Detective Kilik, A Soul Calibur fanfic

ShaolinTiger86

[13] Hero
Detective Kilik
Case 1: A Funny Crime

Greetings, My name is Kilik...Detective Kilik. I've been a private eye for the past 4 years and I've been the most successful private eye in the city. Unlike most private eyes, I don't work alone. With me is my right hand man, Mr. Yun-Seong and my secretary Ms. Mi-Na. Solving crimes comes easy to some people, and difficult for others but for me, I put two and two together and play the cards in my favor. My office is my home for now as I've been divorced from my wife, Xianghua. Everyday, I look at that photo of her and our daughter, Leixia. They're the only people that can keep me happy since I only see Leixia on the weekends. But enough about me, you're here to follow me on the beat as I solve crimes and interrogate would be suspects.

It was a Thursday afternoon. Quiet, not much to do. Mr. Yun-Seong spent his idle time looking up hot chicks on the internet while Ms. Mi-Na kept herself productive as always. I, myself, placed my feet on my desk as I lounged with the hands behind my head. I thought this day would get even more boring, then a phone call startled the 3 of us. "Detective Kilik at your service" I began. There had been a murder over at the Yuk-Yuk club just a few blocks away from where we were. It seemed urgent and caught the attention of my associates. After writing the contents of the supposed crime in detail, I hung up the phone and addressed my associates. "It seems like there has been a murder at Yuk-Yuk club" I said. "You mean that comedy club with all the bad comedians" Mr. Yun-Seong asked. I sighed for a moment and replied to Mr. Yun-Seong "Yes, that place". "What could've occured over there?" Mi-Na asked. "We'll just have to go find out ourselves" I said as I got out of my chair and headed for the door.

We arrived at the Yuk-Yuk club, meeting up with the manager, Li Long. He mentioned how the last comedian was pretty good with his act and later died. "I'm telling ya, he was funny." Li Long began. "You should've seen him, he even had me rolling in laughter." He added. "We're not here to know about his act, we wanted to know what happened afterwards" I asked, holding a small notebook and a small pencil with no eraser. "After the last comedian's act was finished, I had noticed that the comedian before the last guy was pretty envious of him" Li Long said. "What was the name of the comedian?" I asked. "I think his name was either Geo or Dampierre plus he wore a very gaudy outfit with a very outlandish mustache." Li Long answered. "Go on" I replied. "He just kept following him until he left around 2 am." Li Long added. "And that's when the crime was committed." said Mi-Na. "Precisely." said Li Long with a hint of sorrow. "May we see where he was murdered?" I asked. "This way." Li Long said. He took us out back at an alley where the murder was committed. "Watch your step." said Li Long. "You don't want any blood on you." he added. Mr. Yun-Seong and I crouched down and observed the chalk outline of the body. "Seems like the victim was either hit in the center of his spine, the neck, and the back of the head" I examined. "Seems like the murderer had the intent on taking out the competition before it began" Ms. Mi-Na added. "We'll need to see the coroner, he'll know what to do" I said. "Thank you for your time, sir." I said as me, Ms. Mi-Na, and Mr. Yun-Seong headed to see the coroner.

That afternoon, we visited the coroner's office hoping he would give us some information regarding the murder. As always, we show up when he's not around. "Damn." I snapped. "Well, at least we won't see any dead bodies" said Mr. Yun-Seong. "Will you overcome that fear of yours, what's the worst could happen?" Ms. Mi-Na said. Just as we were about to leave, the coroner arrived back from his lunch break. "Mr. Misturugi" I said addressing the coroner. "What can I do for you, detective?" he asked. "We need to see a body of a deceased comedian." I said. "Hmm..." Mitsurugi began. "Right this way." He said as he opened the doors to his office. "Do I need to hold your hand again?" Ms. Mi-Na asked as she looked at Mr. Yun-Seong. "Oh God." He moaned in disbelief. Inside, Mr. Mitsurugi pulled out the gurney and out revealed a white sheet covering a deceased individual. "Mr. Yun-Seong, you do the honors." Mr. Mitsurugi said with a chuckle. Mr. Yun-Seong knew he was terrified of seeing deceased individuals, so much as though he developed necrophobia. Nervously, Yun-Seong pulled back the sheet a little, revealing the pale face of the deceased comedian. "I think I'm gonna throw up." said Mr. Yun-Seong as he bolted for the door. "Someone has a weak stomach." said Mr. Mitsurugi. Ms. Mi-Na and I examined the wounds that were left on the comedian. " A laceration across his neck" said Ms. Mi-Na. "Looks like his head had some severe depressions from the top of the head" I said. "Could be from being stepped on." Ms. Mi-Na added. We also saw the puncture wounds from the center of the spine and the back of the head. "That last comedian must've not wanted success to fall into the hands of his rival to commit a murder like this." I said. "Looks like we'll have to head into the Yuk-Yuk club and find the perpetrator ourselves." said Ms. Mi-Na. "You're right" I added. "Mr. Mitsurugi, thank you for letting us examine the body ourselves." I said. "Anytime." He said as Ms. Mi-Na and I made our leave as Mr. Yun-Seong waited for us.

