[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

Currently awaiting an update about how many actual French people are coming. If it ain't more than 6 Lolo me and u are gonna go at it and whoever else for that spot that aint my own NY peeps. At least one of the members of that team is gonna earn that spot. Straight up.

I also want a bootleg as salty suite for SC4 matches like SF does. I have a couple French people I wanna run through since I hear u guys actually called quite a few people free other than me as well. Fuck that quiet frontin as routine bullshit some of u try to pretend to be on. Where yall at. I wanna see some bets and shit backing up those mouths.

I'm not rich but I want in on Scud vs Woahhzz MM bet as well. I also want any of the French that wanna go at it in a MM as well.

LP: The statement about typhoon performing better than me is actually false. I missed that one.

I'm just going by what Malek says. All I know is people need to stop shitting on Typhoon. I can say he upped my game more than any other Chicago player and, if you want to doubt him, we can go ahead and play a ft5 for 50, Malek. I mean, you've played with Maxou, so it should be a cakewalk, right?

Singles:

Thuggish 1st, RTD 5th, S-U 9th or 13th (can't remember but i think its the latter), Typhoon and Esom I believe where somewhere in the 20's, and KDZ never qualified.

Teams:

Neither Thuggish nor RTD had to compete until the order was switched by KDZ when we were matched up against the team mentioned earlier which Kira provided earlier which is exact.

National Teams:

All of us got bodied by Malek.

If u want some other juicy bits I played Furzy in a MM (I won 5-3) already which happened to be the exact same room I was in for almost 80% of my time there because we were having so much fun. The other 20% me Thuggish and Typhoon spent with the italians.

I also remember destroying Dina in a MM 4-0 until I think he got 2 on me and I beat him 5-2 when he was a Hilde user. Dina beat RTD the entire trip in MM's, teams, etc. until RTD beat him when it counted the most in the singles tournament.

Docvizzo beat me 5-2 in out MM then I beat him 3-0 in Furzy's room. He also performed really bad in the singles prob behind all the americans but KDZ. In fact Malek also was prob behind all the Americans in Singles besides KDZ if I remember correct.

Thuggish beat everyone with the exception of losing to Keev in winners (but he beat him in losers) and took the whole thing. He also lost to Maxon earlier but then exposed him for the player he was in the GF's. I lost to Keev as well on winners and daggoth in losers by the exact same move Ramon used to exploit against me just like Malek mentioned. I think I even got ringout by it twice and losy 1-2.

I tied with Belial in MMs which is by far the strangest results for MMs ever. I won 5-2 first one, he won second one 5-1, I won 5-0 third one, and he won last one 5-4 last round last hit. Pretty funny as it left us both confused and mad respect for each other. Belial is the only person that Thuggish actually lost to. Some Italian Voldo also almost beat the both of us in sequence in a MM each but Thuggish managed to take the win. I'm sure Thuggish remembers this as what happened was hilarious. Yall think Canada are throw spammers ask Thuggish about this one haha.

Some more tidbits:

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MALEK THE FRENCH HAVE BEEN FREE IN THE U.S:

At the time the French came to the U.S the tournaments in France for quite some time were. 1. Saitoh 2. DTN 3. Keev 4.Kayane for quite some time which mattered cause there tournaments were almost always 80-90 people. All of them failed horribly in the U.S except Malek who won both the French Invitational and Evo. It was actually strange because Malek was considered weak at the time.

At this point Malek had some kind of Halo around him that was just Golden against the U.S but poor in his own country. Later down the road though Malek and those who accompanied him, Dina, Kira, and Docvizzo all did poor (this was the one RTD won with Apprentice). So ultimately the French are free in the U.S except Malek who won Evo and placed 2nd at FSAK since he is the only one that did good over here.

SC4 can be broken down into three portions. When the game was alive and when the game was dead (which is what it is considered to be now). KDZ and Thuggish were actually the best SC4 players during the time it was alive in the U.S and the Jaxeldome was the home of the killers. After Evo results things started to change starting at Nationals and there on. Were just gonna skip this phase which was when I became the new hotness with Nats, GU, and a little bit after. Ultimately Thuggish still was the best of everything. RTD started to pick up steam and then the game fell off.

Around this time Woahhzz began to beast at whatever was left (really small tournaments that almost no one was present at) which is why he was doubted for some time. However the few left over big events to moderate events we had he showed how consistent his skills were with FSAK etc.

Essentially: First Phase: (up to Evo) KDZ/Thuggish/Ceirnian in America, Middle Phase: (up to FSAK) Thuggish/RTD/S-U, End Phase: RTD/Thuggish/Woahhzz

I was always up there but I choked the most leaving me with more 2nds and 3rds than the rest.

Considering that they're are more than enough players to make a team... Why aren't anyone challenging Team Canada?

TeamUSA, TeamFrance, and TeamCanada.....

