difference betwee HFS3 and HRAP3

Alright, I think I've got enough info about what to do for modding the HFS3. Quick question Kosh, when you change the buttons is it possible to not damage the artwork on the case? Reason is I'll be buying the SCIV HFS3, and I like the design.

Alright, I think I've got enough info about what to do for modding the HFS3. Quick question Kosh, when you change the buttons is it possible to not damage the artwork on the case? Reason is I'll be buying the SCIV HFS3, and I like the design.

Yes, you only need to damage the artwork if you intend to fully replace the stick.

I think the buttons in the HRAP might be slightly higher quality.

HRAP buttons are Hori buttons same as the HFS, only difference component wise is the stick, for which they charge a premium on. Only other real difference (aside from size) is that button swapping on a HRAP is much easier than it is on the HFS.

Since they are connected using QDs, they have different prongs which makes me think they might have different microswitches. Plus I hear way more stories of buttons dying on the HFS and EX2. That said, I'd still swap the buttons.

The buttons of the HFS break very easily indeed. Overall it's not of very good quality.

I'd like to change for that stick http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-2sxw.html

pa.130820.1.jpg

I'm also wondering why the play-asia site says "Compatible with PlayStation3™ Japan". Does anyone know if it could work for a US console ?

Any other comment about that one ?

I'm actually really excited by the SF4 Hori stick. I forget where I saw it, but it looks like it combines the best features of the HFS and HRAP.

You know what, I think that was the stick I was thinking about, but I thought they useed the HFS body but somehow got a sanwa stick to fit in, along with a dpad/leftstick/rightstick switch. If it's just a HRAP body then never mind, I'll keep my HFS thank you very much! :)

Zen - no, that's not my stick, it's a stick someone made by modding a hori ex for the 360 by changing out the ball top, the restrictor plate, the buttons and the art. I did something similar for my HFS for the PS3, you can probably find pictures around here somewhere... (I can't copy-paste right now, I don't have a computer and I'm using my PS3 as a web browser, which unfortunately doesn't have copy-paste.)

@kosh: aw nuts xD i was going to ask you for more detail if you could, since the thread i read on SRK is quite difficult for me to follow ATM. more so since i'm not familiar with the terminologies yet as well as the thread was laking some pics that i need more detail on.

The buttons of the HFS break very easily indeed. Overall it's not of very good quality.

I'd like to change for that stick http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-2sxw.html

I'm also wondering why the play-asia site says "Compatible with PlayStation3™ Japan". Does anyone know if it could work for a US console ?

Any other comment about that one ?

I have that stick. The buttons are hori buttons, same as the HFS, the difference is the sanwa stick and the fact that the buttons aren't soldered in so if you wanted to replace the cheap hori buttons with sanwas it'll be an easy mod. To answer your second question, yes it works on a US ps3.

Heres a pic of mine modded with sanwa buttons and a matching balltop:

stick.jpg

I just got the SCIV one.
I changed the button layout though.

A B K [SWT]
G [L1][R1] [ABKG]

I like it like this.

Thanks oberallen for the heads up !

So overall what do you think of that stick and the offer at play-asia ? Is it worth the price ($129 + $80 shipping = $209!) ? Also where did you get it ?

I just got an email from Hori USA confirming me that this stick is NEVER gonna be released in the US...

Back