Confirmed moves based on player testing and videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajimeOwari

[11] Champion
Based on Yoshi players testing and videos we've seen thus far, here is a list I've compiled. I have it in spreadsheet form as well and will be tracking any changes between games. Thanks for everyone's input so far in the SCR thread and video thread. Keep it coming.

Please note, these moves are confirmed based on player testing and videos. As these were early builds of the game, the moves are subject to change.

Another note, if you watch the Yoshi v. Hilde video, you'll see that one player pauses it and quickly browses through the move list. Some moves have been confirmed via that move list, but not through players and/or game play videos.

If you have any input, feel free to post it up. I'll be locking down this thread when the game releases, since we'll be able to do actual testing and confirm much of this ourselves by then.

• BE Note: Although it hasn't been officially defined on the forums yet, I'll be using the currently voted up notation for now which is (BE).

Edge Attacks:
  • CE / L - During the time Yoshi floats additional damage is dealt.
  • 3aB(BE) / MMM - Launcher. NC? NCc?
  • 6B(BE) / SL? - a version of iMCF.
  • 66A(BE) / MM - Considered a clean hit. NC? NCc?
Horizontals:
  • A
  • AA
  • a~B+K / H - Parting Thrust. This notation based on the in-game move list as seen in an SCR video.
  • 3A
  • 3AB / MM - Looks like SCIV Yoshi 3A, 6B. One can assume it will cause some sort of stun on NCc.
  • 2A
  • 2a:B
  • 1A series - unconfirmed if JF exists
  • 4A series - unconfirmed if JF exists
  • 214A - Still combos into DNK.
  • FC A
  • WS A / M - Looks like SCIV Yoshi's 22B without the spin. No STN or KND on CH.
Verticals:
  • B
  • BB
  • bA
  • 6B / M - Unclear on property changes, if any.
  • 3B / M - Launcher.
  • 2B
  • 1B_{B} / M - Damage appears reduced from SCIV on full charge? (source: Tira video from SCR)
  • 4B / M - Appears to still cause a forced crouch.
Kicks:
  • K
  • 6KK
  • 6K2K
  • 1K / M - Clean hit in SCV.
  • 4KB_{B}
  • WS K / M - Fast, mid knee. Properties unknown right now.
  • 7_8_9K / M - 7K knocks down now.
Simultaneous Press:
  • A+B
  • [A+B]K / M - Appears faster. Possibly more useful in SCV?
  • 6A+BBBB (aka DNK)
  • 2A+B
  • 2A+Bb
  • 9A+Bg
  • 9A+B?? / M / UB - Some new variant of this UB allows Yoshi to fly forward, then backwards. Presumably to catch opponents who run forward and underneath Yoshi to dodge the UB.
  • 9B+K
8 way run moves:
  • 66A / M - SCIV crumple stun property is gone (source: SCR video).
  • 22_88A / L - SCIV Yoshi's 11A perhaps? (source: SCR video, in-game move list)
  • 66B / M - SCIV Yoshi's 22B (or something that looks like it). Properties unknown.
  • 33B B+K A+B K aka Land Shark / MMHM - 33B has different properties. In one video, 33B stuns Tira on CH. In another video, 33B B+K launches and combos Hilde. It's uncertain if both will be final.
  • 44bB
  • 11B - Yes, this terrible move seems to be in the game. Let's hope it's improved.
  • 66A+B
  • 66A+B2B
Stances:
  • MED K / M - Launcher. Much faster than SCIV Yoshi's MED 1K. Unknown whether 8A+K will combo into it for sure.
  • MED A+B
  • FLE A
  • FLE B
  • FLE 66
  • DGF B
  • DGF K
  • SDGF A
  • SDGF B / M / UB - Is it me or has the range increased lightly?
    SDGF K:K
Throws:
  • Rainbow Drop
  • B+G4
  • B+G6
Unconfirmed Moves
  • 6A - Perhaps gone according to other players? Is there nothing in it's place?
  • a:B+K - The input has been replaced by Parting Thrust. Nobody has confirmed what this is.
  • 1A, 4A, and FC 1K JF series.
  • 236B
  • 3A+B_[A+B]
  • 3B+K:B
  • 9B+KK and variants
  • 33_99A - This move had different properties than 66A in SCIV. It's likely they merged it all into one, but no confirmation as of yet.
  • SCIV 66B - Promo videos showed this move in action, but reports show that it has been replaced with something that looks like SCIV Yoshi's 22B.
  • 44bA
  • 33_99K
  • 66B+K
  • INT stance and moves
  • REF stance and moves
  • MED A_B_6A+B A+B
  • FLE {B}_K
  • DGF A

