Demon Huntress: Taki Pre-release Discussion

Man I'm super excited. Has she always been a relatively high risk/reward character?

SCVI Battle director's comments regarding Taki's playstyle this time around:
Among all the characters, Taki's attacks are the fastest allowing really aggressive pressure on the opponent. She has short range but with her 'Possession' stance, she is difficult to stop even with the use of Reversal Edge

For Soul Calibur 6, Taki's Mekki-Maru blade is capable of causing 'chip damage' on the opponent when they block her attacks allowing an even heavier form of offense for them to deal with.

Taki's fighting style of Ninjutsu is also augmented with a demon spirit allowing her to close the distance which expands her arsenal even more and is the big appeal of Taki this time around.

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/403/G040382/20180502068/
Thanks to https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey for the translation

Man I'm super excited. Has she always been a relatively high risk/reward character?
I woulnd't describe her as such. She was always uber aggressive being the character with the overall fastest attacks but shortest range, and lacking strong 50/50 mixups. I would describe her overall safety on block as better than decent. Whiffing due to short range is another matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDE
I woulnd't describe her as such. She was always uber aggressive being the character with the overall fastest attacks but shortest range, and lacking strong 50/50 mixups. I would describe her overall safety on block as better than decent. Whiffing due to short range is another matter.
I'm still trying to find some of the traditional mechanics of the game explained. IDK where to look but I'm digging deep in the forums.

I am like..kinda disappointed at the SC4 version. Not that I really expected her to be the SC2 version but..I dunno.

Did anyone else notice that in the JP trailer during the SC attack (0:41) that Taki is visible but in the EN trailer Taki is invisible which just a floating sword to show where she moved?

Never.

Depending on the game, she's generally a highly aggressive mix-up character with the occassional fake-outs (PORC, or Possession Rush Cancel). Known for being rather acrobatic compared to other characters, she can be somewhat difficult to punish for short-ranged characters like her, while heavier and longer range characters find her easier to punish, but more difficult to block against thanks to her speed.

Did anyone else notice that in the JP trailer during the SC attack (0:41) that Taki is visible but in the EN trailer Taki is invisible which just a floating sword to show where she moved?

Are you referring to the leaked trailer? Because if so, i believe she appeared to be invisible due to a fram rate issue. When watching the officially released trailers at 60fps or at 1080p you can see that she is blinking or flashing for lack of better words.

The leaked trailer was pretty bad quality 480p and i think we could only see the frames where she wasn't visible. In the official release Japanese trailer if you put at 1080p you can see her flicker just fine.

What i find to be interesting is if you watch it at 240 or 144 shes visible the entire time. Again this is just a hypothesis.

Last edited:
Never.

Depending on the game, she's generally a highly aggressive mix-up character with the occassional fake-outs (PORC, or Possession Rush Cancel). Known for being rather acrobatic compared to other characters, she can be somewhat difficult to punish for short-ranged characters like her, while heavier and longer range characters find her easier to punish, but more difficult to block against thanks to her speed.
Agreed, she is pretty much the opposite of high risk/high reward

if you look at both official trailers you can see that there is a different visual effect going on. It's easiest to see if you just play both videos from the first post at the same time.

Shouldn't Taki's Soul Archive page be up by now? IIRC Siegfried's page was up a day or two after his reveal.

Looks like this is gonna be her win pose after she wins with a CE:
3383132-taki_critical_edge_30_20180303_1525249717.jpg

3383133-taki_critical_edge_32_20180303_1525249718.jpg

Man, i need some gameplay. E3 can't come soon enough. ;.;

Looks like this is gonna be her win pose after she wins with a CE:
Man, i need some gameplay. E3 can't come soon enough. ;.;

So if she doesn't get the killing blow during CE you get to see her from behind ?

Back