That night, I began looking over the evidence, the clues as to who this Geo or Dampierre comedian would go through leaps and bounds to take out another comedian just so he could have some sort of success. I tried not to lose sleep over this but it was already 1am and I couldn't drink another cup of coffee to keep me awake. I retired to my bed, which was hidden behind by a wall. By morning, I was awaken by the knocking on the door. "Alright, alright." I said as I got up. I quickly put on a new shirt, tie, blazer, and slacks as I opened the door. It was Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na. "Next time, assign us some keys." said Ms. Mi-Na. "You look like you haven't slept so peacefully" Ms. Mi-Na added. "I've been up all night going over the evidence and clues about this Dampierre or Geo guy." I said in a groggily tone. "Good news." Mr. Yun-Seong began. "What, you finally conquered your fear of dead bodies" I said in a joking kind of way. "Ms. Mi-Na and I got tickets to the Yuk-Yuk club and guess who'll be there?" Mr. Yun-Seong added. "The guy we're looking for" I said.

That evening, the three of us were already waiting in the club, anticipating Dampierre. By the time, the lights dimmed, Li Long stepped on stage. "Ladies and Gentlemen, put your hands together for Dampierre." The comedian came dressed in a very gaudy attire as Li Long described, wearing a mauve and purple pinstripe suit with his pants hiked up over his waist, a black top hat, a gold jacket and that mustache. As the comedian began his set, the three of us made our move cautiously. I placed myself near the bar, Ms. Mi-Na headed backstage, and Mr. Yun-Seong was seated ready to yell for another joke. 5 minutes into Dampierre's comedy act, Mr. Yun-Seong stood up and yelled "Tell another joke" out loud. This gave me enough time to move up front. Ms. Mi-Na, still backstage, had found a handgun in Dampierre's dressing room as well as a sharp blade...a bloodstained sharp blade. After Mr. Yun-Seong's heckling got to Dampierre, he ended his act quickly and headed to the back.

Ms. Mi-Na heard footsteps getting closer to the dressing room. She quickly hid the sharp blade but concealed the handgun for herself. As Dampierre opened the door to his dressing room, Ms. Mi-Na was there, unexpectedly waiting for him. "Hmm, I don't remember any dames being my dressing room" He began. "I've been waiting for you, big boy." Ms. Mi-Na said as she began to put on her charm on Dampierre. "Ooh." Dampierre said. "What did you think about my comedy act?" He asked as he twirled his mustache. "I think it's good." said Ms. Mi-Na. "There's just one problem." she added. "What's that?" Dampierre asked. "You forgot to leave the crowd in stitches." Ms. Mi-Na said as she pulled out the bloodstained blade. "W-W-Where did you find that?" Dampierre asked. Frantically, Dampierre began searching in his bag for his handgun. "Looking for this?" said Ms. Mi-Na as she pulled out the handgun. "You...You bitch!" Dampierre yelled. Ms. Mi-Na pointed the gun right at Dampierre. "Don't move." I said holding a pistol to Dampierre's head with Mr. Yun-Seong behind me as back up.

Later that night, Dampierre was hauled in for questioning. He squirmed about in the hot seat, the uneasiness, the panic state that he was in, the heavy panting. He knew he was in dire straits. I could only watch in the shadows, Mr. Yun-Seong smoking a cigarette, and Ms. Mi-Na presenting the evidence as the questioning got more intense until finally, Dampierre cracked. He began crying, almost as if he was trying to get out of this jam. I stepped out of the shadows and fully addressed Dampierre. "You wanted nothing more than to put the best comedians either out of business or in a grave." Dampierre hung his head, sniffling in a pathetic state. "You're looking at your next gig, pal, and that's in the big house." I said. "No, not the big house" said Dampierre. "I'm too pretty to go to that place, you know what they'll do to guys like me?" Dampierre continued. "No, but it won't be laughing at your jokes." I said. The cops took Dampierre away as he was headed for the joint. Officer Edgemaster addressed me and my associates for a job well done. "Detective, I don't know how you did it but kudos to you." "Don't thank me, thank my associates for bringing this joker to justice." I said. "It's all in a day's work for Detective Kilik."

Detective Kilik
Case 2: The Missing Daughter

It was Friday afternoon and the weekend had already began. I also knew that I had Leixia with me until Sunday evening when Xianghua came back to pick her up. But this time, something was very odd. Every Friday at 3 in the afternoon, Xianghua would show up at the entrance of my office building in her light pink BMW car, and would drop Leixia off as I made my way downstairs to greet her. After Leixia was with me, Xianghua would just drive off, not saying a word. I looked out my window, hoping to see that light pink convertible but no sign whatsoever. Another 30 minutes later, I looked out my window again and there were no signs of her light pink convertible. I started to get worried as to why Xianghua didn't show up with Leixia. "Still no sign of Xianghua?" Ms. Mi-Na asked. "It's not like her to not show up at this time of the hour." I said as I sat down. "Maybe it's just traffic, you know how busy it gets once school lets out." said Mr. Yun-Seong. Maybe Mr. Yun-Seong was right but then the phone rang. I answered it in hopes it would be Xianghua but instead it was the principal of Leixia's school. I was informed that she had been kidnapped by some masked thugs and was placed in a van. She had also wanted to have a word with me. I was shocked as to hearing about such news but after the principle hung up the phone, I slouched further in my seat. "What is it, Kilik?" Ms. Mi-Na asked. "Leixia has been kidnapped" I said. "What?" said Ms. Mi-Na. There were surprised looks on the faces of both Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong. "We have to go visit that school for information we can get." said Ms. Mi-Na. I rose from my chair, grabbed my notebook and pencil and stared at my daughter in the photo. "Come on, we have to be at that school before it closes." I said as I headed for the door in a frantic motion.