6K2K is NOT in. NFK was mistaken.

44bA is in.

66B is in, its input is now 22B.

6A is now a spinning backfist that looks like the beginning of the life-sucking grab string. I accidentally did that throw a couple times, it might be that.

DGF A, B, K are in

SDGF A, B, K are in

FC1K, 1A, and 4A series are in, and I'm pretty sure the 4A JFs are in, never saw white flashes for the others.

22A is indeed SCIV Yoshi's 11A. I went over a bunch of other input changes in the SCR thread.

I was told by Filthie Rich that everything is subject to change, ESPECIALLY things like inputs for moves.

Thanks, Signia. Much of what is in that first post is from your post in the SCR thread. I'm just summarizing here so people won't have to dig around for various information.

I just remembered they gave Yoshi Mitsurugi's useless 22B+K for some reason. I forget the input though

Wow yoshi just looks like an upgraded version of his old self... Although I have yet to see any Tekken moves?

3AB BE goes into what looks like 66B? LOL Also 22/88k stuns on CH now providing for combo or CE?

His while rising game is fixed better than it used to be... Also his range seems to be longer... Overall he looks bigger than his last version.

Making 3AB safe now is very cool, and 33/99B stuns on CH? lol wow I cannot wait 5 more weeks to dig into this guy... Any yoshi mainers are defintely going to have a leg up on everyone else besides Sophy players because that B is almost exactly the same... Cept her TAS B is now TAS ABK and doesnt take 70% of your life...

SCV Yoshi looks more fun than ever with these new BE, CE, and Guard Crush incorporations! Also 1K looks beast!

Hey guys, how are Yoshi’s A+K moves input now that A+K is supposedly removed (replaced with A+B+K edge inputs)? I know I’ve seen 8A+K in the vids, and he seems to have at least fake running suicide 66A+K (suggesting he also has real running suicide 66(A+K))...

Hey guys, how are Yoshi’s A+K moves input now that A+K is supposedly removed (replaced with A+B+K edge inputs)? I know I’ve seen 8A+K in the vids, and he seems to have at least fake running suicide 66A+K (suggesting he also has real running suicide 66(A+K))...
His suicide is still 66A+K but 8A+K is just 8A now

So no actual 8A now? Hm, that was a good mixup with 9K. Oh well.
not really

8A was completely telegraphed from the start. The jump animation is completely different from 9K. The slow speed gives it away.

It's TJ frames also came in really late, so it's not really useful as a TJ either. 8A was just a gimmick, nothing more

not really. 8A was completely telegraphed from the start. The jump animation is completely different from 9K. The slow speed gives it away. It's TJ frames also came in really late, so it's not really useful as a TJ either. 8A was just a gimmick, nothing more
Meh, good points. I guess I just thought it was stylish, one more goofy Yoshimitsu move (a jumping low? LOL). But if I’m honest I can’t remember the last time I used it, so I’m not really bemoaning its expiration.

not really

8A was completely telegraphed from the start. The jump animation is completely different from 9K. The slow speed gives it away.

It's TJ frames also came in really late, so it's not really useful as a TJ either. 8A was just a gimmick, nothing more

8A was frame trap for iMCF ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back