[Dec 3, 2011] North East Championships XII (Philadelphia, PA)

Im sorry but i have to say this

Me being on a team to represent Team USA is out of the question! My drive for this game hasnt been the same since SCV was announced...

To those disappointed by this announcement. But as of right now im nowhere NEAR my potential

Ramon, you can always be the sexy cheerleader for NA Team.

Lost Providence:

It amazes me how fast people forget things people say even a few pages back. I said I'm down to go at it with anyone under all conditions for that spot. I also said its an exhibition, therefore it comes after or near the end of the tournament and thus tournament performance alone is an excellent indication of where someone stands. Is it not? Keeping it 100 real (right) does it make sense to have a team composed of people who were eliminated and couldn't cut it. This is kind of a world tournament is it not? Sure tournament numbers are not Cannes or Evo but the level of competitors in one spot is as good as it gets. If u can't even make it to the top in the tournament it says a lot don't u think?

Regardless, nvm about the spot. I no longer want it. I look forward to all the results of each individual member of team U.S that is not Thuggish, RTD, and Woahhzz if our team loses.

What I am gonna address here instead is something else in ur post because I find it interesting. You say I'm the least strongest person on that list based on these merits...

1. I lost to Mick in a MM.
2. I've been gone to long.

Since when does losing to someone in a MM create the standard for which someone is not strong. You do realize that's 1 vs 1 correct. Especially when the same person at the exact same event places top 3 at one of the biggest and most taxing tournaments (60+ matches) there is for the game and other major tournaments I've done the same thing at or tournaments in general. Not to mention placing above that same person with no one else in sight besides Woahhzz and Malek. The 2nd standard u hold me by contradicts itself. Did Mick not come back and show he is one of the better competitors?

I'm done here. People are quite selective and all I have left to say from now until NEC is.

I would like to MM each one of the members of team Europe if ur down for it. If u don't respond I will take it as a no since its clear all of u read the thread except Keev since he doesn't speak English. $20 for each since I'm not rich and I have another MM to take care of at the event.

Lolo:

Don't misinterpret this ok as I have nothing but respect for people in real life. So the answer I'm gonna give u to ur question is by game standards from this thread.

If I have the time... sounds familiar doesn't it. Look a couple pages back when I was talking about hypocrisy. Other than that I hope to enjoy myself with the man I had a few laughs with way back at Nats.

The truth is I'm not strong enough because I lost a MM and I've been gone to long. Plus I won't be around for casuals. I still have Marvel to attend. I want to take that game serious so I'm gonna get as much games in as I can.

Lost Providence:

It amazes me how fast people forget things people say even a few pages back. I said I'm down to go at it with anyone under all conditions for that spot. I also said its an exhibition, therefore it comes after or near the end of the tournament and thus tournament performance alone is an excellent indication of where someone stands. Is it not? Keeping it 100 real (right) does it make sense to have a team composed of people who were eliminated and couldn't cut it. This is kind of a world tournament is it not? Sure tournament numbers are not Cannes or Evo but the level of competitors in one spot is as good as it gets. If u can't even make it to the top in the tournament it says a lot don't u think?

Regardless, nvm about the spot. I no longer want it. I look forward to all the results of each individual member of team U.S that is not Thuggish, RTD, and Woahhzz if our team loses.

What I am gonna address here instead is something else in ur post because I find it interesting. You say I'm the least strongest person on that list based on these merits...

1. I lost to Mick in a MM.
2. I've been gone to long.

Since when does losing to someone in a MM create the standard for which someone is not strong. You do realize that's 1 vs 1 correct. Especially when the same person at the exact same event places top 3 at one of the biggest and most taxing tournaments (60+ matches) there is for the game and other major tournaments I've done the same thing at or tournaments in general. Not to mention placing above that same person with no one else in sight besides Woahhzz and Malek. The 2nd standard u hold me by contradicts itself. Did Mick not come back and show he is one of the better competitors?

I didn't read most of that. Stop fuckin' crying. Read exactly what I said; Mick came back and showed he's one of the better players - there's no reason you shouldn't have to do the same before being taken seriously again. If you're going to keep shitting on other oh so inconspicuously, don't cry when another perspective is added to the table.

