Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Sure. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to a water park with my family tonight, and the Internet at the hotel will probably be ass. But I'll be home tomorrow night.

Gotcha, I should be available after a friend's b-day tomorrow. Not sure on my Saturday plans yet (might finally see Django...).

Amanda said:
Thx for the response =)
Yeah sure im gonna hit ya up, as soon as i get the new patch on XBL

No problem, anytime! I only have DOA4 on 360 though. I'll try and see if I can get DOA5 for cheap on the 360, hopefully before ver. 1.04 releases on XBL.

All you XBox 360 players should pray that TN has the sense to release v 1.03 on the console untouched. It's arguably the best version of the game (save maybe the E3 version).

Even with the 90% combos?
From a competitive point of view, all big damage does is emphasize the neutral game more. This means that players will be forced to up their neutral games and avoid being random.

Look at the games that have been on the competitive FG circuit the longest, a good number of these are high damage games. Heck Super Turbo, the longest lived competitive fighting games has 100% combos for the entire cast. Not only does high-risk/high-damage promote more competitive play, it's also more hype for those involved. The environment it fosters, the pressure involved, is something in itself that players enjoy. Part of winning in a tournament involves learning to deal with that pressure.

From a competitive point of view, all big damage does is emphasize the neutral game more. This means that players will be forced to up their neutral games and avoid being random.

Look at the games that have been on the competitive FG circuit the longest, a good number of these are high damage games. Heck Super Turbo, the longest lived competitive fighting games has 100% combos for the entire cast. Not only does high-risk/high-damage promote more competitive play, it's also more hype for those involved. The environment it fosters, the pressure involved, is something in itself that players enjoy. Part of winning in a tournament involves learning to deal with that pressure.
But surely not everybody enjoys it. The anti-tekken base has traditionally been built on a rejection of that form of play. I think this is going to get patched out and then we're going to see some very mad folks.

(Btw, I'm not voicing an opinion one way or the other, since I can't actually play this patch and see what it's like for myself. Just playing devil's advocate. I think, knowing the way that the world works, that you're not going to get what you want. I hope you're ready if that happens.)

I've trying to find matches and I find the same snotty A$$ kids on xbox. Just looking for some older people play against.

But surely not everybody enjoys it. The anti-tekken base has traditionally been built on a rejection of that form of play. I think this is going to get patched out and then we're going to see some very mad folks.

(Btw, I'm not voicing an opinion one way or the other, since I can't actually play this patch and see what it's like for myself. Just playing devil's advocate. I think, knowing the way that the world works, that you're not going to get what you want. I hope you're ready if that happens.)
Most of the time, the "anti-Tekken" base has mostly missed the point and not realized what I wrote in my previous post.

Also, the high-risk/high-damage also addresses one of the biggest problems with competitive DOA - the fact that parts of the game still reward randomness and guessing. With higher risk, people are now forced to play more deliberately. Less about doing flashy/risky stuff, more about doing the right moves at the right times and the maximizing the output from that.

If I get DoA5+, where should I focus first on if I plan on maining Bayman?

I would most likely focus around implementing his holds, both offensive and defensive. His strengths are in his ability to punish players that play predictably or use predictable strikes. Bayman lacks the speed to supress an opponent outright, but similar to Bass, he has some good guard pressure attacks to mount and continue an offense (like 66P+K or 236K).

Essentially you can play Bayman offensively with guard pressure attacks or play him defensively with holds or the use of crush attacks & the tank rolls to avoid opponents' offense. It's mainly about compensating for his speed. Another note is that Bayman is really good at wall pressure and can sneak in extra damage with his ground throw after some knockdowns.

Gotcha, I should be available after a friend's b-day tomorrow. Not sure on my Saturday plans yet (might finally see Django...).

No problem, anytime! I only have DOA4 on 360 though. I'll try and see if I can get DOA5 for cheap on the 360, hopefully before ver. 1.04 releases on XBL.
Its ok, im sure that you/me have some other games till then to enjoy/play;)
is the psn community larger then the xbox?
Hmm...hope it helps!
On gamefaqs there are some nice people to...i just post the PS3 and XBOX Boards, if it helps..
ps3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5
xbox
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/936978-dead-or-alive-5
Even with the 90% combos?
Dont let it bother you if the characters can do some 90% combos, hell..look at KoF 13/sf xt/BB/AH3/TTT2 etc.
These games cant live without this combos..and its real fun to pull them out.

DoA5 is on sale at Gamestop for $30. Don't know how long though
Yeah I saw this yesterday. Tried to get my friend to buy it, he didn't have any money. I may just go buy it for him. Just thought I should note for anyone that might think otherwise that's 30 dollars, new, not used. If you don't have it it's an excellent time to check it out. Maybe pick it up for a friend that's on the fence.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dead-or-alive-5/100137
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/dead-or-alive-5/100136

I would most likely focus around implementing his holds, both offensive and defensive. His strengths are in his ability to punish players that play predictably or use predictable strikes. Bayman lacks the speed to supress an opponent outright, but similar to Bass, he has some good guard pressure attacks to mount and continue an offense (like 66P+K or 236K).

Essentially you can play Bayman offensively with guard pressure attacks or play him defensively with holds or the use of crush attacks & the tank rolls to avoid opponents' offense. It's mainly about compensating for his speed. Another note is that Bayman is really good at wall pressure and can sneak in extra damage with his ground throw after some knockdowns.

Got it.

DoA5 is on sale at Gamestop for $30. Don't know how long though

I'm actually in Canada where it's currently $40 new -_-. Dunno when the next $30 sale will pop up on Ebgames.ca. Would be cool if the American & Canadian Gamestop sales were at the same time.

Yeah I saw this yesterday. Tried to get my friend to buy it, he didn't have any money. I may just go buy it for him. Just thought I should note for anyone that might think otherwise that's 30 dollars, new, not used. If you don't have it it's an excellent time to check it out. Maybe pick it up for a friend that's on the fence.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dead-or-alive-5/100137
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/dead-or-alive-5/100136
Well plus taxes, $32.46. Even better you get an online pass and still save money than buying pre-owned. Also trade in games, make the game cheaper :D
I'm actually in Canada where it's currently $40 new -_-. Dunno when the next $30 sale will pop up on Ebgames.ca. Would be cool if the American & Canadian Gamestop sales were at the same time.
Sorry for the misinformation bro. :/ Gamestops should be similiar in pricings though.

Not much of a surprise that Smash Bros. wins. More shocking, perhaps, is that Soul Calibur 5 lost to DOA5 and didn't get to stick around for more than a year at EVO. Shame.

Back