Around 4:15 in the afternoon, Mr. Yun-Seong, Ms. Mi-Na, and I arrived at the school but there were already police officers around the area. I spotted the light pink convertible as we pulled in to a parking spot. "Xianghua must be here." I said to myself. "She is?" asked Ms. Mi-Na. The three of us got out of the car and headed for the entrance of the school. There were some students that were being interrogated but as we got closer to the entrance, we were stopped by a police officer. "Sorry, no one can enter here, sir." said the police officer. "I have an appointment with the principle, I'm the father of the missing girl." I said. It looked like I was about to be turned away but thankfully, Officer Edgemaster allowed the three of us through. "Let them in." he said as he slightly nodded to me. As I made my way to the principle's office, I stopped and addressed Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong. "Listen, I'm going to need the both of you to wait outside for me, this is very personal." I said. Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong understood and headed to where the students were being interrogated. I walked in the principle's office and there was Xianghua, already seated, and right next to her was her new husband. "Please, sir, be seated" said the principle as I took my seat next to the new man in Xianghua's life. "I believe we haven't met" he said as he looked at me. "General Wu is the name." he said in a polite tone. "You must be Kilik." he added. "Xianghua has told me a little bit about you" he continued as he extended his hand for a shake. I couldn't help but notice that he had a tattoo on his left forearm that resembled a shark. "I had brought you all here since the three of you are Leixia's guardians and that you must have some expressed concerns." The Principal began. I looked over towards Xianghua. She had a very blank expression on her face as if she was irritated either by my presence or hearing about Leixia's kidnapping. "As you know, Leixia was kidnapped in an agressive fashion by two unknown assailants wearing masks concealing their identities and having a father who's a detective may help us find Leixia." The Principal added. I sighed for a moment but as I was about to speak, Xianghua spoke instead. "Although my ex husband being a detective is convient in the hopes of finding our daughter, I would rather rely on the police department to solve the case instead." I was floored. How Xianghua can just have me replaced by the police officers in finding Leixia was beyond me. Xianghua pulled the rug right from under me but at least the Principal showed some leeway in my favor. "While that would be helpful to have the police to help find your daughter, I also believe that your ex husband, who is also a detective should assist in helping as well." said The Principal. "Fine then." said Xianghua as she got up from her seat and walked out the door. "We'll be leaving now." said General Wu. Before he left, General Wu looked towards me, shook my hand and said "It was nice seeing you" as he walked out the door behind Xianghua. Before I left, The Principal had wanted a word with me. "Mr. Kilik." The Principal began. "I know that you are a detective and that work consumes you but I need you to find your daughter before the cops do and make it feel as though you weren't able to accomplish anything by your daughter's sake." With those words, I knew I had to find Leixia and made sure she was safe and sound.

That evening, I looked at my notes while Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na had pizza. The one thing i couldn't help but noticed was General Wu's tattoo. I asked Ms. Mi-Na if he was able to interrogate one of the students. "Ms. Mi-Na." I began. "Were you able to interrogate one of the students?" I asked. "The cops had stopped me before I even got a chance." Ms. Mi-Na answered. "How did it go with in The Principal's office?" Mr. Yun-Seong asked. I was hesitant at first but I addressed Mr. Yun-Seong. "The Principal wants me on the case." I said. "That's great." said Mr. Yun-Seong. "But Xianghua wants the police involved instead." I added. "Anything else afterwards?" Ms. Mi-Na asked. I couldn't tell them how suspicious Xianghua was looking during the meeting with The Principal but I did mention the tattoo I saw on The General. "Not really but I did meet Xianghua's new husband." I said. "What did he look like?" Ms. Mi-Na asked again. "Can't tell you but he does have a shark tattoo on his left forearm." I said. "It's getting late and we need to get home." said Ms. Mi-Na. "Ok then, goodnight." I said. Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong, who was carrying the pizza box with him, left my office as I sighed to myself while staring at that photo of Xianghua and Leixia. It seemed like yesterday since Xianghua and I were separated and eventually divorced.

"I am sick and tired of having to wait on you every night." Xianghua said as I walked in the door. "Xianghua, I'm fine, it's just that I had a tough case to solve." I said as I began taking off my jacket. At the time, I was getting adjusted to married life and my job as a private eye or detective was more demanding of me, not to mention that we just had our daughter. "Kilik, I am worried about you." said Xianghua. "Why don't you find another job, one where you won't be in the line of fire all the time." she added. I just couldn't say no to her but this was the job I chose. No matter how much I convinced Xianghua that this was my job, she didn't want to hear it. Then one day, as I was returning from a very long case, I saw all of my stuff on the front lawn as Xianghua stood there. "What the hell is the meaning of this?" I asked. "I told you either get a new job that would help our family or leave" she said. Xianghua closed the door as I ran to open it. I remember banging on the door as I saw Leixia looking out the window.

