Do you win titles in all online modes, including player matches and Global Coloseo?

FallenAngelII

[09] Warrior
I have absolutely no desire to have to play every single character for 30 matches each (that's hundreds of matches and do who knows what else to unlock the 33 (399/432) titles I have yet to unlock, so I was thinking, can you unlock titles through winning in Player Matches and/or the Global Coloseo, do I still get the titles I do not have?

It'll still take some time, but not nearly as much as manually unlocking them would. If the answer is "Yes", is there anyone out there with all titles (or just the ones I'm missing, or just some of them) who would be willing to spend maybe a half an hour to an hour with me online to help me unlock these things? The matches would just involve you getting yourself Ringed Out as fast as possible to speed this process up and switching out titles in between each match. Of course, your Battle Record will take a hit, so don't do it if you care about that.

I still have 7 Player Levels to go before I hit the max level, so I'm guessing I'll get some titles from those level ups.

The titles I'm missing are (it'd be helpful if people could tell me what they're actually called if they have them):
* The one in between Carnivore and Cat Lover on page 3/18.
* The three titles in between Red Knight and Three Wise Men, in addition to the one after Three Wise Men on page 4/18.
* The one after Always Hungry and the one after The Undead on page 5/18.
* The one after Silent Eyes (i.e. the very last one on the page) on page 6/18.
* Every single title after Lady Thief on page 7/18, which I assume is where all of the "Soul of..." titles after off because the two "Soul of..." titles that I have are on the next page.
* The two titles before Soul of Leixia and the four titles after Soul of Aeon on page 8/18.

"Soul of" titles I have earned at least by playing Legendary Souls, if I remember correctly. Probably doable with Quick Battle.

Collector fiend, huh?

"Soul of" titles I have earned at least by playing Legendary Souls, if I remember correctly. Probably doable with Quick Battle.
I kinda doubt that, seeing as how I have Soul of Aeon and I've never played Legendary Souls with him (it's possible there are multiple ways of unlocking them, though). I read somewhere (GameFAQs, probably) that you need to play with a character for 30 games in order to unlock their "Soul of..." title.

Collector fiend, huh?
More like completionist. I want everything unlocked.

I kinda doubt that, seeing as how I have Soul of Aeon and I've never played Legendary Souls with him (it's possible there are multiple ways of unlocking them, though). I read somewhere (GameFAQs, probably) that you need to play with a character for 30 games in order to unlock their "Soul of..." title.
30 games, yes. Says that in the FuturePress guide.

Like I said, I recall getting a "Soul of" title playing Legendary Souls. I assume you could probably get it playing Arcade, or Legendary Souls, or Quick Battle, anything but offline Vs. since you can't gain anything in that mode.

More like completionist. I want everything unlocked.
Eh, more power to you, I suppose. Good luck.

30 games, yes. Says that in the FuturePress guide.

Like I said, I recall getting a "Soul of" title playing Legendary Souls. I assume you could probably get it playing Arcade, or Legendary Souls, or Quick Battle, anything but offline Vs. since you can't gain anything in that mode.
Oh, I thought you meant you can get them simply by going through Legendary Souls. OK, so one can get titles through all modes except Offline Vs. How idiotic.

Why am I expected to play hundreds of matches just to unlock the "Souls of" titles? At least if offline Vs. counted as well, other people could play their mains on my Xbox and unlock the titles.

They don't expect you to collect every title.

Right now, I have the Soul titles of:

Mitsurugi
Pyrrha
Patroklos
Xiba
Ezio

I main Patroklos, with Mitsurugi as a secondary. I have experimented with Pyrrha, Xiba, and Ezio extensively to find if their playstyles fit mine, and so I have their titles.

It is supposed to be, that if you're drawn to a certain character, you get the option to put that on your playercard, to let everybody know who you rep.

You're a completionist. 100% in any game always takes work. I thought you'd be used to this already.

It's not so bad. More experience and a broadening of matchup data never hurt anyone.

This is idiotic. One cannot unlock titles by triumphing over foes in Ranked (and I'm guessing Player Matches and the Coloseo as well). I guess it's so you can't swap titles, but it's still annoying as Hell, 'cause now I've got to play every single character for 30 matches each.

Back