Dienasty Warriors 7: Empires

Wandrian

I don't know.
the "Empires" spinoffs of the Dienasty Warriors games combine the relaxingly mindless hack and slash combat with the contrast of unexpectedly deep strategy and political elements as well as a generally sub-par character editor. And it's all there just so you can conquer third century China however you please.

Having just been leaked in Famitsu the other day, little is known other than Xu Shu(the strategist that served both Shu and Wei, not the retarded fatass bodyguard Xu Zhu) is the token new character to bring the playable character count up to 66, he has a sort of reverse grip sword EX weapon, and CAW(character editor) is making a comeback.

All of this on top of DW7 and 7XL's improvements to the core gameplay such as weapon switching for endless combos and high chances of DLC being compatible with it basically ensures: it will be one very awesome game.

Slated for a Japanese release in September, I'm betting November/December for it's western release. And now my list of must-have games for 2012 needs an update!

Soulcalibur V
Anarchy Reigns
Dienasty Warriors 7: Empires

thought the game was called Dynasty Warriors. They change it or was it just a type-o?

I've played one of these games on the ps2 and I did enjoy the game maybe I'll look into this.

I'm hoping the de-cloning process continues more so with this game. Other then that, it needs late Wu, and some for the Others faction. They don't get no love at all.

E3 trailer, featuring a look at Magoichi Ma Dai Xu Shu.

...I'm really, really hoping the lack of a 360 logo isn't an ominous sign :(

So we get Xu Shu (Magoichi/Ma Dai, with Ezio's hood) and a new weapon. Is there gonna be more footage, that shows anything related to the idea of Empires? Poor 360 users as well, I'd like to see the 360 players get a port. But so far it don't look good.

Agreed with 360 needing a port, and yeah more late Wu officers could be nice. Also hoping that the characters will carry over their updated WO3 movesets, it'd feel like such a step back if they lose those.

Hmm...No 360 version confirmed after much confusion. Yep. My interest for the game just died.

Wow, that sucks. Koei again lacking 360 port, hopefully you'll get 8, FOTNS 2, etc, etc.

I feel bad for you 360 users, because there is a market for them over here for the Warriors series.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires has been confirmed to be PS3-Only.

My Reaction:

tumblr_m6m187GgXl1r5r3sro1_500.gif

And now my dedication to this game has died a horrible, graphic death.

I'm really curious because of my lack of knowledge in the video game making industry. I've played dynasty warriors since three. but since I got my xbox at 4 I've yet to get to try out xtreme legends. and now they aren't even making empires for 360. So my question is: Is it that difficult to port over a game from the ps3 to the 360. and if isn't hard or very time consuming then why don't they? They surely would be making a profit am I right?

I usually pass on the Empires/Xtreme Legends versions but I may pick this up because the dude looked real cool. Too bad he isn't in WO3.

Bumping this reminded me of it and further broke my heart. Thanks a lot, Burst-y </3

I'm sorry :'( I'm just so p.o. that they don't make xl and well for 7 empires too and want to know why not :( I never got to experience the Xtremeness of those legends. so sad... so sad...

Back