The next morning, I almost sworn I woke up in tears just thinking about that day. Of course, Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong were already waiting to be let in. I sighed as I walked towards the door. Before I even opened the door, I had realized that I was still in my night clothes. I manage to put on a dress shirt, tie, and slacks. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I said as I hurried towards the door. I opened the door and Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong look slightly agitated by me not opening the door as early as I should. "You know." began Ms. Mi-Na. "You should really give us keys." she added. "So what you can see me sleep?" I said. "That would be if you weren't working so late." Ms. Mi-Na said. Hours passed as I went over my notes but just then, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." said Mr. Yun-Seong. "Thanks." I said. Mr. Yun-Seong opened the door and there was a mailman. "I have a letter for Detective Kilik." The Mailman said. "I'll give it to him." Mr. Yun-Seong said. "By the way, nice tattoo." he added as the mailman went on his way. When I heard the word tattoo, I instantly thought of the General from the other day. Mr. Yun-Seong presented the letter to me as he placed it on my desk. I looked at the letter, examining it. I flipped it to the back and saw a lotus seal. I knew who this was from. I opened the envelope and out came a letter. Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na looked on with anticipation. The letter itself contained a message. It read:

"Meet me at Ezio's tonight...Don't be late."

Short, sweet, and to the point. "Who's it from?" Asked Ms. Mi-Na. "I have good feeling who it's from" I said. "And I know just where i can find more information on finding Leixia." I added.

That evening, as I got ready to head for Ezio's, I knew where I would meet this individual. I arrived at Ezio's with the intent on finding some clues and whereabouts to Leixia's disappearance. "Sir." The Host began as I headed for the entrance. "You have a table already waiting for you." The Host added as he lead me to the aforementioned pre-occupied table. As I got to the table, there she was... Xianghua. "You're late...as always" she said as she looked down, circling the top of the wine glass with her pointer finger. "So it was you who sent that letter?" I asked. "What letter?" she said. "Don't play coy with me." I said. She looked up at me, her eyes widening. I slid her the letter but she slid it back to me. "I wanted to know if you were coming or had more work to do." Xianghua said. "Is that what it is?" I asked. "Don't make it worse than it already is." Xianghua answered. Before either one of us could speak, a waitress stopped at our table. "Welcome to Ezio's, how may I help you?" she asked. "More wine." Xianghua said. "Ok, and for you, sir?" The Waitress said as she faced me. "I'll have what she's having." I said. Before the waitress could leave, Xianghua changed her order. "I'll just have water instead." "Ok, that's one glass of wine and one glass of water." said The Waitress as she left our table. "You are really starting to irritate me." Xianghua said as she looked away from me as she placed her left hand over her face. Just what could I be doing that would make Xianghua so pissed off at me. Whatever it was, I needed to know as to whether or not this was relative to Leixia's disappearance. "Xianghua, listen to me." I said. "I'm listening." she said without even glancing at me. "I've been investigating the disappearance of Leixia." I began in a sincere tone. "Why are doing this when I specifically told that principle that the cops will take care of it?" Xianghua said. "Leixia needs us and if something bad happens to her." Before I could even finish, Xianghua interrupted me. "Kilik, I know you care for her just as much as I do but you need to take a step back and let the cops handle this." she said. "She's my daughter, too, you know." I said. "Did you forget about that or did you forget that maybe I can help you so that I'll be out of your hair and you live happily with that general husband of yours." I added as Xianghua looked in shock. As the waitress brought our drinks and left, Xianghua held the glass of water, looked at the liquid, and threw it at me as it splashed all over me. "Think about that, jerk." she said as she got up and left. I banged my fist on the table as I gritted my teeth and pursed my lips, keeping back the words that may fly out the wrong way. "Women..." said a deep, yet calm voice. I turned around and saw my good friend, Ezio. "They never seem to change." I said. "I remembered when the two of you first came here" Ezio smiled. "The two of you were madly in love, or at least Xianghua was. " Ezio began. "I remembered you ordered lasagna while she had the spaghetti." Ezio continued. "For desert, she ordered an Italian wedding cake, you remember that?" Ezio asked. "I sure did." I said. "And when you got on one knee, she wanted you to remain there until you told her the words she wanted to hear." Ezio said. "That was a date I'll never forget." I said. "Don't worry about anything, Kilik, it's on me." Ezio said. "Thank you, Ezio." I said.

Moments after I left Ezio's, I got in my car and headed back to my office. I couldn't help but notice seeing the mailman and two other guys standing near a light post. From where I was at in the driving lanes, I manage to get a look at their tattoos. They were the same as Xianghua's husband. They got into the car and I had to follow them to where the were headed. About an hour or so of driving, their vehicle had stopped near the docks. I parked my car just a block away from them, not to give myself away of course. I followed them, taking few steps to where I can be able to keep up with them. Eventually, they snook into a warehouse. With my notepad, I wrote down the number of the warehouse the men entered. Warehouse 8 was the place. I took the stairs to see what the men were up to but to my surprise, I saw not only the mailman and two other guys, but the general and Leixia, who was already tied to a chair and gagged. I could see from her eyes, that they were bloodshot and watery from crying a lot. The men were having beer and laughing. I can only watch, ball my fists, and grit my teeth. Why would Xianghua lie to me about what was going on? Was this some sort of sick joke? So many questions. I had to sleep on this otherwise, I would lose my mind.

The next morning, Ms. Mi-Na, Mr. Yun-Seong and I headed to Leixia's school. I had asked the principle if I can have a word with one of the students who witnessed the kidnapping. One student, a girl named Natsu, stepped forward to answer our questions. "Now tell us about the two men you saw that kidnapped Leixia?" Ms. Mi-Na asked. "Both guys looked big, one of them had a black tanktop, the other had a blue tanktop." Natsu began. "Go on." Ms. Mi-Na said. "Both guys had tattoos on their forearms and their shoulders that look like sharks." Natsu added. "I also couldn't see their faces but they left in a black convertible and as I got close to stop them, the guy in the blue tanktop pulled out a gun on me but he didn't shoot me." said Natsu. "Thank you." "Wait." I interrupted. "We're you able to get a look at the tag?" I asked. "I did." said Natsu. Natsu wrote down the tag name and handed to me. "The same one from the docks." I said to myself. "Thank you, Natsu." I said. As Natsu headed back to class, we headed for the exit but I stopped as I saw Xianghua and her husband leaving the school grounds also. Something didn't look right plus, Xianghua had her head down the entire time. One thing was for sure, the three of us had to go to the docks.

