Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Even if you recognize the string, it doesn't mean you'll counter it 100%, no matter if you're a good player or not. Do you think you can punish everything you see in SCV at every given opportunity? If so, you sir, are a machine and the best player ever if this is possible lol.

I really doubt you're able to do any of those options after getting that danger-zone wallsplat, as opponent is sent flying for combo'or to continue hitting combo'ee. Maybe after a regular wallsplat, but not all those explosions. If you think that walldamage is fine, that's interesting. Even considering the actual limbo "combo", with all risks of not being as guaranteed.. not doing as much damage as say, knocking them right into the wall and using a combo ender for extended combo after they're blown from the wall? Plus, in DOA5 it's so easy to knock people around and get that free damage since there are danger zones everywhere.. and danger zones leading into others (i.e., knocking them into a hanging car, car will explode, and a giant metal beam falls and hits opponent, another explosion...).

Like I said, if this is what DOA's always been about, I'm going to abuse the hell out of it. It's just way too good. Why bother with risks that have less damage output if the game's designed with something else in mind?

-ASZ

Guide to being successful at 3.1/5 alpha.

Step 1. Get opponent to wall.

Step 2. Laugh

Even if you recognize the string, it doesn't mean you'll counter it 100%, no matter if you're a good player or not. Do you think you can punish everything you see in SCV at every given opportunity? If so, you sir, are a machine and the best player ever if this is possible lol.

I really doubt you're able to do any of those options after getting that danger-zone wallsplat, as opponent is sent flying for combo'or to continue hitting combo'ee. Maybe after a regular wallsplat, but not all those explosions. If you think that walldamage is fine, that's interesting. Even considering the actual limbo "combo", with all risks of not being as guaranteed.. not doing as much damage as say, knocking them right into the wall and using a combo ender for extended combo after they're blown from the wall? Plus, in DOA5 it's so easy to knock people around and get that free damage since there are danger zones everywhere.. and danger zones leading into others (i.e., knocking them into a hanging car, car will explode, and a giant metal beam falls and hits opponent, another explosion...).

Like I said, if this is what DOA's always been about, I'm going to abuse the hell out of it. It's just way too good. Why bother with risks that have less damage output if the game's designed with something else in mind?

-ASZ

From the demo Hayabusa has really good instant launch options that can lead to damage. His launchers are much faster that lead to that damage anyway.

The wall needs to stay the way it is honestly in a game like DoA where the holds can be used at anytime. If you have a tool that can be used to stop momentum at 90% of the time you need ways to get damage that doesn't lean towards it. So far the holds do very low damage unless it's an advanced counter and at the least CH or HCH.

For the time being they have taken out ground bounce combos so not sure if they will put that back in the game or not. After wall splats you can get a small wall combo btw. Hitomi gets p,p,p and I think busa gets his air throw which all tack on decent damage for post combo.

The thing I noticed the most is that everything doesn't stun and you can actually slow escape most of the stuns forcing people to fully commit to extending mini stuns. The thing now is that there are moves that leave the opponent in a pure guessing situation of take small launch for minimal damage or get thrown for massive damage.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is but I'd like a "perfect" stun state added that can guarantee the next hit at least for the first couple of frames (it'd be a very small window but a window where you can attack completely unopposed). Can't do anything huge in it but they would be unable to execute a counter after being put into the state.

There ought to be an opportunity for guaranteed combos, even if they're few and far between.

Why did they decide to put this on the PS3?? The last DOA Game on a Sony Platform is DOA2 Hardcore for the PS2...

Tomonobu Itagaki only made it for the Xbox & the 360

Back