Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Dead of Alive still seems to be more flash than substance and five doesn't seem to change that much. Here's hoping we'll see more in the coming months that fleshes any important changes to the gameplay that expands and deepens DoA's fighting.

By the way, if Pai and Sarah are confirmed guest characters (and not part of the twelve confirmed female characters), there's a good possibility that Momiji will be playable in DoA5.

well, we know for sure that Sarah's gonna be in game. i don't think they'd just show her in a trailer and then dismiss her. and i'm praying for Pai Chan. she was my main in VF5. would be nice to see her and Kokoro or Lei Fang on a team. i'm positive this game's gonna have tag because it's 4 players. at least i'm pretty sure. it's mostly speculation off of what i've seen so far.

There is a TAG mode!

I Hope the VF girls get a Bikini also (cuz u know I'm getting the CE) and I hope the bikinis mean there is a beach stage... Which would look amazing with these new graphics!

Dead of Alive still seems to be more flash than substance and five doesn't seem to change that much. Here's hoping we'll see more in the coming months that fleshes any important changes to the gameplay that expands and deepens DoA's fighting.

By the way, if Pai and Sarah are confirmed guest characters (and not part of the twelve confirmed female characters), there's a good possibility that Momiji will be playable in DoA5.
There's already been more than enough written on how the game is being tuned to be competitively viable over at FreeStepDodge.

Yeah I gotta say I disagree with almost everything Dr. Dogg said there.

What I don't like is the way so many points are made dogmatically. It's like preaching. "As we all know, the good and proper FGC thinks xxx is good and yyy is shit and, of course, we are all in the know as to what makes a good, viable, competitive fighting game..."

It's just BS, but you can't argue with that kind of reasoning. I'll wager anyone who tries to disagree with his main FGC points just gets hounded by the mob until they shut up.

Sorry for the late response. I didn't realize there was a DOA5 thread here.

You're welcome to disagree with everything I wrote. However, we've seen what happens when DOA plays like it always has. It gets no tournament love unless there are large amounts of money involved, and even then it really doesn't get much love.

The changes I've suggested would not remove what makes DOA unique, but it would allow for the competitive players to remove some of the forced guessing and apply more conventional strategies. If you still want to play the old DOA4 stun game, you can... but it would be optional, and with these changes I'd be able to severely punish you for guessing wrong. Meanwhile, I would have a way around the forced guessing if you tried to impose that play style on me.

I don't think any of that is a bad thing...

Just as they keep Sarah at "frame trap all day, err day" I'll be fine.

I would be shocked if she doesn't get hit hard with the nerf stick. I would also be ridiculously happy, and I don't even play Sarah.

I think that there are 11 characters left to reveal: Brad, Eliot, Jann - Lee, Helena, Lisa, Gen Fu, Leon, 2 new characters Mila and Rig and I heard that Alpha - 152 will return and Pai from Virtua Fighter 5 will join the roster as the third guest character....I think that the roster is satisfactory....!!! :D

Keep in mind, the leaked list is pretty old and may not be 100% accurate...

[notice]Thread cleansed. Keep off-site bickering off of this site.[/notice]

To get us back on-topic:

Bayman looks extremely manly, and I'm going to main him when the game comes out. This will be my first DOA game, and I have no idea how he plays, or how the game system plays, or how he benefits from it, or any of that stuff. What am I going to be in for while playing Bayman?

Nice, any images? His fighting style?

Actually yes just got uploaded also seems to include a picture of one of the CE outfits i think.
Looks like a karate user maybe he replaced Ein?
8BTaR.jpg

To get us back on-topic:

Bayman looks extremely manly, and I'm going to main him when the game comes out. This will be my first DOA game, and I have no idea how he plays, or how the game system plays, or how he benefits from it, or any of that stuff. What am I going to be in for while playing Bayman?

Really big damage output.

Some vids of my matches at E3.

To get us back on-topic:

Assuming he doesn't get toned down... BIG damage! The opponent will have one chance to guess right with a counter, then you take 50%. He's slow, but has some evasion with his forward Tank Roll and side rolls. There are some match vids with Rikuto playing him from the E3 event on the IPL DOA Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/ipldoa

EDIT: Beaten...

Dead or Alive 5 Has an Updated Photography Mode
Plus, first details on newcomer character Rig.
http://andriasang.com/con1om/doa5_photo_mode/
56c6b9110688e979492b4847d54c2ab2.jpg
8BTaR.jpg
When you're not pounding and pounding and pounding (and pounding and pounding) away at Lei Fang and Kasumi in Dead or Alive 5, you'll be able to snap still pics of them. DOA5 features a photography mode, Famitsu says this week. Using an improved control system over previous DOA photo modes, you'll be able to set your favorite angle and snap a still pics of the fight.

You're not just limited to still pics, of course. The game also allows you to play back your replays. You're free to zoom in and change angles, meaning you can place the focus on your favorite parts.

If you plan on doing away with the fighting all together, the game also gives you full zooming and angle control when watching CPU fights.

As reported earlier, Famisu also has a look at Bass and newcomer Rig. The latter character is a Taekwondo fighter from Canada.

Back