That evening, Mr. Yun-Seong, Ms. Mi-Na, and I were already at the docks, waiting for the black convertible to show up. 10 minutes after scoping, the convertible arrived and so did The General's car. Something didn't look right. I also saw Xianghua getting out of the general's car also. I quickly acted on my impulse and got out of my car. Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na followed. "Ok, here's what we got to do." I began. "Mr. Yun-Seong, you wil distract everyone in the warehouse with a smoke bomb, allowing me and Ms. Mi-Na to get in the warehouse and retrieving Leixia." I said. As we headed into the docks, I knew this plan had to work. We reached warehouse 8 and from there Mr. Yun-Seong went up the stairs and looked for a vent where he can drop the smoke bomb. Inside the warehouse, The General and his guys were all having a beer and laughing as Xianghua look somber and guilt-ridden. "Hey Wu." said one of the men. "What do we do with this one?" he said as he pointed at Leixia. "Place her feet in cement and make her sleep in the sea." The General said. "How about we make the little brat dig her own grave?" asked the mailman. "Hmmm." said General Wu. Before Wu could answer, Xianghua spoke up. "You're not going to hurt my daughter." she said. Everyone else chuckled at Xianghua. "Honey, don't you see." Wu said. "Once Leixia is dead, she'll be out of your hands and that detective ex husband of yours" Wu added with a diabolical smile. This caused Xianghua to tremble and almost burst into tears. Acting on impulse, Mr. Yun-Seong found a vent and threw a smoke bomb right in the warehouse. "What the hell is that?" said the other man. The smoke bomb blew up sending haziness and clouds of smoke everywhere. "Now's our chance." I said. As the warehouse door opened, the two men emerged from the smoke filled warehouse, coughing. Ms. Mi-Na and I pistol whipped both men, leaving them unconscious. As the smoke cleared, Ms. Mi-Na and I made our way into the warehouse with our guns drew. The mailman fidgeted to grab his gun but Ms. Mi-Na shot him. General Wu, out of desperation, grabbed Xianghua and placed a gun to her head. "One step and I splatter her brains, detective." said Wu. "Let Xianghua go!" I yelled. 'Let her go, you bastard!" I continued yelling. "Kilik, help." sobbed Xianghua. I was completely helpless. Ms. Mi-Na and I couldn't afford to have a casualty on our hands. Mr. Yun-Seong, meanwhile, smashed a window in the warehouse as he fell on some crates. This distracted Wu as he was looking for where the window was smashed. I charged in, tacking both Wu and Xianghua. I wrestled with Wu, attempting to relieve him of his handgun. Back and forth we went but Xianghua kicked the gun out of her husband's hand, allowing me to pin him on the floor and punch him repeatedly. "Ms. Mi-Na, go free Leixia." I said. Wu managed to pin me and grabbed his gun. Before Wu could pull the trigger, a voice boomed out. "Freeze!" It was Officer Edgemaster. "You want me, you got to take us both out." Wu said as he strangled Xianghua. "Hold your fire!" Officer Edgemaster demanded to his men. As Wu was about to pull the trigger, Mr. Yun-Seong, grabbed his gun and pistol whipped Wu from behind, collapsing on top of them. "Some fall." he uttered. "Boys, take them in." Officer Edgemaster said. Quickly, the handcuffs were placed on the two henchmen, General Wu, and Xianghua. "Leixia, Leixia." I said as I ran and hugged her. "What's happening to Mom?" Leixia said as she tried to hold back tears. Xianghua was now in handcuffs and was about to taken to jail but I stopped the officers from doing so. "Wait. " I said. "Kilik, what are you doing?" Xianghua said. "Let her go." I said. "Are you dumb, kid?" said one of the officers. "She had a hand in the kidnapping, she called us" the other officer added. "But still." I said. "It's best you do what the detective says" said Officer Edgemaster as he nodded and winked at me.

