District 9

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Releases today in my city... and looks pretty damn sweet. Has anyone seen it? Is anyone hype for this flick?

I really like the plot idea of District 9, and I hope they pull it off correctly. I'm looking forward to it.

Thoughts?

i saw the screening tonight although it doesn't release til tomorrow.

it was really good. Looked good, acting was good, setting was cool actually. It had some serious cliche moments as you knew what would happen, or this would happen but it was still very good.

Is it just me, or did the main character almost look like Steve Carell ? XD

Other than that, this movie was awesome. :D At first I didn't know what to expect due to the trailer; however, it really worked well to promote the movie. I mean these days, Hollywood is usually stupid and you usually see all the scenes within the trailer. They really did a great job on not spoiling the movie. And as for the movie, the story and the effect definitlly make it a summer blockbuster. :D Go see it !! >:)

Is it just me, or did the main character almost look like Steve Carell ? XD

Other than that, this movie was awesome. :D At first I didn't know what to expect due to the trailer; however, it really worked well to promote the movie. I mean these days, Hollywood is usually stupid and you usually see all the scenes within the trailer. They really did a great job on not spoiling the movie. And as for the movie, the story and the effect definitlly make it a summer blockbuster. :D Go see it !! >:)

Yes he did remind me of Steve.

I also agree on the trailer. You don't go in knowing whats going to unfold in the story. This is a must see for sure.

Amazing movie and I'm notoriously judgemental in what I like. Acting was great (even the aliens), premise was great, very real, draws you in, good story, tons of action, I could go on.

Don't think it's a horror film though, it's not (which I knew before watching...cuz as we all know horror movies have sucked since the 80's spare a few rogue films). It's a conspiracy Sci-Fi. But think of it how X-men is Sci-Fi. X-Men has it's super powers and what not, but it's heart is social drama and pressure...backed by laser beams and adamantium claws. you'll find yourself more focused on the interaction of alien and human than what the aliens do.

This is a must see. Also do yourself a favor and DO NOT go hunting info on this. The beauty of it all is suspense and you have no clue what's going to happen next, just enjoy the ride. The plots unpredictable and you'll be damned to find a single cliché.

While I disagree in the assumption that there are no cliche scenes in this movie, it was still amazing. Worth every second of your time.

ya the "cliche" things did in fact happen in this movie, but point is it was told so well it didn't matter.

all i know is the main had the Derek syndrome, if you know Peter Jackson you know Derek (sp?)

I'm Derek.

Anyway, didn't see it this weekend... I ended up renting Halloween (rob zombie version, awesome) and I love you, man; which was fucking hilarious. But thanks for the feedback, I was going to see it anyway, but this just gets me hype.

Back