if you find a favorite character
don't be hesitate and choice
And make a No.1 your character :)

Kura's my hero! <swoon> lol

Play NM next year pretty please :P

Yeah!!!
Kura is my favorites too...

Congratulation Kura!
I'm waiting for your next Talim's video (^_^)

I've picked up on his AA6B tactic. I'm starting to delay the 6B and not hit the last A. It's a really cool trick. I also find myself taking more advantage of her soul crushers.

I've picked up on his AA6B tactic. I'm starting to delay the 6B and not hit the last A. It's a really cool trick. I also find myself taking more advantage of her soul crushers.
I'm sorry if it's too late... Can anybody give the link of his match video?

It's not too late. I don't have links on me right now, but if you want you can just go to youtube and type "Kura Talim" in the search engine. It should bring up all his matches.

Ahahahahahhaaahhahahaha.

(Yeah I don't have much else to add. Lol.)

Team Scrub rises again! Not much to add to this. Lol.

I don't see what kind of a victory congratulations this can be considered... for celebrating getting second place O_o but I guess for Talim it's like celebrating getting out of jail and into parole.

wow thank you very much guys
the honor is more than I deserve :)

if I was to talk a word

I think stronger character or weaker character choice is not important
Important is that persevere in one´s efforts and passion for own character

if you find a favorite character
don't be hesitate and choice
And make a No.1 your character :)

I looked up one his matches online... him vs one of the Ivy players, and looking around a few more it's pretty obvious: Kura was a superior player than many of the people at the tournament. Tiers do matter it's an old age SETTLED argument. Especially in this game where the tiers are pretty wide in gaps. He had good bracket matchups and also the fortune of having tournaments being short sets.

But a win is a win, I guess. Even though half of the stuff he did was completely unsafe and should have been punished easily on reaction, but was not because his opponents never saw certain moves before.

I don't see what kind of a victory congratulations this can be considered... for celebrating getting second place O_o but I guess for Talim it's like celebrating getting out of jail and into parole.

Getting second place at Nationals is usually seen as a lot more reputable then getting first at most smaller tourneys. Sure it would've been great to see him get 1st at Nats with Talim, but that still doesn't take anything away from an otherwise outstanding performance. There's nothing wrong with giving props to those who've earned them. And I'm assuming you know yourself how hard it is to win with Talim. To have beaten so many well known accomplished players with her deserves recognition.

Kura was a superior player than many of the people at the tournament. Tiers do matter it's an old age SETTLED argument. Especially in this game where the tiers are pretty wide in gaps. He had good bracket matchups and also the fortune of having tournaments being short sets.

He tried using higher tier characters like Kilik also and didn't do so well. He was obviously most comfortable with Talim in the later sets. I believe character matchups are more important than tiers. In the case of his final opponent using Amy, Talim is a good match.

But a win is a win, I guess. Even though half of the stuff he did was completely unsafe and should have been punished easily on reaction, but was not because his opponents never saw certain moves before.

This is true. However, you have to take pressure and nerves into account as well. There are simply too many punishable moves in the game from each character for every player to remember them all. Normally you remember to punish the ones you can get the most damage from or that have a unique animation. This is also based on how often you've fought against a specific character.

They might have seen these moves before, but even in casuals, if you put enough pressure on your opponent using safe stuff, and throw in completely unsafe stuff here and there, no one will react and punish everything. Tack on the amount of tourney nerves and their reaction time/judgement is likely reduced considerably. Not to mention certain characters like Ivy can't punish extremely well and especially if they're in the wrong stance.

In summary, give the man credit. We all know it's nearly impossible to play Talim completely safe. it's just how she was designed. Blame Namco if you must, but take nothing away from the accomplishments of other players. Just think, this guy took 2nd at Nationals. Maybe other players can learn from him and help take the character we all love and get 1st at another tourney.

Kura;133480 I think stronger character or weaker character choice is not important Important is that persevere in one´s efforts and passion for own character [/QUOTE said:
EXACTLY! i first picked up talim in SC2 and fell in love with her ever since. last night i played a ranked online match (and won =) ), my opponent said "why'd you pick talim?" and that's when i thought about it...i told him that she's fun to use. that was the first time i actually contemplated about why i chose her......anyway, back on topic.

kura, again congrats, you give me something to aspire to be as a talim player. (not to sound to cheesey)

Back