Does Talim need a buff?

You

[09] Warrior
I've heard mixed reception about her, saying she's good, she's not good etc. She feels like a lot of work in matches because of short range and lower damage- but I still enjoy using her. She's quick, but she doesn't really feel quick enough to compensate for her shortcomings. Wouldn't mind seeing her WNC and WNF be faster.

If she were to receive a buff, what would you like to see?

I wish she had a decent low outside of stance, one that felt like it lead into something I mean, I know 1k is pretty decent.

Her damage is fine, it's just people don't really have much to worry about if they just stand and guard her strings, you can GI / duck in the middle of a lot of them so they can just asses what to do in the middle of the string rather than actually guess.

Her overall speed is nothing amazing, when she lacks damage and range.
They need to make her moves come out faster. 6k. 6A. 6B. 3A. 2K. 2B. 1K. 1B. 1A+B.
Add a low attack while crouching.
Add a throw during 6B+K
Give 1K a small amount of plus frames on hit

yes, most of her stuff just doesn't work. Her back stance for example is total trash, her lack of block strings makes her easy to abuse GI or just duck, her damage isn't good particularly on counter hits and for a short range character (compare her to maxi for example) her guard breaks aren't good, etc etc. Talim is all gimmicks and the gimmicks aren't even very effective outside windcannon. I think any early success solid players are having with her is mostly due to people being unfamiliar to her.

I think most characters in this game are very strong and could use a small nerf, or atleast a reduction in input lag to make stuff more reactable, but talim definitely needs buffs. Most likely she is the worst character in the game right now and only really okay in very low level play.

Her couching 3B into B launcher should be a low into mid for example, and I would flat out get rid of her going into reversal edge during BBB

yes, most of her stuff just doesn't work. Her back stance for example is total trash, her lack of block strings makes her easy to abuse GI or just duck, her damage isn't good particularly on counter hits and for a short range character (compare her to maxi for example) her guard breaks aren't good, etc etc. Talim is all gimmicks and the gimmicks aren't even very effective outside windcannon. I think any early success solid players are having with her is mostly due to people being unfamiliar to her.

I think most characters in this game are very strong and could use a small nerf, or atleast a reduction in input lag to make stuff more reactable, but talim definitely needs buffs. Most likely she is the worst character in the game right now and only really okay in very low level play.

Her couching 3B into B launcher should be a low into mid for example, and I would flat out get rid of her going into reversal edge during BBB

I would argue that astaroth and Zas are worse,

No idea about Astaroth but no waaaay is Zasalamel bad.

maybe the ones I've fought are just bad, or don't know how to fight talim.

It seemed to me like he doesn't have many options, and while his ce is great, it's startup can still be shut down unlike Ivy's.

Although bare in mind I don't think that the. difference between tiers is as bad as it has been in the past. It seems like most characters can put up a fight.

As for the topic in question, honestly, yes, I think she will end up needing some things, but I'm hesitant to say what they all are right now, since it's still early enough to where we haven't discovered every little thing yet. About Talim OR the rest of the cast.

Things that I'd like to see for now, imo, are:
- Her AA to be i10 or i11. (if they want Taki to undisputedly have the fastest AA, then make it i11 for Talim)
- Her WNS A to combo into WNS (K) on NH.
- Her WNS B to be safe on block when there's no stance transition
- Her WNC stance programmed to be immune to moves classified as Verticals (including kicks) ONLY during the spin.

Even then, this is the Talim we have now, and I still think there's more to be discovered with her frame traps.

Also guys, PLEASE consider what Talim actually is designed to do in this game. Having a thread like this in the second week of release is bad enough. But at LEAST think about what you're suggesting before you post it. Please. She definitely doesn't need brand new moves or old ones brought back.

This is my last post in this thread until news of a patch is heard. You guys have fun.

As for the topic in question, honestly, yes, I think she will end up needing some things, but I'm hesitant to say what they all are right now, since it's still early enough to where we haven't discovered every little thing yet. About Talim OR the rest of the cast.