Later that evening, Ms. Mi-Na, Mr. Yun-Seong, Leixia, myself, Officer Edgemaster, and Xianghua were at my office as Xianghua and even Leixia began pleading about her not going to jail. "Daddy, please don't take Mom to jail." said Leixia. "I don't want her to go jail." she sobbed as Ms. Mi-Na comforted. "Xianghua, why would you lie to me like this?" I asked. "I didn't want you to get involved with our daughter." Xianghua said, holding back tears. "It was because of my controlling husband, he didn't like Leixia especially when I told him that I was dropping her off to you on the weekends." Xianghua added. "He hated seeing you with Leixia so much that he had his army buddies kidnap her and told me to just play along." Xianghua continued as tears started to shed. "Kilik, I know I was being mean towards you but it was because I didn't want you to know." Xianghua sobbed. "Xianghua, I want you to look at me." I said. "I love you and that's all I ever wanted to do." I added. Tears were forming in the eyes of Mr. Yun-Seong as Leixia began shedding tears again. "And what I want you to do for me, if anything, is to be honest with me." I said. "I will." Xianghua said softly. "Daddy?" Leixia said. "Are you going to take Mommy to jail?" she asked as she clutched Ms. Mi-Na left arm. There was complete silence at first but then I came up with an answer. "Ms. Mi-Na, Mr. Yun-Seong, and Officer Edgemaster, I want you to take Leixia home." I said. "Why?" Officer Edgemaster said. "There's no parental supervision at that house, who's gonna take care of her." said Officer Edgemaster added. "That is why I want Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong to look after her while I work some things out in Xianghua's favor." I said as I handed the keys over to Ms. Mi-Na. "I see." said Officer Edgemaster. "Does this mean my Mommy won't go to jail?" Leixia asked. "She won't, little girl." said Officer Edgemaster. I checked as the four of them left. They were gone and out of sight. I locked my office door, leaving just me and Xianghua together. I un-cuffed Xianghua's wrists. "Kilik, what are you doing?" she asked. We both looked at each other for a moment and then all of a sudden, we were swept in a flurry of lust and passion as we kissed intensely as we held each other. "Hold on." I said. Quickly I turned off the lights, removed Xianghua's wedding ring and continued making out with Xianghua. Overcame with lust, Xianghua rushed over to my desk and was ready to knock the paperwork away but I stopped her and pulled out my bed. "Take me, Kilik." she said as our love making intensified. 2 hours after we made love, the two of us laid together looking at the ceiling. "What are we going to do...about us?" Xianghua asked. "I'm still married, you know." she added. "Don't remind me." I said. But then it hit me. "What if you testify against your husband at court, and file for divorce." I said. "Kilik, that's it." she smiled as she kissed me intensely. "But what about Leixia?" Xianghua asked. "Never to worry." I said as I got down on knee in front of her. "I still have my wedding ring." I said as I presented her the ring. "Xianghua, be my wife again?" I asked. "Yes, Kilik, yes." she said as we kissed intensely, her pulling me back into bed as she enveloped of us in the covers. For all I could say, it was all in the day's work for Detective Kilik.

Detective Kilik
Case 3: Running for Mayor

I've never been big on politics but if you ask me, they all say and do the same thing. But this was totally different, as my good friend, Maxi, was running for mayor of this city. He had been campaigning for weeks, trying to remove Zasalamel from the office. Lately, Maxi had been fearing for his life. This wasn't like Maxi, for him to fear anything. I had received a call from him personally, telling me that there could be someone that is conspiring against him. I knew exactly that things on the campaign trail weren't going as smoothly for Maxi as he would've liked.

"Mr. Yun-Seong, Ms. Mi-Na." I began "My friend Maxi is running for mayor but it seems like someone could be running him off the campaign trail" I added.

"So what you're saying is that Maxi needs us as security?" Ms. Mi-Na asked.

"Not necessarily but he wants us to find the culprit behind the conspiracies that have been going on" I said.

We were at a campaign rally for Maxi, he naturally wooed the crowd in his favor like he always does, I should know because Maxi had a knack for telling people what they want to hear. 20 minutes into the rally, a strange looking girl started to make her way near the stage. She was giggling and talking to herself. Something didn't look right about this. As I kept my eye on her, I also couldn't help but notice how nervous Maxi was getting all of sudden. The strange girl stopped directly a few feet from where Mr. Yun-Seong, Ms. Mi-Na and I were standing. She had stopped talking to herself and pulled out a camera but also pulled out bullets also. I started to walk towards her but as I close to her, people were already pushing and shoving their way to shake hands with Maxi and have their babies kissed. The strange girl was already amongst the crowd, her bullets were already in the camera. I tried to make my way towards the girl but suddenly, Maxi's security guards had already started turning people away. The strange girl, aiming for the back of Maxi's head, clicked on the shutter as a bullet flew threw the air. Thankfully, Maxi ducked but someone also had stepped on the girl's foot causing her to misfire. I continued to make my way towards her, my pistol already in my hand. She saw me coming towards her and turned her camera towards me as she clicked the shutter again but she missed as I ducked. The girl started to make her escape but I was hot on her trail. I chased her down a couple of blocks until she made her escape through a few alleyways. I wasn't able to catch her but she had left a button pin on the ground. I picked up the pin and it read "Keep Zasalamel in Office". Something didn't seem right about this.

"Why would Zasalamel use a hired gun to take out Maxi?" I said to myself.

As I was thinking to myself, a voice had called out to me.

"There you are." I turned around and there was Ms. Mi-Na and Mr. Yun-Seong, who was out of breath from running.

"Where had you been?" Ms. Mi-Na asked. "Maxi was looking for you." She added.

"Guys." I said. "We might have our first clue as to who wants Maxi from not being mayor." I added.

Back at the office, the three of us started to put together our own analysis on why Zasalamel would want to take out Maxi.

"Maybe he just wants to continue corrupting the city." Mr. Yun-Seong said.

"Maybe he could be hiding something that would easily turn the tide of the whole campaign altogether." Ms. Mi-Na added.

"I know one thing." I said. "We cannot allow Zasalamel to continue on his campaign without having us question him." I added. "He's going to be at city hall tomorrow, answering questions about a would've been assassination on Maxi" I said.

I grabbed my jacket as I headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Yun-Seong asked.

"Home." I said.

"Oh yeah." said Mr. Yun-Seong. "Tell her wife I said hi." he added. I was already walking towards the corridor as he made that last comment.