And you say you don't want a spot on the team? Why, because nobody's riding your dick and saying, "SU's da bestest". Come on, seriously. Don't have time to compete? On Friday? As far as I know, not a damn thing is happening on Friday. I should fuck you up in Marvel for even saying that.

But, seriously, I think you SHOULD play after all this shit you're saying. Hell, you should go first.

Damn, thought I was dealing with fuckin' men. Guess I gotta hold everyone's dicks while they piss. This is a damn shame.

I really love how Europe comes in and talks all this arrogant mess when the US scene died YEARS ago, and like nobody plays anywhere NEAR as regularly as most of the Euro scenes.

How about this? NEC will be hype and all in good fun, but how about you come in and beat us when SC5 is out and everyone starts off on even footing and is playing them game? Beat us then, instead of coming in and claiming dominance after being jack shit when the game is popular and healthy world wide. You are asking our best players to essentially UNRETIRE and practice for a few weeks, while you guys are still having leagues and tournies and shit.

anyways, I have a feeling the best players in the US will STILL answer the call and beat yall. I may be willing to place money on it too. We'll see.

LP:

I won't be there on Friday. If I'm lucky maybe Friday night but more than likely I won't. I never show up for tournaments until its just about starts. Did practically the same thing at Cannes to. So yeah I won't be doing anything on Friday.

People make the strangest assumptions. No I don't want to be on the team. I've lost interest for it while bickering over it. It's done. You can continue for the spot with someone else.

Yeah, cool story, bro.

EDIT! You know what? Dealing with this shit and breaking up with this girl, it's like people want all the fuckin' accommodations in the world without putting in any work. Whatever, though. I'm about go out, get fucked up, and pass the fuck out. Malek, I'm fucking you up at NEC. Promise. Later, people.

I'm done here. People are quite selective and all I have left to say from now until NEC is.

I would like to MM each one of the members of team Europe if ur down for it. If u don't respond I will take it as a no since its clear all of u read the thread except Keev since he doesn't speak English. $20 for each since I'm not rich and I have another MM to take care of at the event.

Lolo:

Don't misinterpret this ok as I have nothing but respect for people in real life. So the answer I'm gonna give u to ur question is by game standards from this thread.

If I have the time... sounds familiar doesn't it. Look a couple pages back when I was talking about hypocrisy. Other than that I hope to enjoy myself with the man I had a few laughs with way back at Nats.

The truth is I'm not strong enough because I lost a MM and I've been gone to long. Plus I won't be around for casuals. I still have Marvel to attend. I want to take that game serious so I'm gonna get as much games in as I can.

I really gonna have little time before the tournament, that's true, I'm getting to Phily on saturday morning (If nothing goes wrong), I'm not even gonna be able to make it there on friday, and yeah, good times back in Denver :) you Hilde raper.

PS: Don't quit Kilik just because Ivy is a bitch, Yoshi vs Ivy is 7-3 to Ivy even tough I'm still up for the challenge, S-U=Kilik.

Yeah, cool story, bro.

EDIT! You know what? Dealing with this shit and breaking up with this girl, it's like people want all the fuckin' accommodations in the world without putting in any work. Whatever, though. I'm about go out, get fucked up, and pass the fuck out. Malek, I'm fucking you up at NEC. Promise. Later, people.

Hot mess.

Anyway. Backing up ChaCha. It would be some DUMB funny shit, if US beats France, seeing as how you guys CAP your tourneys and we're over here begging for players. Of course I still see us over you so =/

Yum.

I really love how Europe comes in and talks all this arrogant mess when the US scene died YEARS ago, and like nobody plays anywhere NEAR as regularly as most of the Euro scenes.

How about this? NEC will be hype and all in good fun, but how about you come in and beat us when SC5 is out and everyone starts off on even footing and is playing them game? Beat us then, instead of coming in and claiming dominance after being jack shit when the game is popular and healthy world wide. You are asking our best players to essentially UNRETIRE and practice for a few weeks, while you guys are still having leagues and tournies and shit.

anyways, I have a feeling the best players in the US will STILL answer the call and beat yall. I may be willing to place money on it too. We'll see.