I'm Lost...... Or does TeamCanada not matter at this point? (Not a diss)

I would want there to be a team Canada, but I don't think we have enough Canadian going for this (only 3). Unless we do something like France vs US, vs other countries. Now it 6vs6?

My time is limited, so I will address each one of you as I have time.

this is what im talking about.
fuck yeah!

Malek said:
2010 was Hilde festival during all team battle.

True, and the 2011 NEC world tournament will be an Ivy festival. I've begun preparations to make her the target.

S-U: when i saw you play online, i had suggested to bring you out and you've proved to be one of the best players in a short time. you've made me proud. but i'd suggest that you focus on the main tournament. there will be too many Kilik killers on team Europe and beating another North East player won't convince me otherwise.

For the rest of you trying to determine team North America, you'll need to refocus your efforts.

basically, playing your buddy for a spot on the team won't prove jack.

DK and Ramon play all the time. if one beats the other, so what?

just in case you haven't been paying attention, Malek won Evo and OCV'd team U.S.A.

Rumor has it that Scud will be unleashed to abolish our continent while the rest of Europe drinks beer and eats pop corn.

The French has full confidence in their assassin and their betting potential hasn't been matched by their North American counterparts.

Also, 33 percent of team Europe will consist of Ivys. If Saitoh decides to drop Astaroth, make that 50 percent.

Even Woahhzz playing Ivy has become 'too much' for North America to handle.

is any of this making sense?

So what I'm getting at is that we need some certified Ivy killers. If you're good enough to handle Ivy, you can handle any character in the game. Not only that, your candidacy will be submitted to the top of the list for a team North America nomination.

To determine these killers, we could just play Woahhzz and NoFaceKiller in a 1st to 5 to see who does better.

But we may have enough to go on because Dream Killer, Ramon and MTFighter have solid track records of beating high class Ivy's in tournament play.

LP is also anti-ivy.

I believe in them.

Don't ask me why, but I believe in Oofmatic too.

As people in your region if they are looking to carpool.
yeah trying to work that out now but since it's like a nine hour drive and my sense of direction is horrible I think it's best to just take the bus. it's only 65 going up and back. the only thing I'm worried about now is rooming and of course being in such a huge city and finding my way to the hotel...

yeah trying to work that out now but since it's like a nine hour drive and my sense of direction is horrible I think it's best to just take the bus. it's only 65 going up and back. the only thing I'm worried about now is rooming and of course being in such a huge city and finding my way to the hotel...

All you have to do to get to philly is take i95 north. You can't get lost going straight. If you do, then god help you.

If you are going to take greyhound, let me know and i will help you out.

Will always say that no one will let you go roomless if you come...but don't expect too many rooms full of females...or much space.

RTD:

I believe I already stated that I'm not gonna fight either of my NY mates for that spot just on principle. If they were chosen both of them can have it. I won't compete against them for a spot. I'm also not gonna compete against or doubt Woahhzz, Thuggish, or u for that spot because imo u three are the best in the game just like I mentioned above and rightfully your spots should be sealed imo. Sure I think Apprentice isn't gonna cut it (imho) but u and I both know ur capable of using multiple characters. With that said I'm sure this might look like another perceived coward act to many but I am no longer gonna compete against Mick for his spot either.

The other spots is free game imo for a qualifying spot. So I wish to compete against Lolo and whoever else that doesn't fall in the above category for that spot because quite frankly I'm the next best option even if I main Kilik. Not to mention I might not even be maining Kilik for NEC. Also its an exhibition which means it comes after the tournament or somewhere near the end of the tournament. This is an adequate amount of time to see who is good enough to bang out just based on tournament performance alone.

Yes its well known I have been beaten down by Ivy on numerous occasions with Kilik but in general overall so has a solid portion of the team U.S that u already have. No one is guaranteed to win against that character. I count two Ivy's on that Europe team. Regardless if Saitoh uses Ivy its not proven as he is an Asta player. It's a round robin setup of at least 6 or more matches per player. I have my own tricks in mind and for the record I'm not coming to NEC as a Kilik player that's all I'm gonna say.

Reactions: RTD

Let someone know you are coming, I suggest PMing someone who is also going you feel comfortable with, get a phone # so people can help you out. That is generally the way to go about ensuring you have a connection on the other end. From the buss station you can either swing a ride from someone, or make sure you have the address to get a cab. Look up the phone #'s for cab companies in Philly beforehand if you intend to go with a cab.

My time is limited, so I will address each one of you as I have time.

To determine these killers, we could just play Woahhzz and NoFaceKiller in a 1st to 5 to see who does better.

Best idea yet.

Let someone know you are coming, I suggest PMing someone who is also going you feel comfortable with, get a phone # so people can help you out. That is generally the way to go about ensuring you have a connection on the other end. From the buss station you can either swing a ride from someone, or make sure you have the address to get a cab. Look up the phone #'s for cab companies in Philly beforehand if you intend to go with a cab.
This was incredibly helpful actually. I didn't even think about getting the cab numbers before hand...

Back