When I made it home, Xianghua was already waiting for me as she smiled. "Welcome home." she said as she leaned towards me to kiss me. It had been a few weeks since Xianghua and I had remarried after the whole fiasco.

"Something smells good." I said as I took off my jacket and unloosen my tie.

"I made your favorite." Xianghua said.

"Fish with soy sauce and mashed potatoes." I said.

"So how was your day?" Xianghua asked.

"Crazy." I answered with my head down.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Aside from me seeing Maxi on his campaign trail, some strange girl had almost assassinated Maxi." I answered.

Xianghua looked shocked, she had every right to be. If it weren't for Maxi, I would not have met Xianghua plus she's good friends with him also.

"Is he alright?" Xianghua asked again.

"He is." I said.

Xianghua sighed as she got up from her seat. "If you need me, I'll be upstairs waiting." she said as she kissed me again.

The next day, I was off to work. I had received a call from Ms. Mi-Na saying that she wanted to meet up with me at the City Hall. I told her I would be there after I dropped Leixia off to school. After dropping her off, I headed straight to city hall, knowing that Zasalamel would be there, ready to answer the questions that were already burning within. As I got to City Hall, I was greeted by my associates.

"Bad news, Kilik." Ms. Mi-Na said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"There had been a murder at City Hall." she answered

As the three of us made our way into city hall offices, we were greeted by Officer Edgemaster. "I assume you were hoping to question the authority and decision making of our mayor also." he said as he sternly looked at the three of us.

"What happened here?" I asked.

"Apparently, some photographer wanted to meet Zasalamel before he got to city hall, however, one of the officials was shot down by her camera in the head." The Officer answered.

"Did anyone see what the photographer looked like?" Ms. Mi-Na asked.

"The photographer was a female, brown hair in pigtails, and she was constantly giggling and talking to herself" The Officer answered

"Supposedly, you'd know where we could find out where Mayor Zasalamel could be holding his rally at?" I asked.

"No, sorry, I don't" Officer Edgemaster answered. "I would check with his headquarters to get an interrogation out of him but since he's a person that's hard to get a hold of, I would suggest you count your losses." He added.

"Well, we'll do what we can." I said as my associates and I headed for the door.

Something didn't add up, the assassination attempt, the strange girl leaving her button pin, and now a murder at City Hall. We knew we had to get to Zasalamel, but how? Then it hit me.

"Ms. Mi-Na." I began. "You were a journalist before, right?" I asked.

"Yes but what does that have to do with anything?" she asked back

"Maybe you can get in to Zasalamel's headquarters while Mr. Yun-Seong and I look for the killer." I answered.

"Of course" Ms. Mi-Na said.

That afternoon, Ms. Mi-Na headed into Zasalamel's campaign office while Mr. Yun-Seong and I waited until we caught a glimpse of the supposed killer. As Ms. Mi-Na headed into the building to talk with Zasalamel, there was that strange girl heading towards the darkroom, possibly to get her pictures developed or buying more bullets.

"She's up to something" said Mr. Yun-Seong

"Maybe you should go ahead and investigate." I said.

"Why does it have to be me?" he asked.

I gave him a look but he eventually agreed an got out of the car. I watched as Mr. Yun-Seong followed the girl into the darkroom. Meanwhile, Ms. Mi-Na was having a hard time, trying to get an interview with Zasalamel but a woman has to do what a woman has to do, if you know what I mean. Ms. Mi-Na used her feminine charm to entice Zasalamel's closest men to get her a candid interview with the current mayor.

"Mr. Zasalamel?" said one of the mayor's advisors.

"What is it?" he said from behind the door.

"A journalist wants to have a word with you." the advisor said.

"Didn't I say..." Mayor Zasalamel opened the door and saw Ms. Mi-Na waiting for him. "Hmmm." he said.

"Let her in." he told his advisor. As Ms. Mi-Na made her way into the mayor's office, she couldn't help but feel some sort of dread coming over her. At the darkroom, Mr. Yun-Seong calmly waited for the girl to come out of one of the rooms, so that he would interrogate her. I sighed as I waited for the both of them to finish. I knew I was supposed to pick Leixia up from school but I called Xianghua that I was going to be doing heavy investigation. 10 minutes later, Ms. Mi-Na had left Zasalamel's office and headed for the passenger's seat of my car.

"Anything?" I asked.

"He was tight-lipped about the whole assassination thing with Maxi but it still seems like he's hiding something more." Ms. Mi-Na answered.

"That's not much to go on." I said.

15 minutes later, the strange girl was seen running out of the darkroom with Mr. Yun-Seong in pursuit. "Follow them." Ms. Mi-Na said as I put my car in drive and chased after the both of them. Mr. Yun-Seong was in hot pursuit of the girl with the camera. She tried loading her camera with bullets again for some reason but she was having a hard time doing so.

"We're almost there." I said.

"Quickly, cut her off at the corner." Ms. Mi-Na said.

As we made it towards the corner to cut the girl's escape off, she leapt over the car and did a cartwheel. To our astonishment, Ms. Mi-Na and I were impressed but that went away when Mr. Yun-Seong bumped into my car.

"I almost had her!" he said

"Get in the car!" Ms. Mi-Na said. The three of us continued our pursuit of the girl until we had finally cornered her in another alley. The three of us made our way out of the car and towards her with our guns drew.

"Hands up where we can see'em." I said.