That's like the worst excuse ever. That prove we're the strongest community even more than any tournaments or FTx results.
Plus you're acting like the US were better than Europe in 2009 or 2010 and that's laughable, at best =)
Damn that was one insecure speech here haha

Prove it in 5 Saitoh, when people give a shit about the game. The community here ditched the game fast because of Hilde and Algol debates in sc4 and whiney bitches in charge of communities that bickered instead of moving forward- so I can't change the past , but at least it won't happen again.
I know Europe sucks at like every other fighting game and has to cling to SC as their one game that they can claim to be better than someone in (when it's dead to the rest of the world), but trust me when I say US top players will be the world best in 5, scenes will be rebuilt, hype will be back and people will travel. Enjoy your success now (if you even can) at NEC.

I really gonna have little time before the tournament, that's true, I'm getting to Phily on saturday morning (If nothing goes wrong), I'm not even gonna be able to make it there on friday, and yeah, good times back in Denver :) you Hilde raper.

PS: Don't quit Kilik just because Ivy is a bitch, Yoshi vs Ivy is 7-3 to Ivy even tough I'm still up for the challenge, S-U=Kilik.

Offtopic but there is no way on earth that Ivy-Yoshi is 7-3. IMO it ranges from 6-4 to
4-6 depending on stage select.

In all honesty, the people who I suggest for the team tournament (without offending anyone) would be (by tiers). Don't feel bad if you're in Tier 3, but be glad you made it into the list. To be in tier 1 you need to have shown to beat the other players in a consistant manner in the higher tiers.

Tier 1:
Thuggish --> Obvious reason, he can take out any player with little problem but a few selected. Outside of Scud and Malek (maybe keev) the other players don't hold any sort of advantage over him
RTD--> He's RTD, aside from Starwars advantage, I believe if RTD is on a PAD and is in the RTD supersaiyan 5 mode, he will do well over all against Frenchies. Only problem here is the Siegfried, Cervy, and Yoshi but hopefully Thuggish or someone else can cover that. Lets hope Furzy isn't like Lolo.
Lolo-->
I believe Lolo actually has the MOST Anti IVY AND MOST Anti CERVY since he has played babalook constantly. I've played him most in casuals, and it's only until a few days ago I can think I have a small edge over this animal. Super defense. Besides you can always count on team lolo. I'm telling you from experience.

Tier 2
Mick--> Don't take offense to this that you are in 2 but I'm merely speaking from observations. X is at a far disadvantage vs Ivy, not to mention there are 2. 1 of them is supposedly beyond our beliefs. I kept you in the higher tier because I believe in your training and you are in the higher candidates for US team. But you are no the lower end for another reason. That is your exposure to other characters. Siegfried, who the hell in America plays a good Sieg that you have fought? Also, who the hell in America that plays a good Cervy offline aside from Hates? Sieg vs X is not heavily is X's favor due to the range, I know from using Sieg against other people's X. Anyway, you are a good player so you're on tier 2.

Oofmatic--> Honestly, Oofmatic knows Ivy pretty well it appears. Probably from Eli. I do not believe Oof wins from pure gimmicks. Sure, there are a few tricks that LOOKs like gimmicks, but it is not. Everything he does is legit, and is underrated. Super high offense, frenchies can't run. Though I am concerned about him vs Malek since at FSAK he lost to him miserably.

Tier 3
LostProvidence
Setsuka is 6-4 in Sets favor. If played correctly, she can easily breeze through Ivy. Just depends on LP's knowledge, but I can't say he is ready yet but has the potential. If he stops bullshitting and play with me online so I can train his ass, he would get somewhere.

