Divine Truth, need more info about it

NaizakiNomac

Master of the Sword
Hi people !
I've been playing around testing Divine Truth a bit and the 8wayrun wiki seems to be lacking a bit of info about this move...

I've been able to pull off Divine Truth with K against K attack, it seems to be missing in the list...
I've seen that doing Divine Truth with any button at the right moment is triggering an auto-evade but with some life that is sacrificed in the process... The unblockable is doing a lot of damage, but I wonder if it can be step during the execution. Plus, I wonder what is the frame data of divine truth, since REF + divine truth could equal enough time to actually counter some moves...

Anyway, except for all that, auto-evade and unblockable with a lot of damage + potential healing afterward. This is making me wonder if this move is good enough to be used or not oO Does anyone actually use it against high skill opponent or this move should be forgotten ?

Well. You must input the same command button as the opponent had used.
For example: Kick attacks require you to press K, Horizontals or A attacks require you to press A, and Verticals or B attacks requre you to press B.

Multiple button combinations such as A+B and require you to either press A or B in this case. Other combinations require you to press one of the buttons used in their command.

It is an evadeable move, but not very easily. It has nice tracking, and most people don't even have the reflexes to avoid it in the split second chance you have. Moves like X's 44B and Amy's 44B and so on are moves that SOMETIMES avoid this, but can always hop right back into the line of fire.

The life is only sacrificed if you A.) Hit nothing once you initiate the A+B and evade their attack or B.) You hit the wrong button. This leaves you in the REF stance, allowing a quick A for the low or maybe a grab or any other move you may want to try out of this.

And yes, I use it on people who have been to tournaments and so on. It works quite well, so long as you are good at anticipating or you KNOW what type of move is coming next. I get it often enough for me to find it one of my favorite moves, but it is slightly risky. Not too much though since it's a free evade and a chance at the UB or a little life taken away and put into REF.

Don't overuse it or else someone may become smart and throw you. I SHOULD say don't use it for bait, really. I find it best to use it while close and asap instead of waiting for someone to try to run up and attack me.

lol in an online mirror match i charge forward with 66,a+b. and get divine truthed. what a bad way to start a match. it is great against easily predicted moves like the slow 66 a+b and such. since then ive been careful in mirror matches but it is a really under used move so i really dont need to watch out for it but still

^many people use that move or one like that. Such as amy players. They normally use it to start. Ivy's either use 66A or back up and use a B attack. Kilik's generally start with B's, Mina's B's or rarely A's. Voldo start with B's and Tira's sometimes like to start with K's or A's. It gets very predictable as you play more people, allowing you to do the move more often.

REF A+B and then whatever button your opponent presses :S if you're in REF and your opponent comes at you with a B, you need to A+B B before the opponent's attack hits, and so on if they press A, K, etc. if you time it right you'll perform the unblockable.

When your opponent is about to hit you while you're in REF, you hit A+B. By hitting A+B, Yoshi "dodges" the attack. You then must guess what attack the opponent used by pressing A, B, or K. If you guess wrong or you're too slow, you take damage equivalent to what the move should have done, but you stay in REF. If you guess correctly, Yoshi jumps high in the air and does a falling UB on his head. Just like SDGF K:K, if you press K right when Yoshi hits the ground, you can gain life.

There are some weird quirks with this move. Specifically against Voldo. Been a while since I tested it, but many of Voldo's A moves from BS are considered B attacks for this counter attack (or possibly vice-versa). So, the important thing is to test and figure out the properties of each move as opposed to assuming each move matches the button pressed or assuming A = all horizontals, B = all verts, etc.

There are some weird quirks with this move. Specifically against Voldo. Been a while since I tested it, but many of Voldo's A moves from BS are considered B attacks for this counter attack (or possibly vice-versa). So, the important thing is to test and figure out the properties of each move as opposed to assuming each move matches the button pressed or assuming A = all horizontals, B = all verts, etc.

I have seen that occuring with Astaroth too. I have been trying to counter some move but it never works, I should probably try a different button just like you said, this would explain why this counter does not work several times even when I'm guessing correctly. I'll probably continue testing a bit on that move, since I find it really useful. I mean, the unblockable is doing a lot of damage, I think it's a least 1/4 of the life bar, which means a lot of health for a counter. Anyway, I still think the evade thing really useful. I didn't like REF before, but now that I know a little bit more about this counter, it's changing all my view point on that stance. Thanks for the info about this move, this will help for testing !

Back