Darkwings13 Artworks

Well, I've been drawing for a long time and I thought I would just share some of my artworks here on 8wayrun, since most of them is about Soul Calibur anyway (>^.^)
Please, if you have tips or critiques, tell me. I would love to hear your opinions and I know that I have areas I need to improve on as well. Anyway, here we go =)

Materials:
Wacom Bamboo tablet
Photoshop CS5 and CS6
Lead Pencil
Thin Permanent Marker
The Sacred Eraser
My creativity (which is often hindered by artist block)
delightful_gift_by_darkwings13-d63d4aj.jpg
This was drawn for Lissoya so please don't use it lol. Anyway, I did the lineart while waiting for my copper to get electroplated in my chem lab. Each trial took 45 mins so I had plenty of time to do this. Coloring was longer but I liked the shiny look of this piece.
together_under_the_moon_by_darkwings13-d5vbhor.jpg
Best thing in this picture is probably the transparent part of Viola's dress lol. The hardest part of the picture was actually Zwei's pants. I couldn't get those zigzags right and the color looks weird :/
talim_full_scv_concept__fanart__by_darkwings13-d5pt27y.jpg

I messed up the legs unfortunately (>T^T)
cat_meets_bat_by_darkwings13-d48bvg9.jpg

This was my first attempt at drawing chibis. Lo and behold, I missed the few white spots. But strangely enough, it foreshadows the smoke coming from Raph's feet for his SCV render. (>O.O) scary...
307n30l.jpg

I'm sure it's obvious by now how I feel about these two. (>-*u*-) This was actually a recolored version. The first one was done like two years ago and it was super hideous since it was my first time using photoshop. If you guys want, you can ask me to put the old one up so you can see how I've improved with using photoshop.
2lt1oua.jpg

My lastest artwork. Lilies in the background because they represent purity (>^.*)
Talim's hair and eyes are what I'm most proud of in this pic. Especially since they both took over twenty layers. Cuz I couldn't decide on how they should be colored and all lol. Is this pic too bright by the way? Should I darken it? Or add more shadows to her face? Did I go overboard with the eyelashes? *.*
35ix8v4.jpg

Currently working on this one. I've only got his eyes colored so it's still a long way to go. Especially since there's like 3 colors in his hair. That's going to be like ten or so layers. (>-__-)
One of my traditional styled art done in pencil. I found the pic in a magazine and sketced it for practice :D
sleeping_penguins_by_darkwings13-d3h114l.jpg
This is probably my best tradition work. It's the size of like half my dining table and it was a gift for a friend of mine. I took her pic off facebook and drew it but I did it in this style.
2mrb1w3.jpg
Oh yea, if I said I offered commission, would anyone be interested? ;D
Well probably not, I still have a long way to go until I'm good enough to offer commission (>;^^)

WOW! You're like a modern day Pacusso. (Srry, don't know how to spell it.)

Your welcome kindly, friend. :) Your one of the bet artists I've known. ^u^ (smile)
Nah, I've get a very long way to go lol. There's so much I still have to learn and improve on, but I'll keep working hard to improve. But really, I appreciate your words. Hug! (>^.^)>

Oh no, I'm not that great. Just average really (>;^^) Still have a very very very long way to go. I still have problems with drawing the anatomy sometimes. But thank you, Lucary and Ishimaru. Anyway... up next.
Siegfried
10da15z.jpg
This one was done for Slayer's birthday. IF anyone uses this besides him, I will CE you. Seriously. (>^_^) With love, darkwings13. Enjoy!

Oh no, I'm not that great. Just average really (>;^^) Still have a very very very long way to go. I still have problems with drawing the anatomy sometimes. But thank you, Lucary and Ishimaru. Anyway... up ne
10da15z.jpg
This one was done for Slayer's birthday. IF anyone uses this besides him, I will CE you. Seriously. (>^_^) With love, darkwings13. Enjoy!
Oh, don't be so modest. :) You've got great skill! :)
OH... My... GAWD! YAY MORE ARTWORK! YAY SIEGFRIED! YAY COMBONATION OF THOSE!

Back