Ramon
I have you here because of many reasons but I would love to have you in first because there wasn't a team tournament in which we never came out on top when we are on the same team. BUT 1. You can't beat Malek for some god damn reason. 2. You can't beat Kira due to his playstyle. 3. Pantocrator is close to Kira but with siegfried. and that's all my concern's really :/

Dreamkiller
You always sandbag in casuals so I dont know what's going on with you. But in tournament, a beast come out and you always pull through. You've also beat the Frenchies at NEC. You consistency questions your authority.

MTFighter
You should be in Tier 2 but same situation as Mick. You can't deal with ivy. and 2, you will duck like mad vs that sieg, which fears me to death. so you drop down here.

NFK
Highly underated player, with a lot of potential. Strong mixup capabilities but I have the same fear for him as I do for myself, and that is Ivy mirror. But also I have never seen you play offline live. So personally I cannot say.

SU
You are a great player and a great mind. But you are stubborn. You refuse to change sometimes and must have it your way. Also, everyone has leveled up since you have been gone. The game level is not what it was like at FSAK. Though, I still think you as a great player, your credibility here is pretty low but still a candidate nonetheless

Woahhzz
You belong here cause you're a scrub and mash your way to victory. In all honesty, I know myself best. I cannot fight a mirror for my life. I simply suck at it. I play that matchup much better with my alternative character but I don't want to use anyone but Ivy. Also, I would like to sit back and cheer on the team if possible. I merely want to be the Coach. :/

There are many more people to consider but I am tired for now. If they come up I shall edit.

One more off-topic post...

Okay, I know he's gonna be upset with me, and I know that this might not really be the place for it. But one of the guys who a lot of this hype has revolved around is Mick. Right now he's having some money issues and will probably need help getting to NEC. Anyone who is interested in helping pleasing send me a P.M. and I'll make sure to get this guy there!

Teams in my head?​

-Thugish and Lolo - For obvious reasons.
-Mick - Because he's just better than us. Literally, no sarcasm.

This is where it gets tricky. RTD is an amazing player and App's skills may have adv, but I dont know if that will be enough.(50/50)
Ugh, im gonna regret this...the fact that Oof plays an amazing Vader makes him a perfect candidate for a spot in the team as well.
After hearing what Whoaz had to say, depending on the # of Ivy's on that team, he should def be a shoe in. Then again I think one of the names up there (Mick possibly?) should be a team coach and decide the 5 people going into this thing.

People I would not put on the team?
Ramon (HOT Rusty)
MTFighter - Really good, just no. Sorry.
NFK hasnt proven himself enough to be put on a team tbh, although he is a top tier player.

PS - My name wasnt in this because I dont toot my own horn.

I don't want to be on a team, and moreover popular opinion is that I shouldn't be on a team, so that settles it. I'll leave the team fighting to the experienced players.

Lolo-->
I believe Lolo actually has the MOST Anti IVY AND MOST Anti CERVY since he has played babalook constantly. I've played him most in casuals, and it's only until a few days ago I can think I have a small edge over this animal. Super defense. Besides you can always count on team lolo. I'm telling you from experience.

Woahhzz
You belong here cause you're a scrub and mash your way to victory. In all honesty, I know myself best. I cannot fight a mirror for my life. I simply suck at it. I play that matchup much better with my alternative character but I don't want to use anyone but Ivy. Also, I would like to sit back and cheer on the team if possible. I merely want to be the Coach. :/

XD this post is funny.

Everybody (including you) knows that you are a shoe in for the USA team. I understand you don't want to toot your own horn, as DK put it, but really you know deep down inside that you are probably the best player in the States.

PS: How did you figure out a few days ago that you have an edge over Lolo? I thought he was in Mexico.

Besides, how can you feel that you have an edge over a tier 1 player, and in addition proven that you can beat all of the tier 1 players in a tournament, and not put yourself in tier 1?

I've been 4ft of the last world tourney WGC 2K11 and 3rd of the last europeen Tourney EBO 2K11.

I like My weakest status, but assuming I'm the weakest it will be more than hard for you to beat someone else!
Worth mentioning that at EBO, where I like most non-french players, got trashed by the french (and Furzy) that Kira and Furzy gave me the hardest beatdown out of anyone there. I honestly don't think you can call anyone on the French team the weakest.

Back