Don't Fret! Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
Earlier today, at the Tokyo Game Show 2010, Katsuhiro Harada dropped his bombshell and announced Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for arcades (and consoles?). Really this came as no surprise as the Tekken community has been expecting a new Tag game between every 3 core titles. While very few people actually expected an announcement for Soulcalibur V, I can already see that many people here on 8WR are a bit "miffed" on the lack of news.

I have just spoken directly with Harada on Twitter about this very subject. He has asked me not to post anything from our conversation to the public, but pretty much it has come to that Namco still needs more proof that there is indeed interest for sales in Soulcalibur V. Basically what that means is that we must continue to spread the word about the Facebook Like Petition as much as possible. Only with the direct support and power of this community will Soulcalibur V truly be possible.

While it may be true that Soulcalibur IV has sold more copies on consoles than Tekken 6 (according to VGChartz); it can never be so simple. If you look at the entire franchise history, Tekken has sold over 40 million, while Soulcalibur has only sold a quarter of that. So while 3 new Tekken games have just been announced (T7, TT2, TvSF), we may have to wait a bit more before we find out any news on the Soulcalibur franchise. Just keep putting the word out about the Facebook Like Petition and 8WayRun!

*EDIT* Harada-san has informed me that VGChartz does not accurately reflect sales in Europe; and at this point Tekken 6 is rocking Soulcalibur IV's socks off. This certainly makes sense as Soulcalibur is most popular in the US.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Yea i agree with Tyrik, but they could easily put a new spin on the plot to SC. One thing i didnt like about SCIV was that they didnt do a good job with explaining the story, and the story mode sucked. If they put more time developing character relationships in the game it would be much better.

Also, if they actually made a good opening like SCIII's, id be happier. SCIV's didnt show enough of the characters fighting, and even if they do its always the same ones (Ivy, Mitsu, Sieg, NM). If they showed some other characters in action (Kilik, Mina, Yoshi) that would be a much more interesting opening to get me pumped.

I dont play Tekken so im not interested in the announcement. Never really liked the game.

I am flat out not a fan of the tekken series, but i'll stay positive. Let's not come off as a bunch of whiny entitled princesses.

Tyrik32785;222374 said:
yimaxi But i Like that a bunch of tekken games are coming!It will boost tekken`s popularity and a lot of fans wanted TTT2!And actually though After scbd`s plot(besides nightmare becoming good)Nothing really happened that changed the story and chars are still doing the same missions or their objectives kinda boring actually.

Broken Destiny has nothing to do with the main story of soulcalibur it mentions this when you start a new game, anyhow i wish tekken had a G button, at least then you would have more control over the flow of the battle, i also think they should bring back tekken bowl. =D

I think that aside from selling more or less than tekken, soulcalibur sold enough to prove something, and that petition is just a stupid marketing tool to keep ppl interested till they made up for their mess with tekken.....

Its not the community that need to show proof of SC love .... i don't think that tekken X SF and tekken tag are gonna each sell more than an ipothetic SC5 so i don't believe this nonsense.

I really don't like Tekken 6 because well it felt boring to me; I regret buying it in the first place. I do believe in second chances and if Tekken Tag 2 comes out then I may consider renting it.

And now we wait for Tekken 8, Tekken 9, Tekken tag 3 and Tekken VS Bullshit after they've finished Tekken 7, X Street fighter and tag 2!! =D

Alan-ere Actually in my opinion the block button in tekken is easier to control(Just hit backwards t block High and mid attacks)But i do admit that i have a little trouble guarding low attacks.But sc does have it advantages over tekken such as faster movement,8way run,Guard impact(as opposed to low parry)and that movesets change more than tekken `s.Also if i was the creator or director of the sc and tekken series i would have announced sc5 already and said it was in development(the namco bandai people could have at least did that) to keep sc fans happy and not piss them off and actually devolep it and show a trailer of it (along with a few playable characters)a year later like with what ed boon did with mk 9 .Also about TTt 2 i think that juggling and bound stuff needs to be removed form it(or the game will be unbalanced) and focus more on powering up the rage system(Like make chars glow with their Aura).

Tyrik32785;222556 said:
Alan-ere Actually in my opinion the block button in tekken is easier to control(Just hit backwards t block High and mid attacks)But i do admit that i have a little trouble guarding low attacks.But sc does have it advantages over tekken such as faster movement,8way run,Guard impact(as opposed to low parry)and that movesets change more than tekken `s.Also if i was the creator or director of the sc and tekken series i would have announced sc5 already and said it was in development(the namco bandai people could have at least did that) to keep sc fans happy and not piss them off and actually devolep it and show a trailer of it (along with a few playable characters)a year later like with what ed boon did with mk 9 .Also about TTt 2 i think that juggling and bound stuff needs to be removed form it(or the game will be unbalanced) and focus more on powering up the rage system(Like make chars glow with their Aura).

