Devastation 09 clip DR Dogg vs PerfectSyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artilust

[10] Knight

Commentary sound like fucking idiots. No clue about the system at all. Jesus christ watch this with the volume turned down.

I think they were trying to diss dogg whether he was doing the right thing or not.

Commentary sound like fucking idiots. No clue about the system at all. Jesus christ watch this with the volume turned down.

They were pretty much right about a lot of things

"Dr.Dogg isn't maximizing his juggles"
"Dr Dogg threw out some pretty sloppy shit there"
"AWWWW punk'd, Dr.Dogg should of known better"
"what are you doing, one hit juggle Dr.Dogg"
"I can't believe how unsafe Dr.Dogg is"
"Is this suppose to be high level? It should be but its not"

They were pretty much right about a lot of things

"Dr.Dogg isn't maximizing his juggles"
"Dr Dogg threw out some pretty sloppy shit there"
"AWWWW punk'd, Dr.Dogg should of known better"
"what are you doing, one hit juggle Dr.Dogg"
"I can't believe how unsafe Dr.Dogg is"
"Is this suppose to be high level? It should be but its not"

First, I would like to point out that I quit SC and hadn't played the game in weeks leading up to DEV. And the day of this match I was handling brackets for every game with no warm-up at all. So it wasn't like they should've been expecting top play from me.

That said... 3B, 6K is a staple Yoshi juggle. I was too rusty to go for 3B, 44BB, aB+K, 1B. The only time I tried it in the match I whiffed the 44BB.

I also did very little that was unsafe against Kilik. At the most Kilik gets 2K off of some of the stuff I was doing.

I played like ass as I expected given the circumstances, but the commentators were off in many of their comments.

The commentators ripped on LM 3B > 8wr A+B during the finals too. I think they should've gotten someone who knew the biz to help 'em out.

Hey I'm glad that yall were able to get the setups that well for the tourney with commentary and HD recording. Good look for the devastation staff on that. I appreciate the work. Back to the training lab for a brotha. Oh yeah dawg are you gonna be at evo this year?

Random P.S. Note* I wonder why King Salmon's Rank in the ladder on here didn't move at all. Go That GUY!

Wow terrible commentary. They sound like morons, are irritating and what happened to being partial when commentating?

commentary throughout devastation was horrible, though some of the guest commentary was good (like 3s "Boo boo tecks" had me rolling for awhile)

also dr. dogg is (was) a very very good player, he almost qualified for nats. Him and RyuJin raped everyone at one of the regionals here in the team tournament. Obviously he hasn't been playing. I'm surprised this video was even posted.

First, I would like to point out that I quit SC and hadn't played the game in weeks leading up to DEV. And the day of this match I was handling brackets for every game with no warm-up at all. So it wasn't like they should've been expecting top play from me.

That said... 3B, 6K is a staple Yoshi juggle. I was too rusty to go for 3B, 44BB, aB+K, 1B. The only time I tried it in the match I whiffed the 44BB.

I also did very little that was unsafe against Kilik. At the most Kilik gets 2K off of some of the stuff I was doing.

I played like ass as I expected given the circumstances, but the commentators were off in many of their comments.

3B, 6k is a staple juggle but is it maximizing the juggle? So yeah, he was right. As for safe, how can you call the way you were playing safe?!?!?!? Numerous Super Dragonfly regen attempts is the opposite of safe especially when some of them put you in very bad ring position. As for the other ones, you just admitted you played like shit. So again, how are they wrong about these things?

I don't get why most of you are being ungrateful because of the commentary. They did a fine job for their first time. The comments here in this thread are the ones that don't belong. You do realize that you could be hurting the chances of a tourney like this happening again for SC4 because you sound like ingrates and that reflects poorly upon the rest of us as a whole?

Think about it... If these tournaments were to continue, with the same commentators, they would learn each and every time they do their job and will become more entertaining and notice more details. We could watch as it grows and even help them out along the way to make it even better. These people are obviously serious about holding tournaments with their "guaranteed $2k" payouts. They have given SC4 a chance, and with Vicious there, I'm sure we didn't disappoint with what high level Calibur is all about.

I don't get why most of you are being ungrateful because of the commentary. They did a fine job for their first time. The comments here in this thread are the ones that don't belong. You do realize that you could be hurting the chances of a tourney like this happening again for SC4 because you sound like ingrates and that reflects poorly upon the rest of us as a whole?

Think about it... If these tournaments were to continue, with the same commentators, they would learn each and every time they do their job and will become more entertaining and notice more details. We could watch as it grows and even help them out along the way to make it even better. These people are obviously serious about holding tournaments with their "guaranteed $2k" payouts. They have given SC4 a chance, and with Vicious there, I'm sure we didn't disappoint with what high level Calibur is all about.

I don't blame the commentators too much. Obviously, they aren't as well acquainted with SC4 as some of us are here, but as Enkidu points out the only way that will change is if they keep having a go at it. We can't expect expert level commentary from the get-go. It's just not plausible. What we should expect, indeed what we should ask of them, is that they improve over time, and at this stage it's too early to make a call about that. Besides, those $2000 are only going to improve the standard of play - and soothe any damaged egos.

That's pretty dumb. They're not going to cancel SCIV because people complained about the commentary. =/ If anything, giving feedback will encourage DJWheat (whom I respect for doing everything for free) to put out a better show. I'm sure that's what they strive for. By saying only nice things, they wouldn't know that there were some bad things about the commentary and we would just be encouraging the idea that we want idiots like Swoozie commentating on a game he knows absolutely nothing about.

Then by all means, continue getting all bent out of shape because they don't know every detail about your precious game. It's so insulting, yes?

Seriously though, Swoozie needs to shut his fucking mouth. His GGAC commentary was just as bad.

The Tekken 6 final is really the model of how the commentary should have gone.

Wow. Calm down. Scroll up and you'll see posters are merely stating the commentary was horrible and/or suggesting they should've gotten someone who knew the game better. Do you not agree that informed commentators would have been greater than uninformed ones?

Watch the SC4 finals and listen to the commentary, i dare you not to cringe. There were enough SC4 players there that they could have gotten more people to do it for them. Or they could have just pulled a :X and just showed the matches.

I agree completely. They weren't uninformed. Like AlexJ said, they were right about a lot of things. Its not even worth nit-picking over the things they might have been wrong about. I am not going to disect it anyway. We've never had commentary for SC4 touraments here in the US, so personally I was pleased with it. Of course it could have been better, and if they continue doing it, I am sure that it will.

Also, Syxx, I will watch the vids, and hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds. I don't know who the people are that are doing the commentary, but one of them has a voice that can get you hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back