[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

I imagine it'll be announced eventually, but it's not my place to say. Will just say that, hopefully, lots of Frenchies will be getting scuffed up at NEC.

Well, if other are bring the drinks, then maybe, for this one, i wont......... Nah.. why would i even do that..lol My time off has been approved.. So I am there...

FYI you can now register for NEC XII online. You can purchase a venue reg ticket and/or one of the 5 games inlcuding SC4.

So I'm gonna practice for this a little. I wanna play a FT5 with pretty much everyone I haven't had the pleasure of playing with before, if nobody has a problem indulging me in casuals. Even with a little practice, I'm probably "free"; but hey I'll see how a year a half of no comp/no practice does for me.

Also, I'll be bringing a couple of my EVO monitors for this to sell the community on the idea that we ought to accept the coming HDTV gaming revolution which Soul Calibur is way way behind, even compared to other fighting games.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

-Idle

we are trying to upgrade to the asus monitors. we are fully aware of the wonders of lagless hd tourney gaming. but some people like the tekken community won't have that. can't make everyone happy i guess.

What kind of upside down world do we live in now where SC laughs at Tekken for tourney number draws?
I used to be a part of the Tekken community long long ago; and frankly they make some people down at the nursing home look progressive at times.

Anyways Hubbs, I wasn't advocating we change the tournament standard to the asus monitor necessarily (also Jaxel will pitch a fit if we do that I suspect, judging by his reaction in the HDTV thread), I just wanted to sell people on the idea that we ought to consider changing before SC5 comes out so we can avoid the fight in the future among the tournament players, since the newbies to the scene aren't the ones who are going to bitch.

-Idle

I'm not saying DONT use the EVO monitors. If we can get about 6-8 of those monitors for SC5 streams at Philly events, I'm all for it. What I'm saying is that we can't make those EVO monitors a "standard"... even the EVO series doesn't make them a "standard". Its impossible to force tournament organizers to upgrade their televisions, when the old televisions still work without issue. I also know that we cant run the stream on those EVO monitors unless we spend about $500 getting new equipment on top of it.

That being said... those EVO monitors have about 5ms of lag... which realistically is LAGLESS. Anyone who complains about the lag on those monitors is LYING, or mental. (me saying they are shitty monitors has nothing to do with their tournament viability) If the Soul Calibur or Tekken community complains about 5ms of lag, they need to get their heads out of their asses.

Anyone who complains about the lag on those monitors is LYING, or mental. (me saying they are shitty monitors has nothing to do with their tournament viability) If the Soul Calibur or Tekken community complains about 5ms of lag, they need to get their heads out of their asses.
You just need to get your math right. 5 ms isn't 0 ms.

So no one else noticed that Malek is now a yes? Wonder who he's bringing with him this time. Hope it's not an Ivy player.

Back