disc for 60.

To try and figure out the difference in cost (and also the potential price for the season pass) let's take a look at what we're getting differently in the season pass;

Sophitia statue, artbook, and collector's edition box are the only difference from the 100 dollar deluxe edition.

The differences from the deluxe edition to the online deluxe edition is a soundtrack and a metal case (plus a physical copy of the game) for only 10 dollars.

The season pass is likely 30 dollars.

The base game is 60 dollars.

The soundtrack is likely 5 dollars

The metal case is likely 5 dollars

Collector's edition box is likely 5 dollars

Sophitia statue is likely 50-60 dollars (possibly more based on it being a 12 inch statue)

art book is likely 10-20 dollars (we won't know til we see the quality whether it is something every page or if it's like V's where only half of the book is actually different art work)

As it stands the collector's edition definitely seems to be worth the price if you care for sophitia statue...otherwise you are overpaying if all you care about is the art book. If you do want the sophitia statue however you're probably paying about 20 or more dollars less than what everything costs.

Deluxe Edition because it comes with the season pass. The Collector’s Edition might actually be worth it if it came with the SP and had a better looking statue. I’m a sucker for artbooks though, alas, not this time.

I'm getting the Collector's Edition on PS4, for the physical goods, and the Digital Deluxe Edition on PC, to actually play.

I've also bought a second copy of the Digital Deluxe Edition on PC for a friend.

I'm getting the Collector's Edition, mostly because I want the art book, but the Sophitia statue might be nice as well. I fully expect the soundtrack to be incomplete, a sampler, like what was included in SoulCalibur V. I did enjoy the behind the scenes DVD from SoulCalibur V Collector's Edition, though, that was an interesting bonus. SoulCalibur IV Premium Edition also had some of the best CaS parts in its DLC bundle. I'm mostly getting it as a matter of tradition, though, and to show my support, but I kind of am a sucker for art books. I really wish the statue would have been of Nightmare, though, as that would have made it a lot better.

I preordered the Digital Deluxe on the PS4. Tira and the creation parts alone are the reason I got the deluxe version, but I'm eager to see what other characters are going to be in the season pass. I would also get it on PC if I had a good enough computer to run it on, but by the time that happens we would probably be seeing Soulcalibur VI: The Definitive Edition being sold. :P

Buying standard edition. Would want the deluxe edition, but I’d like to be careful with how I spend my money with this.

I can't get anything other than the standard right now. I live in Europe... specifically around Ireland/UK. Doesn't seem to be available...

Still not sure. If L-man and Hwang are DLC (and god forbid, a guest character for the last slot), then I'm getting standard and will pay for Tira separately. Otherwise, I'll probably get the deluxe if at least one more character I want is DLC.

Still not sure. If L-man and Hwang are DLC (and god forbid, a guest character for the last slot), then I'm getting standard and will pay for Tira separately. Otherwise, I'll probably get the deluxe if at least one more character I want is DLC.
I think it'll be Hwang, Setsuka, and a second guest for DLC, currently.

Will be getting the Collector's on X1, and at Best Buy where pre-ordering SCVI there gives you a mini Talim figure.

Back