Do the fans still care about 'em? Episode #5 Zasalamel

Shall Zasalamel continue to live?

• Total voters
Go F Yourself! Zasalamel has a badass personality and nothing will change that!

so your response is just "boohoo somebody insulted my fav character, lets show him we mean business by typing angry words over the internet!!! that sure showed him...time to suck dick"

as a design Zas is a shitty and uninspired character who's sole purpose for being in SC was to fill that "there's no black people in SC" quota
as a playable character, his weapon and moveset were cool

as a design Zas is a shitty and uninspired character who's sole purpose for being in SC was to fill that "there's no black people in SC" quota
as a playable character, his weapon and moveset were cool
Just... Shut the fuck up...

lol I didn't make him type such angry words. I merely stated my opinion on Zas, both good points and bad. if he doesn't like it then perhaps he should explain why Zas is such an interesting character...or act like an adult instead of a 10 year old child who spouts vulgarity because there's people out who have opinions that differ from his...srsly it's about as bad as those Talim-fags

Talim Fans, Zasalamel Fans! Let's show this lab rat how to be a real man!
translation: calling all fags!!! calling all fags!!! lets try to intimidate this man with our over bearing virginity!!! lets not sit down and actually discuss or talk about good/bad points (like real men do) that's not important, lets defend our character like Justin Bieber fanboys, by telling him to F himself, that'll show him!!!

What about when Zas turning into Abyss? Abyss was a much better version of Zas. I think if he was in SCV he would be decent.

as a design Abyss was much more cooler than Zas and it really went well with his "upgraded" moveset, but his personality was still uninspired and overall non-existent

Last edited:
Reasons I like Zas:
1)Scythe
2)Badass cape and medallion
3) he is manipulator that knows far more than he says
4) he actually feels fitting into SC both as a game and as a story. Like, really, for me it's the opposite to ZER0 - I see him as one of those cases, when it's not just "let's have a black guy, just to have some representative of black-people in the game" he has quite cool design, moveset and is a mastermind behind SCIII events.
5) he is "something ancient and immortal, not sure if even entirely human"... it's silly but i like when there is one character like that in the cast

Yeah, he doesn't shows much personality, but that's the problem with more than half of the cast (~75%), so judging only him for that is quite unjustified.

Reasons I like Zas:
1)Scythe
2)Badass cape and medallion
3) he is manipulator that knows far more than he says
4) he actually feels fitting into SC both as a game and as a story. Like, really, for me it's the opposite to ZER0 - I see him as one of those cases, when it's not just "let's have a black guy, just to have some representative of black-people in the game" he has quite cool design, moveset and is a mastermind behind SCIII events.
5) he is "something ancient and immortal, not sure if even entirely human"... it's silly but i like when there is one character like that in the cast

Yeah, he doesn't shows much personality, but that's the problem with more than half of the cast (~75%), so judging only him for that is quite unjustified.

@TopazHacker takes notes, son. ^ THIS right here is how you act like an adult, or as you crudely say "how to be a real man!"

anyway now that I have that out of the way.
I agree, his weapon, SC3 design and moveset were awesome. However I still think the whole "I'm immortal and want to die" angle for a character wasn't anything new at the time and isn't anything new now, sure you can argue that him being the mastermind behind SC3 as well as going into his history of reincarnation shows his years of intelligence, wisdom and cunning.
I'm willing to relent that combining the powers of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur was pretty clever, and becoming Abyss was cool, but none of this gives Zas any presence, other than the fact his only defining trait was the fact he was black, which, lets be honest, isn't enough to have any sort of staying power.

@TopazHacker takes notes, son. ^ THIS right here is how you act like an adult, or as you crudely say "how to be a real man!"

anyway now that I have that out of the way.
I agree, his weapon, SC3 design and moveset were awesome. However I still think the whole "I'm immortal and want to die" angle for a character wasn't anything new at the time and isn't anything new now, sure you can argue that him being the mastermind behind SC3 as well as going into his history of reincarnation shows his years of intelligence, wisdom and cunning.
I'm willing to relent that combining the powers of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur was pretty clever, and becoming Abyss was cool, but none of this gives Zas any presence, other than the fact his only defining trait was the fact he was black, which, lets be honest, isn't enough to have any sort of staying power.

Ok. But Immortalaty and Reincarnation are both different things.

Back