Discussion on the Best OSTs in SC

KingAce

HERMITISM
IMO. The best Soul Calibur soundtracks in their respectful order.

Intros
1.Edge of Soul (Soul Blade intro.)
2.Under the Stars of Destiny SC2
3.Hour of Destiny. SC 3
4.Seize Your Destiny SC4

I never played Soul Edge or SC1

Confrontation

SC2
1.If There Were Any Other Way(SC2 Destined battle theme)
2.Hubris (SC2 Mitsu theme)
3.Destiny Awaits No One.(SC2Yun Seong theme)
4.Raise thy Sword.(SC2 Nightmare theme)
5.Sword of the Patriot. (SC2 Hwangso Palace theme)
6.No Turning Back(SC2 South France Mansion theme)
7.Chasing Death (SC2 Egyptian Ruins)
8.Guided By Wind (SC2 Talim’s theme)
9.Hellfire SC2 (THEME OF Tartaros)
10.Brave Sword, Braver Soul(SC2 Taki’s theme)

Soul Calibur 3
1.The Blade Seeker(SC3)
2.Forsaken Sanctuary (SC3 Destined Battle theme)
3.Call of the Ancients (SC3 Yun Seong’s theme)
4.Sail Over the Storm (SC3 Maxi theme)
5.Wings of Despair (SC3 Tira’s theme)
6.TIME MARCHES ON (SC3 Zass’s theme)
7.Water Dance (SC3 Xianghua’s Theme)
6.Fearless Eyes- (SC3 Sophie theme)
8.The Cursed Image (SC3 Taki’s theme)
9.Courage Ablaze (SC3 Cass’s theme)
10.Pure Breeze(SC3 Talim’s theme)

Soul Calibur 4
1.Destiny Will Tell(SC4)
2.Reign of Doom(Throne Room)
3.Phatasmagoria (Phantom Pavilion)
4.Halcyon Harbor
5.Indomitable Warrior

Here's an awesome thread! I tend to shock people because I recognize every single theme track till SC3, so I guess I'll give this a try in a while xD

KingAce... go to the ADVANCED EDIT option in your post and deselect "Automatically embed media"... If you didnt want them to embed, thats how you do it. By default, when you make a post, this option is enabled.

Don't forget Tempered Soul. That's one of my favorite songs in Soul Calibur 4.::is a huge fan of Chinese Folk Music::

I really dislike Thanatos-- I just think it's really really corny, almost like it's trying too hard to be intense. It's probably that guitar solo. Though on the flipside it'd be pretty cool if I made it into a Guitar Hero custom.

In other news, because of this thread I saw the greatness that was the Soul Blade intro. Great thread.

I have a theme I am going for and that is epicness... and to me these are the most epic.
Just made a youtube playlist of this...to pass time.

If There Were Any Other Way (SC2)
Hubris(SC2)
Destiny Will Tell(SC4)
The Blade Seeker(SC3)
Forsaken Sanctuary(SC3)
Wings of Despair (SC3)
Confrontation (SC/SC3)
Destiny Awaits No One(SC2)
Raise thy Sword(SC2)

If There Were Any Other Way:
I don't know how many times I played SC2 arcade, but the destined battle was too awesome with this in the background. Personally I am attached to it, because my Yun Seong always got it's ass whupped by Talim.

Hubris
It is straight out of a Samurai war movie. Kind of sad in a way. Imagine massive armies with horses and flags...raiding some castle in edo.

Destiny Will Tell
SC4 theme is so surprising good...people must love the ring because of it. It screams Awesomeness.

The Blade Seeker
Damn Namco loves Mitsurugi, Battle at The straits, with ships on fire, and arrows flying across the screen...most epic ring in SC3. How many instruments do hear in this one?

Forsaken Sanctuary
Another great Destined Battle theme...do you hear that epicness son, as Zasalamel turns into Abyss...do you hear?

Wings of Despair
I will group this one with Destiny Will Tell for being surprisingly awesome, although the raft really sucks as a stage.
One good thing about Tira in SC3.

Confrontation
This brings back memories...

Destiny Awaits No One
Imagine Maxi and Yun Seong fighting on this one, it almost looks like they're dancing. Get up dance, don't just seat there shake your ass to beat.:sc2maxi2:

Raise thy Sword.
Damn bring back the old school Nightmare....too cold.

The SC series has AMAZING OSTs. Very well done overall. The themes not only fit the stages themselves, but overall are also just great fighting game songs.

SC1 had some great music as well
Leaving the World Behind (Cervantes) In the Name of Father (Nightmare) Worth Dying For (Siegfried) The Cursed Image (Taki) Unblessed Soul (Ivy) Eye to Eye, Blade to Blade (Mina)
All so good, so epic!! lol My fave song from the series though would have to be Ephemeral Dream from SC3.

I've only played SC1 prior to SC4, which was like 6-7 years ago. Man SC1's OST was the shit now that I listened to most of em.

Man they need more stages for this game.

Omg I'm going to DL the SC1 songs onto SC4 now.

I really wish they'd hurry up and release the tracks for SC2 and SC3. Wtf are they waiting for anyway, they know it'd print money.

Some of my faves not including the SC1 stuff already released:

SC2:
If There Were Any Other Way
Hubris
Eternal Struggle
Confrontation
Unwavering Resolve

SC3:
The Blade Seeker
Ephemereal Dream
Fearless Eyes
The Cursed Image (though I like the original better)
No Regrets

Don't forget Tempered Soul. That's one of my favorite songs in Soul Calibur 4.::is a huge fan of Chinese Folk Music::

Tempered Soul is ok. It's trying hard to be Hubris from SC2 but it's not as good imo. Once they release Hubris, it's replacing Tempered Soul on that stage for me.

Also, the version of Hubris from the arranged OST is way WAY superior to the one in the actual game. The one posted above by KingAce is the game version. Here is the arranged OST version:

It's like the game version but with more realistic sounding instruments (real chinese violin or Erhu). If you like chinese folk music with a twist, this one is exquisite.

I absolutely love Hubris, The Theme of Taki in SC2, Ephemeral Dream, Tempered Soul, No Turning Back, Gigantesque, and all of Talims Themes.

There is a flute version of hubris on the brady games ost of SCII. That and Confrontation are unbeatable.
Sad they removed those, Lakeside Colisseum wouldve been awesome in todays graphics.

Back