Things that I'd like to see for now, imo, are:
- Her AA to be i10 or i11. (if they want Taki to undisputedly have the fastest AA, then make it i11 for Talim)
- Her WNS A to combo into WNS (K) on NH.
- Her WNS B to be safe on block when there's no stance transition
- Her WNC stance programmed to be immune to moves classified as Verticals (including kicks) ONLY during the spin.

Even then, this is the Talim we have now, and I still think there's more to be discovered with her frame traps.
She is still crap with those buffs.

what surprises me is that talim has always been weak tier, in 2, 3 and 4. You would think they learned their lesson by now. At least some of the others got needed buffs (siegfried). Not saying she hasn't had buffs, but they didn't do enough IMO.

She needs to have good CH stuns as well as NC stuns that lead into big damage. Having shit range and mediocre speed, she needs big combos.

Her overall speed is nothing amazing, when she lacks damage and range.
They need to make her moves come out faster. 6k. 6A. 6B. 3A. 2K. 2B. 1K. 1B. 1A+B.
Add a low attack while crouching.
Add a throw during 6B+K
Give 1K a small amount of plus frames on hit

A perfect Soul Arena for complaining about their character.

what surprises me is that talim has always been weak tier, in 2, 3 and 4. You would think they learned their lesson by now. At least some of the others got needed buffs (siegfried). Not saying she hasn't had buffs, but they didn't do enough IMO.

She needs to have good CH stuns as well as NC stuns that lead into big damage. Having shit range and mediocre speed, she needs big combos.
She requires too much work while some people don't even realise this. But you know, I think she shall stay as a weak tier character. That way she will lose her fanbase and probably removed in SC7. Sophie is already played by loads of people in Ranked, as she is a stronger close-ranged character.

RIP Talim.

um she was top tier in 2? Boring as fuck but def upper mid.

Also we don't talk about the mess that is 3. 4 is when they finally got a fun and good identity for her, but they're afraid to make it a strong one. She's out dodged by so many people.

Most of her LHs lead to pretty good damage. Both LH A+B and 236B punish people trying to read her with GIs and net about 90 damage. LH 66B punishes people trying to step away from her offense for about 90 damage. LH WNF B:B when stance transitioned into can get 95 damage alone and 110 meter less. LH BT A+B uncharged and LH 44B get about 85 damage. LH 6(A+B) gets at least 94 meter less and over 100 with CE as a whiff punisher. LH RE A also gets a lot of damage but is usually inferior to just going for a dodge into WNF B:B.

I'm pretty sure this means her damage isn't as shitty as y'all are making it out to be.

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't intend this thread to be a "Talim bashing fest". It was just simply made to see what others would like to see if she receives a buff of some sort. Some people make her seem like she's completely unviable, and I think that is untrue. After seeing some high level gameplay of her, she is actually quite good.

However, I do still stand on what I stated earlier. But regardless, i'm just happy we have her and SoulCalibur back.

She requires too much work while some people don't even realise this. But you know, I think she shall stay as a weak tier character. That way she will lose her fanbase and probably removed in SC7. Sophie is already played by loads of people in Ranked, as she is a stronger close-ranged character.

RIP Talim.
Do remember that casuals play whoever they want and tiers don't matter at that level, and also remember that well over 90% of the fans are casuals. I don't see a good enough reason for people to stop using her, especially if she has that fun factor.

I played Raphael in sc5. Oof played dampierre. People play characters because they are enjoyable, not necessarily because they were good

I think they should also buff the range on WNS (K) so that it hits short characters in combos like 236b 44B WNS(K). It's already got such a niche use, let it actually do what it's supposed to do.

Also, 22_88BB JF should be able to go into stances. Would open up some nice damage on a risky move.

I think they should also buff the range on WNS (K) so that it hits short characters in combos like 236b 44B WNS(K). It's already got such a niche use, let it actually do what it's supposed to do.

Also, 22_88BB JF should be able to go into stances. Would open up some nice damage on a risky move.

May I ask what characters you can't hit WNS (K) on? I don't tend to have issues with it.

Back