Do you guys think that Bandai Namco and Project Soul read through this forum?

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
Do you guys think that Bandai Namco and Project Soul pay attention to this site's forum and Reddit? I think the 8WayRun forums and Reddit is a good way for the development team to pay attention and listen to some of the discussions and ideas that the more dedicated and vocal fans are discussing. I think there are some great discussion and feedback that the team could observe ranging from game design balancing and features to the game's art and aesthetics. The development team could notice and address some of the concerns that fans have about SoulCalibur VI and even polish some of the features that are receiving positive feedback from the fans.

I don't know if the development team or if members of Bandai Namco America are reading this but I think it would be a great idea for there to be more communication from staff members and the SoulCalibur community. I know that there are communications through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter but the 8WayRun forums and Reddit are where most of the dedicated fans who stick around discuss and express our concerns and satisfaction of the game.

If anyone from Bandai Namco is reading this then I would like to let you guys know that it's about time for SoulCalibur to expand its fanbase and community as I believe that it's through communication that helps keep fighting game franchises healthy. Right now SoulCalibur VI is lacking in teasers and reveals from developers and I can feel the hype for the game begin to dwindle. If new content isn't ready to be revealed then at least teasers, development blogs and diaries, and even frequent comments about the game from developers would certainly help generate conversation among fans and those interested in the game. I really want to get this off my chest since I've been a longtime fan of the SoulCalibur franchise and it would be very disappointing if the game fails and it takes another six to seven years until the next entry to the franchise appears again.

Maybe. While Vergeben has been right about a lot of stuff so far I still have a doubt that they actually frequent here. However Siegfried did appear to supposedly appease people that he wouldn't make it in because of Nightmare's armor break. So... Eh.

New member here.

In my experience with other game devs, they do visit fan forums and reddit, but they mostly lurk and hunt for leaks.

the authors of the game claim that they made the Lost Swords at the suggestion of the players who claimed that it was very profitable
After commercial failure of SC5 and Lost Swords authors decided to went the most safest and profitable route – making SC6 as close to old fans’ tastes as possible.
Therefore, I think that some kind of feedback exists
But I also think that after a failure with the Lost Swords, the authors of the game will significantly less trust the opinion of the audience

the authors of the game claim that they made the Lost Swords at the suggestion of the players who claimed that it was very profitable
After commercial failure of SC5 and Lost Swords authors decided to went the most safest and profitable route – making SC6 as close to old fans’ tastes as possible.
Therefore, I think that some kind of feedback exists
But I also think that after a failure with the Lost Swords, the authors of the game will significantly less trust the opinion of the audience
I don't recall us ever having a big thread titled "SINGLE PLAYER ONLY SOULCALIBUR WHEN?".
Sure, you can claim LS was influenced by the community in part, what with old fan-favourite characters returning, but that's not what made LS such a rotten and deeply idiotic concept at its very foundation.

If we ask for a sandwich, and they present us a dried cake of diarrhea between two slices of bread, I don't think that could be considered our fault.

I don't recall us ever having a big thread titled "SINGLE PLAYER ONLY SOULCALIBUR WHEN?".
Sure, you can claim LS was influenced by the community in part, what with old fan-favourite characters returning, but that's not what made LS such a rotten and deeply idiotic concept at its very foundation.

Indeed it was a very stupid concept. Their attempts to return old favorites while forcing you to pay money for like, say, Seong Mina just felt very greedy in their part. This is only just one example that a lot of people had a problem with that game and in no way did people want something like that at all. At all.

Me, on the other hand is glad they shut that shit down after the negative reception it got.

I can say factually that they most certainly come here.

In the early stages of sc5’s development, us maxi players made suggestions that came to fruition.

I even recall a small contest where devs were looking for names for the quick battle characters. MANY 8wayrunners have their names as part of the sc legend (myself included).

So yes. They lurk, listen and implement to us.

Last edited:
in the Steam community there are many indie games, the authors of which communicate with the players.
I myself talked with the authors of few indie games.

Firstly, they complain of frequent spam from novice players.
For example: a novice player lost for the hero A to the hero B, because of his poor ability to play. But he is sure that to blame for everything his bad hero and the authors of the game. And now he obtrusively insists on changing the game balance.
Another player lost for hero B to hero A, and now he sure that hero B is too weak. Now he also obtrusively demands to change the game balance.
What is the rightful answer of the game makers to such players? Trying to say "the problem is not in a weak hero, but in your weak ability to play!" such players are often perceived as a personal insult, and begin to insult the authors of the game in response (and sometimes even threaten).

Secondly frequent problem - many of the ideas suggested by players are unacceptable because of copyright issues or age restrictions (many fans ideas is NSFW for too erotic or too goreful for schoolboys...at least in the opinion of their parents who buy them these games).
so I'm not sure that the authors of the game read the wish list of players

Back