Death Star - Discussion/Q&A Sector

Hey guys, I'm new to Vader. I have problems VS people who step a lot and rush me down =/ what is the best choice for close combat except for 1BA and FC 2A? Also, how to overcome his lack of good step killers? This is what bothers me most.

"Well now Juece, i can see that you're more of a turtle style Vader. Only attacking when absolutely necessary and guaranteed. I used to be one myself in the early days of SC4 because that Force Parry just seemed too good.

Now what you can do to improve your style is to space more. Since you would rather defend and counter rather than being the aggresor, this is very important. Use 4B, 4K, FCA+B, 8WRA+B and even 236A+B if necessary to get your breathing room(no pun intended) If they get absolutely in your face, 1BA, A+G, and Force Parrys will be what saves you. Oh yeah, and don't forget to step. Vader's step is VERY good. Use it and run circles around your opponent.

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT SPAM FORCE PARRY IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE. One thing i noticed in our battles is that you were very aGI happy with that, so i waited til you GIed air and got myself a free combo. Here are a few options if you want to bait your opponent into an aGI: 4K, 6BB, 4B and WS2A. Of course these aren't guaranteed, but you can generally get most people with these baits. Just ask anybody i've played XD

Chances are though, with this style, you'll be getting A LOT of CF's, so throw in a splash 11B and you should be fine. Let me know how this works out. ;)" By shin-megiddo

It applies to my turtle style of play but since you want help spacing it should help you none the less but you should probably read through each thread because a lot questions you may have could already be answered. You have any question you can ask me directly

Damn, a shame Oof didn't make it to the finals. Even the commentators were saying how cool it woulda been to see Star Wars up on the big screen.

Myself and OOF got to play each other in person @EVO, he is a stand up guy with a good attitude, he pasted the floor with my rusty ass Yoshi, but i must say our Vader vs Vader matches were quite memorable and worthy of archive, unfortunately they weren't recorded..camera batteries were low :(

Soul crush info questions

So I was reading vader's soul crush info, and I'm kinda confused. What do the numbers mean exactly?

Soul crush info questions

The numbers are the amount of times the move needs to be blocked until it Soul Crushes, from the default green orb (start of the match).

Is it possible to win consistently with Vader without a good amount of 1BA use? It seems to annoy a lot of people but i dont see him being competetive without it

random: im in training and noticed that whenevr i pick my custom vader (2P with glowy lightsaber) I end up with 1p (cape) and a glowy lightsaber in the match? Whys that?

NDK916: Without 1BA, yes. Without 1B on its own though, that would be harder. He needs 1B for his frame traps, since everything else is pretty slow.

But otherwise if you switch your game to a more spacing style with good use of 4B, rather than rush down, I can imagine it would be possible to win even without 1B.

spongebob: Wierd, never seen that happen before.

NDK916: Without 1BA, yes. Without 1B on its own though, that would be harder. He needs 1B for his frame traps, since everything else is pretty slow.

But otherwise if you switch your game to a more spacing style with good use of 4B, rather than rush down, I can imagine it would be possible to win even without 1B.

spongebob: Wierd, never seen that happen before.

oh it seems yu cant get a capeless vader in matches. 2p vaders only capeless when its changes to a match after uve selected the characters. Wierd i swear ive seen capeless vader b4 in a macth tho.

Back