I know it is possible to guard but its like playing SC4 on 3bar i still get hit even when im guarding lol

:P 2011 the JP release date? Ok well i don't think I'll be buying it. As far as SC V goes even with a certain number of people signing or whatever, I don't think that namco-bandi would work on it. It seems as though their number one money maker is Tekken, sad but true.

Okay, I've tried to avoid this as long as I could but, FUCK TEKKEN FUCK TEKKEN FUCK TEKKEN!!!!! God I hate this fucking series and if I had any way I could I'd fly to Japan and assassinate everyone of these fucks! FOUR fucking Tekken titles coming up??? FUCKING FOUR! Fuck 'em all in the ass with a pinless grenade!

Ah, I feel much better now.

greatone1939;222686 said:
Okay, I've tried to avoid this as long as I could but, FUCK TEKKEN FUCK TEKKEN FUCK TEKKEN!!!!! God I hate this fucking series and if I had any way I could I'd fly to Japan and assassinate everyone of these fucks! FOUR fucking Tekken titles coming up??? FUCKING FOUR! Fuck 'em all in the ass with a pinless grenade!

Ah, I feel much better now.

*pat on shoulder* There, there. We know how you feel. Pie?

I swear ... some of you people are delusional and/or are very misinformed. Harada has repeatedly talked about how tekken consistently outperforms soul calibur not only in sales but in arcade revenue (yes other countires still support arcades!!).

"The Tekken series, if you look at it alone, each installment in the console versions sell about five million copies lifetime, and has continued for about fifteen years now. Plus the income from the arcades haven't really dropped off at all for the Tekken series in general." - Katsuhiro Harada http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/18/interview-katushiro-harada-talks-tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Even on facebook the most popular tekken page has over 350,000 likes!! and for soul calibur the most popular page has a little over 19,000 (Soul Calibur 4 facebook page)><
We just need to keep getting the word out with this petition and some of you people need to stop being delusional while doing nothing and thinking that they are just going to make another soul calibur because they are not.... thie reality is this game is dying. Do something !!

Unless I'm missing something each installment of Tekken has not sold 5 million copies. Tekken 3 sold 6+ million copies but after that tekken tag sold 3.9 Tekken 4 sold 3.3 tekken 5 sold 3.6 and tekken 6 sold 2.5. I'm only looking at console sales not psp or psn. As for the arcades Tekken has potential to do well there because it is actually there. Yea there is SC3 AE but that came out well after the console version and is out dated now so it's not even fair to compare those. At the moment SC4 still outsells tekken 6 since it has sold 2.54 million, that could change but either way there wont be a huge difference in the end so the argument that Tekken out performs SC by far is false.

Despite all these facts and rage we all feel about no new SC we must stick to the plan. The fact is Namco decides if we get a new game so bad mouthing them doesn't get us any where. Also if we want to communicate with them about letting us help balance the game we should remain on good terms. Bottom line we're pissed but vocalizing our anger gets us no where.

Realistically speaking we just started petitioning for the game so to recieve confirmation in the course of a month or 2 is completely unrealistic. We have to keep pushing for it, spread the word, and simply continue to show Namco our enthusiasm. MvC3 would never of happened if fans didn't keep begging for it and keep playing it with dedication. Same can be said for SF4. Because of the years of people dedicating themselves to it look how successfull the game is and how dedicated the offline community is. If people simply stopped playing between SF3 and SF4 I doubt evo would be able to pull 1000+ people for SF4. IMO the more alive we can be now the better and bigger of a community we'll have if and when SC5 comes.

WuHT;222404 said:
I am flat out not a fan of the tekken series, but i'll stay positive. Let's not come off as a bunch of whiny entitled princesses.

I think theyre making all these games to make tons of money for sc5 i mean cmon namco is involved in both of the crossovers they're gonna get a cut from both games cause after all licensing for yoshimitsu jin kazuya heihachi asuka nina etc all belong to namco bandai and their domain games Tekken and not to mention the long awaited (im speaking for myself and dont care if you want to kill heihachi's mom before heihachi was born so tekken wouldnt exist) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and I figure the more money they make the better sc5 is gonna turn out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back