Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

I'm having problems completing Raijin, especially on the third input. Any tips?
I'm not sure if you played DOA4 but you where allowed to do the Raijin with some leniency in the directional input in that game. This game seems to need clean inputs for it. A perfect half circle, plus sign and X are required to pull it off. I use a combination of analog stick and Dpad to do it.

On 360 I use Analog stick, Dpad, Analog stick and I can get it fairly consistently.
On PS3 I use the Dpad, Dpad, Analog Stick+a little prayer that he finishes the throw lol.

Unless you are doing the Command Training I highly recommend just going with the Nakiryuu. Saves you a ton of frustration.

I'm not sure if you played DOA4 but you where allowed to do the Raijin with some leniency in the directional input in that game. This game seems to need clean inputs for it. A perfect half circle, plus sign and X are required to pull it off. I use a combination of analog stick and Dpad to do it.

On 360 I use Analog stick, Dpad, Analog stick and I can get it fairly consistently.
On PS3 I use the Dpad, Dpad, Analog Stick+a little prayer that he finishes the throw lol.

Unless you are doing the Command Training I highly recommend just going with the Nakiryuu. Saves you a ton of frustration.
I'm doing Command Training, so... yeah, I have to.

Saw a TFC advertisement in the information ticker on the main menu.

That is awesome.

... About time.

I wish more companies advertised their tournies.

I'm rather annoyed, I lost to an aggressive Ayane spammer using just neutral and forward strings. With Momiji it's a lot harder to abuse certain strings for counter hit fishing, and I felt stuck running jabs all through the match. It's rather annoying. I'm still looking for ways to get in and prep certain attacks that are pretty useful like 44K or 214P, but often I'm using the DJ guard breaks and I feel this is going cause problems later on.

Momiji's got long range on her kicks, but nothing feels that solid yet. H+K is fast and high, so not a good option against Ayane's evasive stuff. I think 4K would be useful, but I'm unsure if it beats out the jab trading going on.

It often feels like lot of Momiji's moves and strings are meant for combo filler. She's got a lot of strings that don't feel like useful pokes.

It's not that, it's that R3 can't be used. That's really the only problem I have - Raijin on two analog sticks is nothing. Raijin on one, however...

It's not that, it's that R3 can't be used. That's really the only problem I have - Raijin on two analog sticks is nothing. Raijin on one, however...
Interesting. I've had people recommend double analog sticks to me back in 08' with DOA4. My brain almost exploded at the frustration from trying that. Once I broke it down into shapes it became increasingly easier for me to do on one stick.

It was on DOA4. I've never tried on DOA5.

Edit: It doesn't work on 360 either.

Last edited:
http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2013/09/state-of-doa-address-rachel-report.html

The entire game is mixups on mixups... I've had my 6P sidestepped and even backwalked out of after stomp whiff. Tech backwards then start rolling the dice... I just don't know why Rach's supposed to be broke.

To be honest it kind of reminds me of Mitsu, you get put in a really %^&*ty position after 2KB BE, if he does 2A+B and you block it's only like -2 and you'll probably eat a 1B to the face.

Viola SET 6B+K is worse IMO... since it's more of a timing mixup, if she's close enough she can just 3A and you can't do jack. And then if we're really pushing it, supposedly she can JG if you GI her in that instance...

I dunno man. Though, DOA seems to be good for me. This all-or-nothing prediction stuff is pretty gnarly.

http://blackmambamoan.blogspot.com/2013/09/state-of-doa-address-rachel-report.html

The entire game is mixups on mixups...

I dunno man. Though, DOA seems to be good for me. This all-or-nothing prediction stuff is pretty gnarly.

This is so true from Mamba:
This is not appealing to the competitive fighting game scene. (Hence why tournaments have low numbers and people only showing up when large amounts of money is on the line) With Rachel, she MAKES DOA5U. She takes away this bad aspect of the game, and is why DOA players complain about Rachel because, in conclusion, they just want to be able to press buttons all day...

Keep it up Mamba and Good Luck to the Old Vet`s against the New DoA kids on the upcoming Tourney =)

Mamba and I are divided on this subject quite a bit, but we both basically want the same thing.

We both want characters to be strong like this, but I feel without throw breaks it becomes too much. If throw breaks are put into the game, I am all for it, but if not I feel that kind of mixup is a little too frustrating.

After all, basically any action will put you in that blender, throws holds or strikes. Nothing special really has to happen for Rachel to start messing with you.

Mamba and I are divided on this subject quite a bit, but we both basically want the same thing.

We both want characters to be strong like this, but I feel without throw breaks it becomes too much. If throw breaks are put into the game, I am all for it, but if not I feel that kind of mixup is a little too frustrating.

After all, basically any action will put you in that blender, throws holds or strikes. Nothing special really has to happen for Rachel to start messing with you.
Yeah throw breaks would be awesome.

Back