The young girl had no choice. She dropped her camera and placed her hands up. That night, we brought the girl downtown for questioning. Let me just say, this was a very difficult interrogation conference that was going on.

"First off, what's your name?" I asked.

"Tira...Tira Drossel" she said.

"Why were you aiming towards Maxi, are you working for Zasalamel?" I asked.

"Look, pig." she began. " "I'm working for no one, you hear me." she said.

"Then maybe this should refresh your mind." I said as I presented her the button pin to her.

"I don't remember this." she said as she saw the pin.

"Where did you get that from?" she asked.

"It fell off of you as you were climbing over the fence while you made your escape." I said.

"Do you mind telling me what's your association with Mayor Zasalamel?" Ms. Mi-Na asked.

Tira was already sweating bullets. Her creepy smile, her sarcastic attitude towards us, all started to fade away before our eyes.

"Are you gonna tell us?" Ms. Mi-Na asked again.

"He wanted me to take out your friend because he was going to expose him of being a corrupted mayor looking to take out anyone he saw fit that would oppose him." Tira said.

"Anything else we should know?" I asked.

"Mr. Maxi will be having a banquet in his honor tomorrow night." Tira began. "If I were you, I would tell him to watch his back if he knows what's good for him." Tira said as she smirked.

"Is that right?" I asked.

"What do you think, pig?" she said as she smirked even more

"Look, you!' I said as I grabbed Tira by her collar. Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na held me back from doing anything I would regret. But of course, we knew we had to heed this threat.

"You can take her away now." I said as the officers took Tira to a holding cell.

"Get your hands off me, you pigs!" Tira protested.

"So what now?" asked Mr. Yun-Seong.

"We got a politician a save." I said as we exited the interrogation room.

That evening, my wife and I were special guests of honor for the banquet held in Maxi's honor. I knew right then and there things were going to get suspicious, the minute some of Zasalamel's men showed up. I promised myself that I would not play the role of detective tonight, for my wife's sake of course but I had Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na to do the job.

"Isn't this wonderful, Kilik?" Xianghua asked.

"It is." I said. Xianghua looked at me, she can already tell that something was up.

"Kilik..." She said

"No, nothing's wrong." I said.

"You seem to have that look on your face." She said. "Is there something I should know?" She asked.

"No, Xianghua." I said as I softly touched her hand. "Everything is fine." I kissed her on her forehead, reassuring that everything was alright. Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na were already at the event waiting to see if any strange people would appear. The night progressed as Maxi made his entrance, shaking hands with supporters and kissing babies, like every other politician would. He got Xianghua and my table and kissed Xianghua on the cheek and gave me a pat on the back. Maxi finally got to the podium, where he was about to make a speech.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." Maxi began. "It is with great pleasure to assure you that this city will have a new mayor in yours truly." he added as he smiled with confidence.

"It seems like the current mayor just wasn't up to the task of having to clean up after himself." he joked as the people chuckled. As Maxi continued his speech, some of Zasalamel's men moved closer towards Maxi. I started to get worried but with Xianghua around, I couldn't show any of that. Closer and closer, Zasalamel's men moved towards Maxi. I was hoping when Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na would appear but as the men got closer, they got ready to draw their guns at Maxi, ready to shoot him.

"Xianghua, excuse me for a moment." I said.

"Where are you going, you're gonna miss Maxi's speech." She said.

As I stood up, Maxi, as always, shined the spotlight on me. "Hey, there's my good friend." He smiled. I could only wave to the people as I tried to make my way out. Sure enough, however, Mr. Yun-Seong and Ms. Mi-Na showed up in time.

"Stop those two men!" Ms. Mi-Na yelled as she saw two of Zasalamel's men heading towards Maxi. One of Zasalamel's men drew their gun, ready to shoot Maxi but Mr. Yun-Seong shot the man in the head. The other guy tried to escape but I was there to stop him. Maxi, in all his confusion, was caught off guard as Zasalamel appeared behind him with a gun in his hand.

"Stop everything right now." Zasalamel said.

"Drop the weapon, Zasalamel." Ms. Mi-Na said.

Zasalamel chuckled "Just try and stop me. Mr. Yun-Seong tackled both politicians as he wrestled the gun away from corrupted mayor. As Zasalamel was about to shoot Mr. Yun-Seong, I managed to kick the gun out of his hands. Mr. Yun-Seong delivered a punch to Zasalamel's face.

"You're under arrest for attempted murder, Zasalamel." I said. "You're going away for a long time." I added. Moments after, the police arrived to arrest the mayor. Maxi walked over to where I was standing.

"Thanks again, Kilik." he said.

"Anytime." I said

"Ahem." Xianghua interrupted. "You said you wasn't going to be on duty tonight." She said as she looked at me.

"Well, what can I say." I began as I held Xianghua towards me. "It's all in the day's work for Detective Kilik." I said as Xianghua giggled.

Hey, I like this!

This isn't criticism or anything, only an idea I had while reading this, but I would have probably had Maxi as Kilik's "right hand man", and then Yun-Seong as maybe an errand boy or something. So maybe he'd still have plenty of interaction with secretary Mina? 8)
Like I said, it's only an idea I had, or a preference or whatever, and in no way criticism.
I do like how you connected Maxi to Kilik's past, and I can also him as a politician! xD

Thank you for the critiquing and reviews. I will continue to work on this fanfic in the future in addition to other projects that I am also working on. Hopefully by the summer, more episodes will be added.

Back